Chapter 11 – Family and Fireworks
133 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nerdcam Part 11

So... Wanna fool around, or wait 'til everyone's asleep?” Anna asked. After a moment's thought, she added, “I'd feel bad if we kept him up, since he has to get up in the morning and travel again.”

Novelty aside, is your heart set on fucking in my old room?” Jack asked.

I mean... Novelty aside, it doesn't really look like your room any more. Did you- You're not gonna say 'let's fuck in the kitchen,' are you?”

Instead of answering, Jack posed another question.

Did you notice that the cellar door has a bolt on both sides?”

Um...”

The workshop part is under the den, so we'd be further from the bedrooms. And that table – the legs are bolted to the floor.”

Anna frowned.

What, were you scoping out places to fuck all day?”

No, I was just thinking about it earlier while we were sitting around.” he shrugged.

Huh.”

And the floor is cement, so it's not gonna be all creaky if you walk on it. Or bounce up and down on it.”

Anna gave him the arched eyebrow.

You wanna bounce up and down on cement?”

He stepped up to her, leaned down, and gently bore her back onto the bed.

Nooo...” he began to answer before dipping for a kiss.

Mm. Then-”

I was thinking that if we put a comforter on the table,” he shifted to kiss the corner of her jaw, “and, hypothetically, 'bounced up and down' on it...” he nipped her ear lobe.

Oh. Yeah, that might-”

He left off sucking at a spot alongside her throat to add, “Then the only noise concern would be, mm, finding something to put in your mouth.”

Tss.” she tapped him lightly on the back of the head. “Mm, not like you've ever had any trouble with that.”

Jack lifted himself on his elbows.

I've been meaning to mention, this dress looks amazing on you.”

Thanks. Hey, now that we're alone and I don't have to worry about it, you wanna, uh,” she got a silly smile, “unleash the beast?”

Jack had a slow moment.

Well, if you really can't wait-” he started to roll over and reach for his fly.

No, goofball,” she corrected, “I meant mine. This dress is a little bit see-through-”

I noticed that.”

Yeah, so I wanted to make sure my tuck was good. I had a couple of these new-fangled patch things, and I figured now was a good time to try one. Works good – not as comfy as just extra underwear, but holds better without being like... duck tape.”

At the mention of duck tape, Jack looked momentarily aghast.

Well, now I'm curious.” Jack commented, sliding off the bed to crouch before her.

Don't band-aid it all at once, and you should be fine.” she advised, hitching the dress up and wiggling while working her panties down over her hips and ass to reveal the article in question.

Jack slipped her panties the rest of the way off, then surveyed the 'new-fangled patch thing.' Easing one hand between her thighs, he found that it felt a bit like a moleskin patch – dense, semi-flexible, soft outer layer. Anna spread her legs and cleared her throat, reminding Jack what he was supposed to be doing.

It really is like a patch, huh? Like a big, crotch shaped patch.” he observed as he began working at an upper corner with a fingertip.

Aw, you're worried about hurting me, huh?” she teased as he very slowly peeled the material back. “It's not sticky down the center, so...”

Ahh,” Jack nodded as his efforts began to reveal her soft shaft . “Oh good. I'd hate to hurt myself doing something like this, but pain is one thing. I'd feel way worse if I managed to hurt you.”

Anna sniffed in amusement, but agreed while reaching a hand down to ruffle his hair, “I tease, but tucking – or untucking – is definitely a better safe than sorry kind of activity.”

She gave a long 'mmmm' as he gently lifted her cock from it's tucked back position, shifting a bit and feeling the slightly odd sensation – sometimes experienced after good sex – of her balls descending again.

Mm, freedom.” She smiled. “Thanks. That's better.”

Jack nuzzled in for a moment, planting a light kiss on her soft, foreskin covered tip. He then rose to stand with the patch held up uncertainly, stuck to the fingers of his right hand.

Uh. Is this like, reusable?”

Maybe? But I don't see myself using one again for a while, so... just roll it up before you put it in the trash, I guess?”

Gotcha.”

He saw to that, then returned and stood regarding Anna where she still lay on the bed.

Anything you wanted to do while we wait for them to fall asleep, or are you good just laying there with your dress up, all balls-out?”

She raised her head just enough to look at him.

I mean...” she let her head drop again.

You know me – I'm not complaining. Although,” he moved to sit down on the bed next to her, “I have this funny feeling that if I were laying around like that, somebody might poke fun at me.”

Anna raised an arm as if volunteering to answer a question in school.

Me. I would. Probably compare you to Homer Simpson or something. Oh, actually, there is something.”

She scooted across the bed to reach over the edge to where she had left her luggage. Shortly, she moved back to the middle of the bed and sat up with a black zippered case in her lap. It was about half the size of a normal laptop case. Jack watched curiously while she took her time unzipping it and having a look inside.

Finally, without saying anything, she held it out to him.

This isn't gonna be like the end of Raiders, is it?” he asked, accepting the case.

We'll see.” Anna replied evenly.

Several days earlier...

Okay... What now?”

Anna stood at the stove in Jack's apartment, hand towel draped over a shoulder, tongs in one hand, a pot lid in the other. Jack stood behind her, peaking over or around her from time to time.

Now we say the magic words.”

Anna twisted a bit to give him a look.

Which magic words?”

Klaatu Barada... Something or other.” Jack supplied theatrically.

Uh huh. You're helping me make pot stickers, not save- Wait, are you referencing The Day The Earth Stood Still, or the Evil Dead movies, or...?”

Jack smiled to himself.

It warms my heart that you came up with both, but... Lemme have a look.” He stepped around her and incautiously shifted one of the Chinese style dumplings, then sucked his finger for a moment. “Mmp. Yeah, time to pour in that water we measured and put the lid on for a few minutes.”

Anna tsked.

We have tongs so that doesn't happen.” she pointed out, setting down the tool in question to pour in the water.

While she did, Jack moved around behind her again. Pressing in close, he curled his arms around her.

Yeah, but I like it when your hands are full.” he teased, tipping his head down to kiss her neck.

Mmm.”

She placed the lid over the pan, then reached a hand up and back to the back of his head and, rolling her own head to the side, stole a kiss.

Okay, how long is a few minutes?” she asked when they broke the kiss.

Exactly three, actually.”

Oh,” Anna noted the time on the digital clock face between the dials on the stove. “Guess I shouldn't start doing something else and get distracted then.”

Yeah. You've really been on a streak of not burning things lately, so-”

Watch it, Nerd. The tongs are still right here.” she returned in a menacing tone, lifting them and snapping them a few times in his general direction.

