A2C8 Becoming Chief
23 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Its morning in game, I spent the night placating the cub, talking with it, trying to get it to like  me better. Currently it still hates me, but its better than before. I walked outside with the cub, the bright and blaring sun overhead temporarily blinding me and the cub alike. Regarding the second rite I need to complete, challenging and winning against another tribes chieftain, it doesnt seem like their strength is any different from each other apart from one tribe in the east, so I decided just to go to the nearest one, which is in the west. 

When we left the village, the cub which I have yet to name took notice of all the greenskins fighting each other and asked me an interesting question.

"Why do you like to fight?"

"Why do I like to fight, or why does my kind like to fight?"

"hm....both?"

"The greenskins like to fight because it is fun. Nothing more, nothing less. I fight, because I have things I want to do. As I said,  I want to unite all the greenskin tribes, to fight against the human races who persecute us, and the new, terrifying power thats rising, that seeks to dominate all life under its banner."

"A new power? what do you mean?"

"A creature in the thinly veiled disguise of a human, that which controls the shadows and feasts on the blood of the living, the Sanguine, one of them, perhaps the most powerful, has established a great empire of nothing but his kind and AI slaves, and wages war with one the 4 great powers, and is winning. If they have their way, all life will be reduced to slave and cattle"

"How do you know this?"

"Will you keep this a secret if I tell you?"

"Since we have bonded, the only one I can talk to is you."

"I see, well, I know this because I am that Sanguine's first subordinate"

"But how? Haven't you been on this planet your entire life?"

"Indeed, but only in this body, my original body is that of a Sanguine, where I go by a different name"

"So then, arent you betraying your master?"

"No, because this is his order"

"But that doesn't make any sense"

"In time, it will, or I will explain it, but for now, we have a chieftain to beat"

"ok..."

The cub seems put down by me not answering anymore of its questions, but I have things I must do. I continue trekking until I arrive at the entrance of another village which looks almost exactly like my own. I walk up to a gate and a guard tells me to stop, and proceeds to question me.

"Halt, who are you and what are you doing here?

"I am Gutzhakka, son of Gore Tribes chieftain, Spinerippah, I have come to invoke the second trial of chiefdom, and challenge your chief."

"the boss gunna krump ya, little git, 100 credits on the boss!"

"Ya cant bet on the boss remember? No one bets against him!"

The guards have a quick banter amongst themselves. 

"Oi, I'll bet everything I got on myself, how bout that? I got 5 thousand  credits"

The guards get a grin on their faces and let me in. I walk to the fighting pit and yell out 

"Come out here Fleshterrah (Prounounced flesh tear-uh)lets fight ya git, unless youre too scared to!"

A roar is heard inside the chiefs longhouse and the door is busted down, the chief too enraged and excited to even open it properly. 

"OIIII HAHAHA, A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!!! COME ON DEN LETS FIGHT!!!"

No words were said after that, for that was the declaration of fighting itself. He bullrushes me, not even bothering to take any weapons, guess hes going barehanded, so I will too, in the name of fairness of course, even though hes twice my size."

He levels his head, attempting to headbutt me, noting that I would immediately die if i took that head on, I got closer to him, pretending to rush him as well, but when we almost made contact I dipped low, and grabbed knee with all my strength, causing him to fall flat on his face. As he gets up I start stomping on the back of his head, but on one of my stomps he suddenly jumps up, causing me to land on my back. He towers over me, chuckling.

"My turn runt"

He attempts to put his foot in my brain, but i roll to the side, getting up and striking him in the chest, obviously doing almost nothing to him, my size only half of his. If I dont do something drastic hes gunna end up killing me soon, I may have bet all my savings too quickly. And so, remembering a movie I watched long ago, drastic times call for drastic measures. As he swings at me, I move behind him quickly, and jump up on his back. I grab him by his tusk, trying my best to break them off, I hear and see cracks appearing in them. However, Fleshterrah hits his back against the wall of the longhouse, causing my hp to go down my hp to go down by a quarter. Fuck this boss and his insane stats. I may be challenging him too early for my level but still, I need to quickly become chief, so that I may begin uniting the greenskins. 

After a few seconds of hard effort I snap his tusk off and plunge them into his eyes, causing him to writhe in agony, making me go flying like I was riding a bull that bucked me off. When I stand back up, his hands are still covering his eyes in pain, I walk up to him quickly, and stabbed the tusks into each of his sides, avoiding his ribs and piercing his soft, squishy organs, causing Fleshterrah to roar in pain once more, he tries to punch me, or where I was at anyway, and ends up driving the tusks even further inside himself. At this point, I'm sure whatever organs orks have in the abdomen are now completely ruined, popped and torn like a balloon, Im surprised He hasnt died yet, but considering hes a thirteen foot tall hulking mass of muscle and hatred, it really shouldnt be. Looks like it'll have to be the heart or brain I'll need to destroy to kill him, and considering that hes an ork, it'll need to be the heart. While hes still blindly flailing around, I go back up close to him, and try to grab both of the tusks, barely succeeding. I then put both tusks in one hand, and use the other to support it, and jump up, plunging the tusks into his chest, shattering his ribs and piercing his heart. He gasps, and blood comes out his mouth, and he tips over backwards. He tries to say something, so I lean over to hear it.

