Chapter 3
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

June 12 ****

12 noon

Sean Valencia the name of the man he saw inside that abandoned building, a cold handsome young man with a short tempered attitude, a new person he would like to tease until it decided to talk.

Akira has been talking to this mute young man for over three hours, yes three hours and up until now his not saying even a single word rather than "Shut up" and "noisy" well at least he talk one word every one hour, at the first hour Sean will say one word "shut up", for the second house he'll say one word "noisy" and within three hours he'll only say one word "get lost", Akira roll his eyes after realizing that this man don't want to talk to him.

"Are you a mute?" He asked with annoyance then sat beside the young man, while Sean is busy reading a  book entitled (1) "Biag ni Lam-ang" accompanied by yellow cover with a man wearing a traditional Filipino clothes used by the (2)Igorots, Akira frown when he saw the title trying to read but end up failing, he pout and never intend to make any noise.

The hell what was that? "Biag ni Lamang"? What kind of title is that? What kind of story is that to the point that Sean ignoring his whole being, is that book more interesting than what his talking? Akira was busy arguing to his self and busy to kill the book inside his mind, Sean notice that Akira has been quite for some time, he look at him and shake his head then sigh.

"Finished?" He asked Akira that was now sulking, when Akira heard the man talking to him he looked at Sean frowning and throwing a tantrum, once again Sean sigh and look at the young man suppressing his anger.

"Are you mad?" He asked again 

"No" Answered Akira then fold his arm in front of his chest.

"Sulking" Sean asked in confusion, trying to figure out what is running inside Akira's head, his trying to know and learn what is happening to Akira, but then he received another "No" from him, and without a word he stand-up and walk, before he can leave Akira grab his wrist.

"Don't you have any sweetness on your body?" Akira asked in annoyance but Sean answered him with "Sorry I don't like sweet"... Akira almost swear inside his head when he heard this sarcastic answer.

"Don't you know how to treat someone with care?" Akira asked again in disbelief, then look at Sean whose more confused unsure of what he should answer on Akira's question, as if it was the hardest questions he ever encountered.

Sean is a cold and quiet person, he doesn't like to talk nor to understand what people emotions are, he don't even want to be close with someone else, he's used to being alone, he's used to be only by himself reading a book he finds interest, but everything he saw from this foreign young man pick his interest as if his the greatest book he'd never known, a rare kind of book that only comes in a rare situations.

"Should I know how to take care a person?" He asked without emotions as if there's nothing important about knowing and caring for a person, his more interested in seeing different reactions from Akira.

Akira look at him in disbelief "Don't you have any emotions rather than being cold, rude and emotionless?" Akira asked then massage his temple, his having a head ache.

(3)"Oya oya… manekin to hanasu no wa muzukashī… oya oya" Akira said in a problematic tone while Sean was already annoyed "let go" he said but Akira doesn't have a plan to let him go he even tried to pull his hand but Akira won't budge he maybe like a woman but in the end his still a man.

Akira: "Can you come with me?" 

Sean answered while his right eyebrow is raised : "Where?"

Akira sigh heavily that makes Sean frown in confusion waiting to Akira to continue his sentence "I want to visit someone.... in the hospital" Akira answered in seriousness, Sean look at him in shock and curiosity, thinking whom Akira wants to meet in hospital? But Sean is still Sean he never tell anyone what's on his mind he never tell anyone whatever he's thinking, he immediately erase the shock and curiosity in his face and change it to an emotionless appearance.

Akira looks at Sean whose silent, then he felt disappointed when he saw this emotionless face, no reaction, he didn't see even a bit of curiosity on Sean's face, as if his a robot that only program with three emotions , the emotionless, coldness, and rudeness.

Akira wants to see every reactions that this man has, besides having emotionless face, being cold and sarcastic and lastly his rude attitude, what is he hiding? What makes him like this? What happened to him to the point of being ignorant in understanding other people's emotion's? Is he really a robot?