This is no time to get freaky, Sweetcheeks.” Jack kept up the comical rejoinders as he gave her a squeeze, then stepped back to sit down at the table.

Anna shook her head, smiling.

Y'know, sometimes you really are a stereotypical guy. A little more clever than most, but-”

Well, as long as we don't lose sight of that important distinction.”

And by clever, I mean smartass.”

Yes dear.” He monotoned, erasing and re-sketching part of a panel on a proof for his webcomic.

Ew.” Anna made a face.

She pulled a couple beers from the fridge, setting one on the table for him. Opening her own, she took a pull while lingering to watch him sketch. After a time, Jack reached for the beer, clearing his throat loudly as he did. Anna blinked.

What, don't want me wa- Oh!”

Jack smiled to himself while she turned to check on the potstickers.

Pulling the lid, she checked that nothing was burning yet.

Um,” she took up the tongs, looked at the beer in her other hand, had a drink, then set the bottle down. “What now?”

You just turn them over and watch them 'til they're nicely browned and every so slightly crispy on both sides.”

So I'm just gonna keep cooking them? Tsss. And I was worried-”

Yeah, but if you left the lid on, they'd keep steaming. Then they'd end up too soft, instead of nicely browned and, uh-”

Ever so slightly crispy?” Anna quoted sardonically.

Right.”

Alright, Rain Man.”

You'd bring dishonor on our house.” Jack added.

Anna smirked at his dire tone. She hunted up a dish, lined it with a paper towel, and, when they were nicely browned and ever so slightly crispy, began transferring the dumplings out of the pan.

Want a hand? I could get the-”

Nope. Sit. I got it.” she insisted.

She plated fried rice and what she called 'zingy' cucumber salad for each of them, then set the dish of pot stickers, along with a couple ramekins of sweet and spicy sauce, between them. Jack set aside his sketchpad and pencils and things.

Aaand some of those extra chopsticks you grabbed from the takeout place last time.” she handed him a pair before sitting down opposite him.

Preparation.” Jack affirmed before digging into the food.

The two ate in silence for a minute or so.

Mm, 's good.” Jack commented.

Anna smiled, finished a bite, and took a drink.

Thanks. It's always more meaningful when you talk with your mouth full.”

Jack nodded, shrugged, dabbed at his face with a napkin.

By the way, how's the work on the comic coming along?” she asked. “You've been working on it most of the day.”

He made a point of emptying his mouth before replying this time.

Not bad. Some ideas kind of fell into place, and, y'know, I'm always looking to get ahead on it a little bit. Not exactly a cash cow, so... It's good if I have some leeway to take on commissions or other projects.”

Anna nodded, helping herself to another dumpling.

Speaking of which...” He trailed off.

Hmm?”

When he met her eyes, but only smiled, she rolled said lovely eyes.

Don't be shitty.” she said when she had swallowed her bite of dumpling. “Speaking of which what?”

Well, this guy contacted me about doing some work. He does his own indie comic. Does a limited print run, of, like, actual physical mags, and then has a website. I guess he was looking around at people who already worked online. Doing comics, I mean.

He asked if I'd be interested in doing the art for an issue of his comic. Heh. The name is French. 'Outré.'”

Ooh. You're in demand now, huh? Kinda sexy. What's his comic about?”Anna asked.

Ah, well I guess that was part of why he was interested. It's like, episodic or whatever, and it's kinda like the twilight zone or one of those concepts – where it's mostly mundane, but there's one weird event or thing. And it plays out how that would affect everything else.

He read Sonder. Thought that with the semi realistic art style and all the practice with a sort of slice of life plot, I'd be a natural choice.”

So that's why you've been so busy.”

Yep. The pay wouldn't be much, not surprisingly, but he said he'd put a link to my site somewhere on his, and a blurb 'about the artist' in the back of the print mags, besides the usual artist credit. Like free advertising, so that's good. Asked me to do the art for an issue to be released early next year.”

Have you contacted him and said yes yet?”

We've been messaging back and forth about it, but I haven't given him a definite answer yet.”

I don't know, Nerd.” Anna said.

He stopped with a slice of cucumber halfway to his mouth.

You can't spare three minutes to get freaky while we wait for potstickers as it is.” She pointed out.

Jack gave a combination nod/shrug/eye roll, and went ahead and munched on his cucumber.

Anna swallowed a bite of dumpling, then put on her best dramatic soap opera starlet.

I have needs, Jack!” she had trouble keeping the smile off her face by the end of it, though.

You need a little Sean Connery treatment, by the sound.” Jack quipped.

They shared a laugh.

Anyway, I tried to be spontaneous and give you a quick handjob just yesterday.” Jack pointed out.

We were in public.” she pointedly pointed out in turn.

Yeah, but I made sure we were in the blind spot of the cameras.”

We were getting groceries.”

I know. The eggplants gave me the idea. And I had some tissues, so-”

Alright, alright, funny guy,” Anna waved him to silence, “Seriously, though, you should go for it, as long as you think it's not too much.”

Thanks Love.”

And if you actually get too busy and I feel neglected, I'll just start borrowing your hand at night.”

Hm. That works for m-”

I need to find a feather, so I can tickle your nose afterwards.” she added in a thoughtful tone.

That took a turn.”

Anna's evil smile made an appearance.

But um... There was actually more to it.” Jack said.

More?”

Well, the whole being busy, time crunch thing.”

Anna took a long swig of beer.

Well?” she nudged when he still hadn't elaborated. “What, does Nic Cage want you to help him steal a historical document or something?” she pressed.

No. Uh,” he took a breath, sighed, “You know how I said I'd talk to my parents? About visiting so you can meet them?”

Yeah.” she straightened a bit, suddenly losing all interest in the food.

They said we should visit for the fourth.”

Anna stared.

Of July.” he added slowly, catching her eye and raising his brow.

Yeah, I, yeah, the fourth. I just... I guess I forgot about visiting, so I forgot to be nervous about it. Until now.”

It's not like we're leaving tomorrow. I wanted to run it by you, check our schedules, see if we can actually swing it.”

Right.” Anna's eyes drifted, then snapped back. “The fourth is like, next week.”

That's true.” Jack agreed, spearing another slice of cucumber. He perked up then. “We can always tell them we can't make it. Short notice. Whatever. Think about working something out later.”

Anna gave him a look.

If we leave it up to you, it'll be years later.”