"That was...the best fight...of me life...thank you...runt..."

With that, he dies. I raise both arms in the air, and let out my victory roar. 

"I, GUTZHAKKA OF TRIBE GORE, SON OF SPINERIPPAH, BEAT YOUR CHIEF, FLESHTERRAH, IN COMBAT!!!. YOU ARE NOW OF THE GORE TRIBE! FOR THE WAAAGHHHHHHH!"

""'FOR THE WAAAAAGHHHH"

For greenskins, losing their chief isnt really a big deal, changes happen all the time. Following ork tradition, I tear out Fleshterrahs heart, and eat it. I feel my strength, endurance, and HP go up. The cub looks at me questioningly.

"Why did you eat his heart?"

"It is ork tradition to eat the heart of a chieftain after slaying him, it is respect for the dead, utilizing their strength, so that they may never truly die"

I call out to the tribe

"AND DONT FORGET MY EARNINGS, YOU DIDNT FORGET ABOUT THE BET DID YA!?"

I hear the groans and moans of the tribe as they all fork over five thousand. With this, I have enough for a small starship, but I wont be needing one for a while, and neither will the tribe, I know just the place for getting free starships. But for now, we go back to the tribe. 

When we get back, cheers are heard from my tribe as I bring back new members. I report to the chief.

"Chief, As you have heard, I have killed the chief in single combat, I have brought back the new tribe members."

"Good, now, you only need to complete the last rite."

"And what would that be?"

"You must now succeed me, and become the chief of this tribe, the same way you became the chief of Fleshterrahs tribe."

"I must...kill you?"

"Yes."

"Then chief, I, Gutzhakka of Tribe Gore, challenge Spinerippah of tribe Gore, to single combat"

"I, Spinerippah, chief of Tribe Gore, accept this challenge. Let us go, my son."

We walk into the fighting pit, the tribe already there as if they knew we were coming. I grab my greataxe, and chief grabs his hammer. We get into fighting positions, and I charge. I swing my axe in a flurry, activating my Berserk ability. I get a few hits in, but for the most part he blocks them. When he blocks one of my strikes, he goes on the offensive, making me block all his attacks. My healthy has barely regenerated since my fight with Fleshrippah, so I'm still at about 75% HP. I trip him up a bit by using the handle side to poke and prod him occasionally, and one time it works, catching him in the shoulder and messing up his strike, allowing me to go back to attacking. I manage to get more hits in than last time, and this time, I trip him, literally. Using the shaft again, I hit behind his knees causing him to crumple. I point my axe to his throat.

"You have lost chief."

"Wrong, you have won, chief. Thank you Son"

I kill him, and eat his heart, once again my strength, endurance, and hp go up, but this time so does my wisdom for some reason. I address the tribe after they get done cheering

"GORE TRIBE, I AM NOW YOUR CHIEF, AND MY FIRST ACT AS CHIEF, IS TO UNITE THE TRIBES OF THIS PLANET! PREPARE FOR THAT! CRAFTSMEN, PREPARE WEAPONS, WARRIORS, TRAIN, SNOTLINGS, RAISE NEW MEMBERS, ALL OF YOU HAVE A PART! AND FROM NOW ON, WE ARE NO LONGER TRIBE GORE, WE ARE TRIBE URLAKK! NAMED AFTER ONE OF THE GREATEST ORKS! NOW, LETS WAAAGHHHHHH!

""'WAAAAGHHHHHH"""

I bring the chiefs body inside the long house, and I speak to the cub

"Eat"

The cub looks at me strangely

"Shouldnt you eat him? He is your father and the chief."

"You are a cub, you need strength more than I do. eat."

"Ok."

The cubs eats, and the more it eats, the bigger it grows, until it went from the size of my palm all the way up to my knees, 2 feet tall. Man, Maybe I should have fed the other chief to it. 

"Now what?"

"First, what are you?"

"You know what I am, Im a Shadow Stalker.

"What i meant was, are you a boy or a girl?"

"I'm a girl."

"You have a name?"

"Not yet, You havent given me one."

"I see, do you have a name in mind?"

"No"

"Damn you, making this difficult for me. Fine then, your name is Artemis"

"Artemis?"

"Aye, a god of hunting."

"I like it."

"Good, now, after this, we can focus on uniting the greenskin tribes."

0