"So let's go?" Akira asked hesitantly, waiting patiently to the young man's answer, praying that this man will agree to come with him "Don't worry we're just going to visit for a short time... I- I just want to ask some important questions..." He continued while looking at Sean in a pleading look, hoping that at least he looks like  pitiful to the point that Sean won't decline his request.

Sean look at him emotionless, he can't guess what is inside his head, he don't know if he will accept or refuse his request, he didn't even dare repeat his word, first his lazy to do so, second it's hard to talk to a person who doesn't show any emotions and lastly his afraid of rejection, never in his life been rejected, everything that he wants, he would get it quickly without having an explanation, without having waiting for approval, he's used to do whatever he wants, he's used to decide for himself, in short he's used to be free without thinking others opinion, without waiting others agreement.

"No" a straight rejection came from Sean's mouth, Akira look at him shock then lower his head in disappointment, "I thought he'll agree... I thought he would come with me" he whispered to his self, after a second he look at the emotionless face of the man standing in front of him and smile bitterly "Ahh... Well then... See you" he answered then let go Sean "You should go, I'll just stay here for a moment then I'll head to the hospital" he continued then wave his hand, Sean look at him for a moment then walk away without any intention to look back.

"Haysss... Why his so..." Akira didn't continue his word instead he lean his self in the long wooden bench while closing his eyes intently, trying to erase the emotionless face he saw from Sean.

Is this the feeling of being rejected for the first time? he clench his fist in front of his chest, for the first time he felt the pain of being rejected, for the first time he felt this disturbing feeling as if he lose on a fight that in the first place he's the one who started it...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

June 12 ****

4:00 pm

Akira decided to visit the hospital after his 3 hours class, disappointed because of Sean's rejection, but then he could do nothing but continue with his plan, well he can do his plan even if Sean would not come along with him, and one more thing Sean doesn't have the ability to help him but then Akira still hoped that he will come along and help him, he pout when he remembered how Sean rejected him with the straight "No" answer and because of annoyance he angrily kick a can of coca-cola blocking the road near the gate of his school, the can rolled onto the road, he looked at the can rolling he sneered when the can stop in the middle of the road.

"Tsk... " He click his tongue in disappointment, because his kick was too weak, he want to kick the can again until it rolled into the other side but then he also know that it's dangerous because the can is in the middle of the road and there are so many passing vehicles with different sizes, some are cars, (4)tricycle, (5)jeep truck with four wheel and a bus.

He just continued walking and ignored the can in the middle of the road, if the cars rolled over the can, it will just crushed and nothing dangerous will happen, Akira took his phone on his pocket and stop for a while to look at the message he just received, he stayed at the side of the road where his safe from passersby and vehicles, when he open the message he suddenly smile because of the good news he received, the message says what hospital where he needs to come and what room number he needs to visit, also according to the message he also needs an identity to have the right to visit the person in the hospital, Akira returned his cellphone to his uniforms pocket without replying back.

Instead he continue walking until he saw the sign "loading and unloading" he stop in front of the sign and wait for vehicle to ride, some driver offered him to ride on their tricycle asking him (6)"Sakay?" Then wave their hand inviting him a ride but Akira shae his head and smile to reject their offer in a polite way, speaking of rejection, Akira remembered again how Sean rejected him in a rude way, he again felt annoyed and irritate while looking at his front, at least he knows how to reject someone in a polite way better that that cold and yet handsome man that only knows to be rude and never know how to smile.

Suddenly their a jeep stopped in front of him, he looked inside the jeep and he saw five passengers sitting in bother side of the jeeps chair, he immediately enter and sit at the back of the driver so that he can easily talk to the driver, he took his wallet on his back took a ₱20 coin and give it the driver, while saying his destination the driver nod his head and give him ₱5 change, Akira took the money and keep it on his wallet.