Jack looked about to say something, then just smiled and raised his hands in a gesture of surrender.

Anna was undecided for a second, then gave a little snort of amusement.

Always joking, but you really hate actually arguing about anything.” she observed.

Mm.”

Which is good...” her tone suggested that good was sometimes a poor substitute for satisfying. “Maybe we can schedule an argument while we're at it. Maybe middle of August when nothing's going on.”

Jack gave her the hairy eyeball.

I'm kidding. Mmmostly. I do feel like we might be missing out on make-up sex.”

Hmm.” Jack scratched his stubbled chin. “I think you've done it.”

What?”

Come up with a good reason to visit my folks.”

Such a whine-ass.”

A short time later, Jack was washing the dishes and handing them off for Anna to wipe dry and put away.

I'll talk to Mr. Lintz. I checked my phone for the day. It's a Thursday, so maybe I could just take a couple days off and make it a four day weekend.”

Yeah. Or you could volunteer to work Saturday and Sunday as a trade off. And then we'd have an excuse for not staying.” Jack suggested cheerfully.

Mm” Anna wasn't really listening. She wiped the same plate for the third time, staring off. “I should get some new shoes.”

Don't you have a whole shelf of-”

Those aren't meeting your in-laws for the first time shoes.” Anna informed him airily.

She then went on to explain the necessary qualities of footwear appropriate for such an occasion. Jack nodded, focussing on her face and letting her voice fade into a pleasant background noise. When she was quiet long enough that he guessed she had finished, he spoke up.

That's fine, sweetie. Just one thing.”

What?”

In a thousand years, anthropologists are going to wonder why somebody rubbed a hole in that plate.”

Huh?” Anna glanced down, realizing she was still wiping the same, by now very dry, plate, and laughed. “Oh, pfft. Okay, Nerd.”

*

Over the next several days, the two buckled down, in a manner of speaking. They still made time for each other, just not quite as much as usual. Jack spent more time working ahead on the comic and Anna spent a bit more time at work.

Not that she was worried about hours. When she broached the subject of taking time off for the holiday, Mr. Lintz had suggested a compromise. His explanation of the compromise had turned into something of a story. The short version was, he had an old friend named Burt who was a retired High School librarian. Since retiring, Burt had a lot of free time. And by Mr. Lintz's estimation, Burt was spending far too much of that free time griping to his friends about how bored he was and how nobody ever visited him, etc etc.

So Mr. Lintz hatched a plan to give Burt some part time work at Shelf Indulgence. Perfect work for a retired librarian. After Anna gave him a crash course, he should be overqualified to watch the place. The physical shop, anyway. Jerry would be around to help, and to run the online store, of course.

*

Wednesday evening saw the couple cruising along under patchy clouds, through intermittent rain, with Anna behind the wheel of her old Honda. Not the most auspicious start, but Google said the weather at their destination was supposed to be perfect the rest of the week.

On a whim, Jack found Anna's purse and dredged her phone from it's chthonic depths. A little more digging turned up a cable and charger plug. Taking just the cable and setting her purse aside, he connected her phone to the car's sound system.

Music?” Anna asked. “I've got some playlists on there, if you go to, um...”

Ah, I see.”

Among the playlists were a series labelled 'For Driving,' and numbered one through five. Jack queued up the first in the series. The sun had gone down, and it was just getting dark, on which Anna remarked.

Oh, nice timing. I put this in specifically for driving at night.”

Jack checked her phone out of curiosity as the silence on the track was broken by synth tones leading up to a sound which gave the unmistakable impression of the revving of an engine. The track was something called Sega Sunset by a band or person or possibly artificial intelligence called Lorn. By the end of it, he had to admit, listening to Sega Sunset felt like a movie montage of driving the freeway in the middle of the night. Nothing but the glint of reflectors on the road, or the on-off stripes of stark white light from overhead lamps.

That's like, a whole mood.” Jack commented.

Anna glanced over.

I like it.” he added.

Good. Me too.” She was quiet a moment, then, “Hey...”

What's up?”

Your family celebrating the Fourth – is that gonna be a big thing? Like, a lotta people?”

Jack noted a certain false nonchalance in her manner. He patted her thigh reassuringly.

I wouldn't worry about it. No more than a hundred or so, tops.”

A hun-” she looked over sharply, aghast for just a beat before she remembered who she was talking to. She rolled her head side to side, loosing a deep sigh.

Jack... Ass. Jackass.” she frowned. “How did I never put that together? I mean, I've used it, but-”

It's my name. Yeah. I wasn't gonna say anything.” Jack took up a long-suffering tone. “Aaand now I get to look forward to that for the rest of my life.”

Yeah, and knowing you, you're gonna hear it a lot.” Anna smirked. “But seriously, I don't even know how much family you have. You don't talk about them much. Except that uncle that's in prison.”

Jack shrugged.

I wouldn't expect much. We'll probably go into town for a bit tomorrow evening to watch the fireworks show the town puts on, but back at home... Might be a cookout type of thing. Neighbors. Dozen people, maybe.”

Oh.”

My brother might show up, but the rest of the family is,” he waved vaguely, “scattered across the Midwest. A cousin up in New Hampshire, I think.”

Wait, you said brother?”

Yeah. My brother, Frank.”

Anna looked over at him, then back at the road, then back to him.

Jack. What the fuck?” her tone wasn't angry, but definitely accusatory.

Um...”

You have a brother?”

Yeah, I-”

We've been together how long? How do I not know this?”

Uhh. I don't know. I-”

I mean, why haven't you told me?”

I did.”

She gave him a look. Affronted and disbelieving.

You did not.”

I did. Wh-”

You shit. You did not.” she insisted.

If you'll let me finish, Mudslide McDrunkface,” he said quickly, “It was at Nikki and Crystal's place, that time we all got wasted and Nikki got sick and fell asleep in the bathroom.”

Anna's indignant expression slowly shifted to one of doubtful thought.

I guess you were already pretty wasted by the time we started talking about family, and none of it made it into your long term memory.” Jack went on.

Anna frowned. Well, that would explain it. There had been a few of those parties and get-togethers where she had drunk enough that her recollection of them was spotty. Her frown became a sort of pout.

That's... Possible.” she allowed quietly.

Mm.”

And annoying.”

Yeah?”

You're not just messing with me?” she asked seriously.

About telling you, or about having a brother?”

She gave him a warning look, started to open her mouth to say something.

Okay, okay. No, I'm not just messing with you.”

Okay. But still. You never talk about him.”

Haven't seen him in a long time. We don't really talk. Not like,” he put on a scowl, “'Grr. We don't talk.' Just never kept in touch.”

Not big on keeping in touch, huh Nerd?” Anna observed.

Well. No. I mean-”

Nope.” Anna interrupted with some satisfaction.

Nope?”

You were gonna say something like 'I keep in touch with your ass,' right?”

Jack gazed through the wind shield, suppressing a smile.

Something like that. Except I would've made it sound manly, but also emotionally engaging.” he eventually replied, putting his hand back on her thigh and giving it another squeeze.

The next couple of hours consisted mostly of Anna interrogating Jack about his brother. After a string of questions to which he honestly answered 'I don't know,' Jack tactfully demanded a break.

Sorry, Love, but I couldn't tell you much about what he's been up to the past few years. If you wanna rattle of questions, I can write them down so you can grill him when we get there. If he shows.”

I'm not gonna grill anyone.” Anna sniffed. “I'm just curious.”

Oh, also, about the 'in-laws' thing...”

What 'in-laws thing'?”

Hmm. You know how your parents would probably be really happy if we got married – like, officially - but they're cool enough not to be obnoxious about it?”

Yeahhhh...”

Well... I can't promise my folks will be that... tactful.”

Oh. Mm... What if I told them I'm just using you for your penis and, uh, enthusiastic ass eating.” Anna trotted out her evil smile.

Heh. First, somewhat flattering, thanks. Second, it might be funny to see my mother try to pretend she didn't hear it. And... if you added 'swapping oral,' we could get to see my dad's head explode.”

Anna rolled her eyes, but smiled.

Yeah, I was gonna say... If they're too busy being stuck on the marriage thing to get stuck on the trans thing, I'll consider it a win.”

Ah. Yeah.” Jack's expression sobered and he sat, thoughtfully quiet.

After half a minute, Anna glanced over. “You have told them about me?”

Jack made a face.

No, woman for whom I bought a ring and made up deeply touching if slightly silly vows. I thought I would keep arguably the most important part of my life for the past several months a complete secret. I just told them I was coming alone. Figured you'd make a nice surprise.”

Well, we already established you don't keep in touch with people. And what do you mean, 'arguably' the most important?”

Jack gestured dismissively.

Just my OCD about nuance acting up. However perfect the significant other, a person needs their own stuff, too. Like art for me.”

Anna gave him a shrewd look, then nodded.

Yeah. I was mostly just messing with you, but it's good to know I'm the perfect significant other.”

Uh huh.”

Anyway,” Anna continued, “I actually kind of meant did you tell them about me being trans?”

Oh, that. I thought we could do one of those gender reveal things. Red fireworks for girl, blue for a boy. Then just set off both.”

Huh!” Anna feigned outrage, but as so often happened, it was undermined by a smile. “You...” She broke off, laughing, before finishing with, “Jackass.” I'm gonna get so much use out of that.”

Yes, I told them you're not like other girls.” Jack quipped, then gave a little sigh. “Probably shoulda run that by you, but... I thought it would be better to spare you having to tell them. You're already nervous about meeting them, and I know how they can be...”

Anna nodded slowly.

Yeah.” she agreed quietly.

Yeah, as in I shoulda run it by you, or-”

Both,” she tipped her head to one side and shrugged, “But I guess I'd rather that than you being embarrassed to tell anyone.”

Nah. You know me. I'd only be worried about whether or not you were okay with it.” He gave her thigh another squeeze. “If it had been anybody other than family...”

Anna dropped one hand from the wheel to take his and give it a squeeze in turn. She looked over, catching his eye.

We're good. You shoulda said something, but I'm glad you told them. I wouldn't wanna try to keep it a secret or something, buuut, it'd be super fuckin' weird for me – telling your parents. Especially the first time meeting them.”

I think they're kinda weird about it, like... The stereotypical old people not knowing how to process something new or different. Not that they're bigots. They'll pretend they're not weirded out by it, and probably just avoid the subject. Hopefully. Mom's good at that. Dad has no tact, but he also doesn't give a shit about much. I'm sure after they've gotten to know you a little, they'll get used to the idea.

Although... There's no reason you'd ever meet most of them, but the rest of my family will probably hear about you. They like their gossip. And like, again, it wouldn't be malicious, but... One of the boys being with a trans babe is pretty juicy gossip for my sheltered, normie family.”

Wow,” Anna mused quietly when he paused, “Look at you being all serious. And talkative.”

Uh huh. Honestly, my mother will probably be more stuck on how hot you are. And maybe the tattoos. And it'll boggle Dad's lizard brain if he finds out you're actually a nerd.”

What about your brother?” Anna asked, her tone suggestive.

Uh... I'm gonna assume you're teasing, and not suggesting some depraved West Virginia shit.”

Ew. Yes, I was teasing. Jeez.” she gave a theatrical, full body shudder. “Good to know you're not into that, with all your weird fetishes.”

We've been over that,” Jack laughed, “I'm an ass man – if that's even a fetish. And you... You like spanking and-”

I don't think we need to press the subject.” Anna interrupted, speaking quickly.

Uh... I won that one? That seemed a little too easy.”

Uhmm,” Anna cleared her throat, “I just remembered something.”

Jack let the silence draw out for several seconds. Anna had the look of somebody with something potentially embarrassing to say.

Aaaand?” he posed finally.

A package arrived while we were packing. I brought it with us. And, it's, uh, sort of a new toy.”

You mean an intimate toy,” Jack observed. “For you, or me, or...?”

Um. Me. Or both of us could, uh, could use it. Them. Whatever. Or maybe neither. It makes me a little nervous, and I'm already nervous about your family, so... Could we leave it for later?”

Jack whistled appreciatively.

Now I'm intrigued. But yeah. When you think you wanna give it a try, let me know. Wouldn't wanna miss it.” He leaned over close and stole a kiss when she turned to look.

Think I'm gonna do some reading if you're good to drive for a while.”

Yeah, I'm good.”

Alright sexy. Lemme know.”

*

It was late when Jack entered the Red Oak Housing development. He slowed to a crawl, letting the little Honda ease itself over the speed bumps. Between checking street signs and navigating through the maze of too-similar homes, he looked over to watch the bands of light from the street lights wash like waves over Anna's sleeping form. As the light washed over her, that old feeling of surrealness washed over Jack. For just a little while, he felt that he might be in a movie or a dream, and that if he just kept driving, this strange, perfect peace might never end. And that would be alright.