He lean his back and look at his school, hoping that he can see Sean from the distance but to his disappointment he didn't see him, instead he saw other students, some are familiar and some are not, he roamed his sight to the five passenger inside the jeep, there are two students that came from other school, one man wearing a simple shir, maong shorts and a simple slides/slippers, and the last two passenger which is Akira thinks that they are related, a seven year old elementary students hugging his blue backpack and his mother hugging the students while holding a basket of fruit's.

(7)"Mama... Kailangan ba talaga nating bisitahin si Jake?" A child asked to his mother.

Akira frown when he heard a familiar name came from the child's mouth, he tried to dig his memory to remember where did he heard that name, then he remember a news flash from (8)GMA7 about the accident of a student named Jake, he immediately look at the mother and son whose silently talking to each other while Akira tried to listen to their conversation, he heard the sad voice of the woman trying to convince her child to be a good boy.

"But Ma... His a bully" the child said in conviction as if the child don't want to see and visit this Jake because of being a bully, he's trying to persuade his mother not to go and visit his classmates in the hospital, he really don't like his classmates named Jake  it seems like he really don't like this Jake, "He deserves what happened to him" he continued without feeling any pity for his classmates, when his mother heard those word from his son, she looked at him in shock and in disbelief.

"Mikee..." She called her son in a low anger tone enough to make his son to be surprise and nervous, he fell silent and bit his lower lips realizing how bad what he just said. (9)"Kahit gaano kasama ang isang tao, wala tayong katapatan na husgahan sila... Remember this Mike we're both human and we're both have the same right to leave" Her mother said lecturing his son about human rights.

When Akira heard it he sigh and nod his head because he understands what the mother said in his last sentence, though he don't understand the first sentence which is Tagalog but still he knows that, whatever the mother said to child is her way to lecture her son to stop being judgemental on his classmates.

In a few moments the jeep stopped on their destination, Akira saw the Mother and son get off from the jeep So Akira followed them, until they both came at the glass door of the hospital Akira almost bump into the child luckily, the mother pull his son to her side and look at Akira in an apologetic face, Akira nod his head and smile saying "it's fine... Take care" in a polite way, he wait for five minutes at the couch place at the waiting area on the first floor near the stairs, and when he saw the Mother and son leave he immediately took the chance to go upstairs to visit an elementary student name Jake, the door is open and no one is inside the room, he can't hear anything except for the curtain blowing by the wind, he peek from the door and he saw the young boy sitting while hugging his self as if he's scared of something, Akira looked at the both side of the hallway to see if someone is coming and when he's sure that there's no one, he slowly walk inside the room, the Young boy look at him in shock with a confused look thinking if he knows this beautiful young man who just entered his room.

"Ahh hello" Akira said awkwardly while waving his hand, the young boy just look at him while his guards up, he don't know this young man that's why he move a little afraid that this young man will hurt him.

It's been a week when he was confined in this hospital, the doctor said that he's getting better but he know more than anyone that he's not.

His been having a nightmare about that night incident, he's been seeing the same face every night in his dream and also he's been hearing the same word every night in his dream, as of reminding him that there's someone waiting from him, someone wants him, his afraid that someone's going to kill him and that someone's is the same as the man he saw that night and then he saw this beautiful man standing far from him like his been examining his whole.

"Why are you here?" He asked in an afraid tone, Akira stop and sigh, he saw how scared the child is that's why he didn't dare to walk instead he stop and give him an assuring smile that he's not a bad guy and he's just here to visit him and of course to ask him what happened to him.

"I... I just want to ask you something... Can I?" He asked for approval and looked at the pale face of the young child.

"Why? Are you here because you want to see how miserable I am" the child said bitterly, there's are so many classmates who visited him and almost his classmates visit him because they were force, it was against their will to visit him, maybe this beautiful man visit him because his brother or sister don't want to see him or maybe this young man visited him to threaten him and saying that he deserves what happened to him, thinking that he slowly cried silently while bitterly thinking what his classmates told him when they visited him.