Recognizing the old block – a little bit different than it used to be, but familiar still – he felt that dreamlike quality evaporating, and a vague mournful feeling that it had to end. There wasn't another soul on the quiet streets at this hour anyway, so instead of just slowing, he stopped before turning into his old driveway. Shifting into park, he popped his seatbelt, leaned across and gently brushed hair back from her forehead to plant a kiss there.

Maybe there was just a little dream magic lingering, Jack mused to himself when Anna stirred and blinked open those deep, dark eyes, like something out of a black and white romance picture. He was still just staring when she finished yawning, gave him a curious look, and asked what was going on.

We're here.” Jack said softly. “Was about to pull in, but I thought you might like to wake up a little first.”

Oh.” she sat up, rubbed her face, and fussed with her hair.

Lights are still on, so I guess they waited up.” he observed.

Mm. Great.” With her nerves flaring up despite still being half asleep, she gave Jack a forlorn look. “Wanna fuck real quick?”

Aw, poor thing.” Jack laughed. “Just act dopey, and I'll tell them you were sleeping. And we're both very tired.”

Won't have to act.” Anna mumbled, hunting up a bottle of water.

Jack put the car back in gear and rolled up the driveway to park behind his old man's old pickup. Slightly reluctant, they both took their time getting out and retrieving their luggage from the trunk. Anna insisted on carrying her own, just to give her something to do with her hands. As they reached the front step, the door opened and Jack's father leaned out, a beer in one hand.

You made it. Need a hand with that?”

Anna's first impression of the man was of a stereotypical suburban retiree, if there is such a thing. A sub-type, perhaps. Solidly built, glasses, balding. Dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up from the forearms, old watch with a metal link band, beige Dickies, and loafers. Spoke just a little louder than was really necessary. Bore a faint hint of Aqua Velva along with the beer.

Nah, thanks, we got it.” Jack answered, going in ahead of Anna, with the thought of buffering her from his mother in mind.

Well, get in here. Your mother's been going on about how worried she is. I told her you'd be fine, but you know how she is.”

Yeah.”

The two shuffled in and stood awkwardly on an island of tile in one corner of the den, with the doorway to the kitchen on their immediate right. Jack's father leaned there, limned in the lights from the kitchen, while his mother set a mug on a coffee table and rose from the sofa in the den. Jack made introductions while she hurried over, her slippers shuff-shuff-shuffing on the carpet.

Uh, my Dad, Ed,” he gestured, “And Mom, Kay. This is Anna.”

It was nothing on the level of rudeness, but seeing how Mom/Kay looked her over while approaching, Anna was reminded of Jack's predictions. Ah well. Not like any mother wouldn't size up any woman a son brought home.

Anna, hello. It's so good to meet you.”

And then Anna was awkwardly returning an embrace. Another Mom who was a hugger.

Alright, hon, don't scare the poor thing away.” Jack's father commented.

Jack didn't let on how gorgeous you are. And tall – you'll fit right in around here. Both of the boys take after their father.” Kay said, releasing her from the hug.

Jack's mom was about 5'6, edging toward heavy-set, with sandy blond hair gone mostly grey. In addition to well worn slippers, she wore a pastel purple terry cloth dressing gown. She gave off a quintessentially motherly – or grandmotherly – aura, suddenly making Anna wonder if Jack's brother had any children.

The overall effect put Anna in mind of a sitcom couple after the kids have grown up and moved away.

Take your shoes off. Make yourselves to home. Jack knows his way around. Ain't changed much, 'cept your mother set up shop in your brother's old room.” Ed moved around the others to settle into an old recliner as if it were moulded to fit him, which at this point it essentially was.

The visiting couple obliged while Jack fielded questions from his mother, like how was the ride, and did they need help with the luggage, and so on and so forth. Jack then backed across the den with Anna en tow, edging toward the hall leading back to the bedrooms – repeatedly iterating that they were tired from the drive. Anna demurred Kay's good natured offers of coffee, tea, juice, and, by the sounds of it, pretty much everything else in the kitchen.

Yell if you need anything. Nice meeting you, Anna.” Ed briefly interrupted his wife, while flicking through channels on the television.

When they had made it back into the hall, Jack gave Anna something like a tour, which he accomplished by pointing here and there.

Bathroom. Door to the basement – the stairs are kinda steep, so watch that. Back there's the back door. Frank's room. Aaand our suite.”

Anna really was ready to crash again, but getting a look at Jack's childhood bedroom piqued her curiosity.

So, I get that it's a guest room now, but what about all your stuff? Did you take it all with you or get rid of it or...?” she asked, moving around the room and looking for signs of past Jack's former presence.

Jack sat on the bed and began stripping down to his boxers.

Took some with me. Got rid of some. Probably some of whatever was left is still in the cellar.”

Ah. You'll show me tomorrow, right?”

If you want. Umm, as far as anything in here now... The bed's the same, but the sheets and stuff are different, obviously. And,” he lay back and checked in the pillow cases, “nope, new pillows, too. But if you check in the closet – I'll bet they never bothered covering that.”

Covering what?”

Anna opened the closet door, pulled a dangling cord to switch on an overhead light, and looked around. When nothing jumped out at her, she shifted jackets and unladen clothes hangers around on the rod to look under and behind.

Oh wow, this is... Did you paint this?”

Yeah,” he joined her, putting his arms around her and looking over her shoulder, “Uh, Sophomore year of high school. They're all from The Lord of the Rings.”

Yeah. I recognized this one from the big fiery eye, but...”

Sauron's dark tower at Barad-Dur.” Jack nodded. “That one on the left is Bilbo's hobbit hole.”

Ohhh, yeah.”

And on the right, with the white tower...” Jack trailed off, making it sound like a question.

Anna peered at the acrylic depiction of a pale, massive stronghold build onto the side of a mountain.

I can't remember the name, but it's the good guys' place. Where the king goes crazy. Aaaand the orcs or ogres or whatever use the special battering ram. And, uh-”

Not bad, nerd girl.” Jack smiled. “Minas Tirith. Capital of Gondor after Osgiliath. Overlooked the Pelennor Fields. Although, technically, Denethor was only steward of Gondor, not king – not to put too fine a point on it.”

Anna snorted.

Alright, Nerdmaster.” She admired the three works painted directly on the faux wood grain panelling of the closet walls. A thought occurred to her. “You don't paint any more. Why not?”

Jack shrugged.

Never really got that into it. I had been drawing for a handful of years already when I tried painting. Guess I just stuck with the one that came easier. Or that I already had experience with. And painting supplies are pricey for a kid.

Then I got into the digital art thing, and then the webcomic thing.”

Mm. Well, these are pretty impressive to me.” she said, turning to face him and reaching her hands up to cradle his face.

Thanks, Sexy.” He bent for a quick kiss.

As he straightened up, his eyes went distant, then he broke into a grin.

What?”

I was just thinking... Sixteen year old me would've had a very different outlook if he had known I would end up standing here, with you, now.”

Aww.” She gave a sort of half smiling pout, “You probably have to drag me over and toss me on the bed, but if you don't mind doing all the work, you can have your way with me.”

Heh, thanks love,” he smiled, “But, as romantic as that was, and even though I know sixteen year old me would kick me for saying it, I'm pretty wiped from driving, too. Let's just cuddle a little and get some sleep.”

Anna smiled, let her eyelids close and her head fall forward against his chest.

Mmkay.”

We can always fool around tomorrow night. When we're not so tired, and we can really appreciate the thrill of fucking in my old bedroom.”

He turned out the closet light, then bent his legs and hoisted Anna so that she could circle her legs around him, her arms over his shoulders, while he cut the bedroom light before returning to the bed.

Down we go.” he grunted, rolling onto the bed on his side. “Leggo. I'll help with your clothes.”

Anna disentangled herself and rolled onto her back, not bothering to open her eyes. She unbuttoned her jeans, then wiggled this way and that, moving a limb here or there, while Jack did the real work. Going with her usual sleeping attire, Jack left her in her shirt and panties. While they had decided not to get frisky, he didn't pass on the opportunity to plant a soft, tickling kiss here or there while he was at it.

Burrowing under the covers, they came together to kiss and snuggle up. Anna worked one of her legs between his, enjoying his body heat.

Maybe when we get a place, you could paint something.” she murmured sleepily, then even more quietly, “Like a nude self portrait.”

Or something.” Jack chuckled, then, “'Night, Beautiful.”

Having reached zombie mode already, Anna came up with “Mm. Lerv you, too.”

He rolled his eyes, then watched as her face took on the placid peace of sleep, and eventually joined her.

The next morning Jack awoke to a weight resting on his lap. An occurrence which, at this point, didn't surprise him overmuch. He rubbed his face, scratched his jaw, reached up to lace his fingers behind his head, and finally blinked his eyes open. Thankfully, it was Anna straddling him, as expected.

A little surprising – pleasantly so – was the fact she had taken her shirt off and replaced it with nothing at all.

Hey.”

Morning, Sexy. What's the occasion?”

I know being around family can be trying. Thought I could at least help start the day off with a smile.” she scootched up on his midsection, leaned forward to walk her hands up to his shoulders, and lowered herself to gently smother him with her breasts.

He said something that was rendered incomprehensible as she gave her tits a jiggle, but he sounded happy. After a little motor-boating, made a bit prickly by his stubble, he gave her nipples some oral attention.

Mmm.” she closed her eyes and enjoyed, eventually sitting up again before she got too worked up. “So, how are we feeling?”

Jack smiled lazily.

Prrrr-retty good, thanks. Can we just stay here today? We could order pizza.” He added the last suggestion as if it were a bribe.

Jack,” Anna laughed, “You can joke, you're already family. I'd like to make a good impression. Or at least not a bad one.”

I know, I know.” he slid his hands up past her knees to rest on her bare thighs.

Hmm. Look on the bright side, Nerd.”

You mean other than morning tits?”

Uh huh.” she inched her hips back and lowered herself to whisper in his ear, “Even if spending the day with family sucks, we can try to make it worth it, later tonight.”

Oh yeah?”

Oh yeah.” she agreed in a breathy whisper. The next moment, 'Mwah!' she pressed an exaggerated kiss to his cheek.

Alright then. But I gotta get some caffeine inside me and take a leak. Mm, but definitely in the opposite order.”

Yeah, I noticed that.” Anna wiggled her way back so that she settled with his morning wood pressed between them. “Here, I put our clothes on top of my suitcase.”

She rolled off of him and unceremoniously tossed his clothes at him one article at a time before pulling on a fresh set of clothes herself. Jack took his time, and by the time he got up off the bed in yesterday's clothes, Anna was dressed in jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt.

Bathroom, bathroom, bathroom.” Jack muttered, exiting the room.

Moving quickly down the hall and over to the bathroom, he didn't realize Anna was following until she caught the door when he began to close it. Nudging him further in, she slipped through and closed the door behind her. And locked it.

Uh, are you looking for the shower, or just can't stand to be away from me?” Jack joked while lifting the toilet seat and lid.

Nooope.” Anna replied quietly, moving around behind him.

Mmmmmkay. You don't mind if I go ahead and-”

Course not. I came to help.” she said with a mischievous smile.

Help?”

She waited while Jack fiddled with his fly and drew out his cock, then reached around to take hold of his wrists.

Since you're going to put your hands up here,” she drew his arms up, releasing them when he shrugged and laced his fingers behind his head.

I thought I was the one that was supposed to have weird fetishes.” he observed.

Leaning out to the right and curling her left arm around him, she reached down to take his rigid shaft in her right.

This isn't a sex thing. This is just for fun. Mm, you're hot.”

Jack shifted his hips slightly as she worked to angle his erection, aiming it down into the toilet.

I mean, it's lewd fun, but still.” she went on. “Is this...?”

Um, down just a little? Yeah, that should do.” Jack supplied, not sure if he wanted to feel more awkward, amused, or weirdly turned on.

Anna gave a slight squeeze.

Whenever you're ready.” she teased. “Feeling shy, Nerd?”

Sort of. Also, with your hand on him, my brain is getting mixed signals.” he smiled. “Gimme a sec.”

She felt him take a deep breath and slowly let it out. As he relaxed, his hard-on tried to twitch up, then she actually felt his urethra bulge along the underside of his cock just before the stream shot forth to spatter loudly in the back of the bowl.

So, this is fun?”

Wait.” Anna eased her hand up and down his shaft, weaving it in a figure-8 pattern and trying to do so without inadvertently spraying out of bounds. “Yeah, pretty fun.”

She left off playing and adjusted her hold as he slowly softened, then gave him a few expert shakes when he had finished – which drew a laugh from Jack.

Why are you laughing?” Anna inquired.

It's just funny that you knew how to do that.”

I do have practice. Okay, you can put him away now.” she said, relinquishing her hold on his limp, but still slightly swollen shaft.

I know. Still kinda funny when it's somebody else doing it for you.” He explained while zipping up.