(10)"Salbahe ka kasi"

"You deserve this... (11)Mag bago ka na"

(12)"Siguro isa sa mga kaaway mo ang nag dasal na mangyari sayo yan... Buti nga"

This are some words he received from his classmates, while their mother and father talking to his parents saying kind and good words opposite of what his classmates saying to him, he covered his face and continue crying while sobbing, Akira panicked when the child started crying, he immediately come to the side the crying young boy trying to calm him down.

"Hey... I'm not... I'm just here to visit you and also help you" the young boy stop crying and look at him "Help me? For what?... I don't need help... I do t need anyone... Just leave" he said and shake his head tears still streaming down his eyes, Akira took his hand and pinch it carefully "Akira..." He started to introduce his self, the young boy stop pushing him and look at him with a confused look, his so confused on what the young man said to him out of the blue, Akira smile when he saw that the young boy was calmed then he continued "Akira Takahashi is my name and you are?" He asked and gave the child a sweet smile to tell him that his not a bad guy, that his not like his classmates who talks to him badly.

__________________________________

(1) "Biag ni Lam-ang" - BIAG NI LAM-ANG (Life of Lam-ang) is a pre-Hispanic epic poem of the Ilocano people of the Philippines. The story was handed down orally for generations before it was written down around 1640 assumedly by a blind Ilokano bard named Pedro Bucaneg.

For more information here's the link https://www.tagaloglang.com/biag-ni-lam-ang-buod/

(2) Igorots - Igorot, (Tagalog: “Mountaineer”) any of various ethnic groups in the mountains of northern Luzon, Philippines, all of whom keep, or have kept until recently, their traditional religion and way of life. ... The Igorot peoples are Austronesians. They were known in earlier days for their wars and practice of headhunting.

(3)"Oya oya… manekin to hanasu no wa muzukashī… oya oya" - this means "oh gosh oh gosh it's hard to talk to a manikin oh gosh oh gosh" 

(4) Tricycle - Motorized tricycles, or simply tricycles (Filipino: traysikel; Cebuano: traysikol), is a type of motorized vehicle from the Philippines consisting of a motorcycle attached to a passenger cab. Along with the jeepney, it is one of the most common means of public or private transportation in the Philippines, especially in rural areas. These public utility vehicles either ply a set route or are for-hire, like taxis.

(5) Jeep- Jeepneys are the poor-man's transport in the Philippines, from Batanes to the National Capital Region (Manila) and down to Davao City, in Mindanao. ... Jeepneys began plying the streets of Manila after World War II, when U.S. soldiers left thousands of unserviceable jeeps

(6)"Sakay?"- Driver said this to offer a ride to the passersby, they sometimes said this to get the attention of the people, so they will ride with them this means like "want a ride?"

(7) "Mama... Kailangan ba talaga nating bisitahin si Jake?" - "Mom ... Do we really need to visit Jake" (English)

(8) GMA7 - GMA Network is a Filipino free-to-air television and radio network. It is the flagship property of publicly traded GMA Network, Inc. Its first broadcast on television was on October 29, 1961. GMA Network is commonly referred to as the Kapuso Network in reference to the outline of the company's logo

(9) "Kahit gaano kasama ang isang tao, wala tayong katapatan na husgahan sila... - No matter how bad a person is, we have no sincerity to judge them (English)

(10) "Salbahe ka kasi" - because you're bad (English)

(11) Mag bago ka na - Change your self (English)

(12) "Siguro isa sa mga kaaway mo ang nag dasal na mangyari sayo yan... Buti nga" - Maybe one of your enemies is praying for this to happen to you ... You deserve it (English)

Here's the new update you can visit my Wattpad account to see the images I posted (@mariposa_V) see you on my next update you're free to comment your thoughts about this chapter Thank you

0