Anna gave a thoughtful 'hmm.'

Now I wanna trade places next time.”

Can't promise I won't take advantage.” Jack advised, moving to wash his hands. He paused to flick water at her. “And actually, aren't you the one who should be washing your hands?”

Ack, yeah. And go ahead and take advantage. As long as we're not visiting family at the time.” she playfully hip checked him as she moved over to wash her hands alongside him.

Hmm. Quick shower?”

Together? Will that be weird? Like, with your parents...”

They won't care. Anyway, they never come back to this end of the house unless they're using the bathroom or going to bed.” Jack assured her.

Okay. But no funny business, just in case.”

No funny business, see?” Jack muttered. “Lemme get some clean clothes and I'll be right in.”

The two enjoyed a nice hot shower and subsequent preening – which saw Jack actually shave, then wait around while Anna finished her more extensive preparations. These included changing her mind about wearing jeans, what with how hot the days were getting. She opted for a pale, mid-length sundress with a square neck, printed with a pattern of light blue flowers all over. The material was soft and liked to ripple and furl as it slipped and slid over her curves. In light of this development, Jack decided not to tease her about how long she was at it. Or forgot to, at any rate.

Eventually they joined Jack's mother in the kitchen, where the scents of breakfast filled the air. Kay bid them help themselves to the food before launching into a steady stream of pleasantries – had they slept well, how was the ride, did the heat bother them, and so on. Jack fielded most of the questions with civil but concise answers while selecting a croissant from a box of doughnuts on the table. He cut the rather large pastry in half and offered the other half to Anna.

Nobody needs a whole croissant.” he offered.

She gave him a dark look.

I don't need half a croissant, thanks.” she replied, opting for eggs, a single strip of bacon, and well-sweetened coffee.

Wish I had your willpower,” Kay commented, sipping her own coffee, “Or your figure. Jack's lucky. He's always been skinny.”

Anna fixed herself a plate and a mug of coffee, Jack pointing out for her where the plates and mugs were kept. She was a little hesitant about helping herself in a strange kitchen in somebody else's house, but on the other hand, at least she wouldn't have to deal with the awkwardness of being served something she didn't want and worrying about offending someone.

Meanwhile, Kay added, “Of course, your father was like that too, until, mm, about forty. Metabolism finally dropped off. Good thing he's always kept himself busy. You might want to start thinking about that.”

Think about being forty?” Jack's brow creased. “Yeah, no thanks.”

Anyway,” he added as Anna came around to sit down at the table next to him, “This one's been nagg- uh, encouraging me to eat better and go to the gym.”

I've encouraged you to drink less of those bottled biohazards. You decided to start going to the gym on your own.” Anna pointed out between forkfuls of scrambled egg.

She keeps you in line, eh?” Kay smiled.

Something like that.”

To be fair, I eat a lot better than I used to, too, now I've got him around.” Anna admitted.

Kay's eyebrows rose.

Since when do you cook?”

Jack shrugged.

Since years ago when I realized I enjoyed doing it. Just don't usually bother taking the time if it's just me. Don't look so surprised.”

Well... The way you used to pick at food. Lucky if you ate two real meals a day. And when you went off to school, we thought you'd end up with malnutrition from all the noodles, or food poisoning from eating old pizza.”

Jack noticed Anna's smile from the corner of his eye.

Everybody likes pizza.” he commented obliquely.

The small talk carried on until they had finished eating, whereupon Kay asked Jack to go fetch a cooler.

Your father's down to Patty and Steve's. Their AC unit's been acting up, so he agreed to look at it. If he's not back by lunch, I'll send you over there to remind him not to be too late. They're doing the fireworks out in the field behind the Community Center.

They're gonna have a couple of grills set up. Your father agreed to do burgers, so we have to load up the meat and buns, ketchup, mustard. All that. They're reimbursing us for all of it, so...”

Jack had already deposited his plate in the sink and headed back to the basement door when she was halfway through the spiel. Anna suppressed the urge to tell him not to take too long about it. Kay seemed perfectly nice, but...

Twenty minutes later Jack emerged from the cellar, muttering about how it was a good thing he hadn't fallen and hit his head or been buried under an avalanche of junk. Approaching the kitchen with cooler in hand, he detected the unmistakable sound of domestic female conversation, aka gossip – or worse, family stories.

Ahem. Cooler.” he interrupted bluntly.

Took you long enough. Your Mom was just telling me nice, embarrassing stories about your childhood.” Anna informed him.

Wouldn't be Mom if she wasn't.” he replied dryly. “And I would have been back sooner, but I had to move a few things. Incidentally, did you know there are eight garden hoses in the cellar?”

Are there really?” his mother asked, then apparently decided that was the end of that. “Your brother texted earlier. He should be getting here in a few hours, so I need to move my craft things around in his old room.”

You mean un-bury the bed?”

So, you load the cooler,” she continued, ignoring him, “and Anna can give me a hand, if she doesn't mind. And tell me about what you do for fun in the big city while we're at it. Oh, there's a bag of ice in the freezer.”

Ah, the joys of volunteering,” Jack gave Anna a wink and a little wave, “Have fun.”

Some hours later, after a lunch of sandwiches, Jack was unsurprised when his old man still hadn't returned home. Always did have a tendency to get caught up in work and forget everything else. It was while Jack was down the street, saying hello to Steve and Patty and reminding his father of previous engagements, that his brother arrived.

When the doorbell rang, Anna hopped up. Being closer, she stepped up to the door, then hesitated a moment before realizing that there was no peephole.

Thank you, dear. That must be Frank. Nobody else would bother ringing the bell.” Kay said from across the kitchen.

Anna opened the door.

Frank?”

There was a definite resemblance. Frank was eye to eye with Anna – a bit shorter and less lanky than Jack. Clean shaven with dark hair buzzed on the sides and slicked back on top. He wore what she thought of us 'office-casual.'

Sorry, I'm Jack's girlfriend. Anna.” She supplied, stepping back out of the way.

Oh, good. I thought maybe you were a cousin I couldn't remember or something.” He stepped in and set a small suitcase to one side. “But I was pretty sure we didn't have any cousins that good looking.”

Good taste runs in the family, huh?” Anna smiled.

Apparently.” Frank made a point of looking around the place to avoid staring.

Franklin, aren't you hot wearing that? I hope you brought shorts.” Kay waxed motherly.

Hey Ma,” then in a stage whisper to Anna, “Five years since I was here last. Can you tell?”

Anna raised her eyebrows, but diplomatically held her tongue.

Anyway, it's good to meet you, Anna.” he stuck out a hand to shake. “Is Jack hiding somewhere?”

Uh, your Dad is out fixing somebody's AC, I guess. We sent Jack to make sure he comes home.” Anna explained.

Ah.”

Kay came bustling around and extracted a hug and a kiss. Anna retook her seat at the table, happy to let their host shift her focus to interrogating Frank about his flight, how long he'd be staying, and gradually more and more generally about seemingly every detail of his life.

Eventually Jack returned with his father – triumphant from Fixing the Problem. A round of retreading old themes and redundant reminders ensued, which, by their expressions, was nothing new for the boys.

Got all caught up in what you were doing, didn't you?” Kay commented, clearly a statement, despite it's wording as a question. “You missed lunch.”

Frank.” Ed noticed his elder son with mild surprise before developing a sort of gruff semi-smile and moving in for a handshake. “Didn't know if you were going to make it.”

After a very brief back and forth between father and son, Ed pointed out that they should dig out a cooler to use to transport the necessaries for the cookout. It was explained that this had already been taken care of. At which point Anna pointed out that she still wanted to see the cellar where some of Jack's old things might be stashed.

Watch yourself on the stairs. And there's some stuff piled by the side wall there I've been meaning to get to. You wanna be careful over there.”

Little late on that one, Pops.” Jack muttered.

Frank, why don't you go with them and see if you can find that old set of grilling, uh, utensils. The tongs and metal spatulas and that. And go ahead and put your things in your old room. I shifted my stuff around so it should be fine, but you just move anything that's in the way. You won't hurt anything.” Kay instructed.

Kayleigh, I told you, we threw those out after...” Ed began.

Anna and the Brothers Wells moved away from the kitchen as quickly as decency allowed. Shortly, the three were downstairs, Jack pulling a dangling drawstring at the base of the stairs to click on an overhead bulb. In the yellowy light, Jack found a switch and flicked on a pair of long fluorescent light fixtures which amply illuminated the dusty, windowless room.

While there was no wall or partition, the space was clearly portioned into two halves. To one side, shelves, cupboards, and precarious stacks of accumulated junk. On the other side, the personal workshop of Ed Wells. A table, workbench, rolling tool chest, pegboards hung with tools, and all the usual things one finds in such a shop – with a lean toward the electrician's particular needs. More electrical tape than one might otherwise expect to find, for instance.

While they cautiously played Indiana Jones amongst the family archaeological site, Jack and Anna traded questions with Frank about their respective lives. Anna picked up on a faint stiffness between Jack and his brother. Nothing intentional. In Jack's case, at least, he was slightly slower off the cuff with his quips, comments, and replies.

They loosened up as they talked. It became clear that while they got along alright, they weren't the finish-each-others'-sentence type of siblings. Jack had gotten the sense of humor, while Frank was a more earnest, serious type. Anna was a little surprised to learn that regardless of that, Frank was the one who had butted heads with their parents more. Apparently Their father had pulled the oblivious traditionalist dad thing and assumed that Frank would join him in the electrician business. Frank, in his own words, hadn't really known what he wanted to do, except that he wanted to get far away from home. This had led him to enrol in a technical school two states away, get a degree in engineering, and finally a job at Tesla, of all things.

Jack was very supportive of the last bit, while using it as a bottomless source for jokes.

Their hunting turned up drawers of old school papers, some of Jack's sketchbooks and loose art projects, Frank's old soccer trophies, and a couple of photo albums.

While going through the artwork, Anna set aside a pencil drawing that caught her eye. It was a zombie standing amidst some gravestones under a full moon, which appealed to her love of horror stuff. More than that, it was a cool composition. The Perspective was from a low angle, as if the viewer were in the place of a potential victim who had tripped, fallen, and was looking up. The zombie, gravestones, and shrivelled trees all loomed ominously.

I'm taking this.”

Help yourself.” Jack acknowledged amiably.

Hmm. Good grades, Nerd.” Anna observed, as she moved from art to school papers.

Frank looked at her curiously.

Nerd?”

It's a pet name.” Anna explained without looking up from the report cards through which she was sifting.

Frank turned his curious gaze on Jack, who gave a faint smile and shrugged.

She calls me Nerd, I call her Sexy. It works for us.”

Huh. Oh, and that's just when we were in elementary school. If you can find any of his high school stuff-” Frank said.

School is not a place for intelligent people.” Jack muttered.

When the photo albums were discovered, Anna opened one and leaned back against a scarred oak dresser. The brothers joined her, one on either side, to explain and reminisce.

Babies and family pets. Friends and neighbors. Holidays and graduations. And weddings.

By the way,” Frank cleared his throat, “Was there something you wanted to tell me?”

When Jack and Anna both looked over, he lifted his left hand, palm in, and tapped his ring finger.

Um,” Anna managed brilliantly, turning her head to look at Jack.

Stop, wait, don't,” Jack monotoned, channeling Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, “Let me answer this one.”

Please do,” she smiled, then murmured, “Jackass.”

Frank waited quietly.

Uh, we told Mom and Dad that it's like, uh... A pre-engagement sort of thing. Because, well, you know how they are.”

Frank nodded.

But uh,” Jack leaned out and looked over a shoulder, as if somebody might be crouched on the stair, listening, “We're not really crazy about a real wedding, or like, contracts. I mean, we're not hippies or in a cult or something, but... Anyway, unofficially, these are...”

Frank leaned forward slowly while Jack dissembled.

Wedding rings?” he said quietly.

Anna could feel herself starting to blush, which she thought was a bit silly, but she couldn't help it.

Uh, yeah.” Jack let out a breath.

Wow.” Frank looked thoughtful a moment, then nodded to himself. “Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't tell them that. Congratulations.”

Thanks.” the other two replied in unintentional unison.

As long as we're 'coming out,'” Anna said after a pause. She looked at Jack; “Did they tell him, or...”

Tell me what?” Frank asked.

As much as she loves to gossip, I would've thought. But I don't know how often they talk. Hell, I'm not even sure Dad actually knows. He doesn't listen to half of what Mom – or anybody – says, really.”

Anna gave him a look.

Thanks. That's a great thought.”

Are you... Expecting?” Frank said slowly.

Still looking at Jack, Anna widened her eyes, developing an uncertain smile.

Nope,” Jack answered happily, . “That's definitely not it.”

Then, to Anna; “You want me to-”

No, you got the last one. And this time I kinda feel like I should.”

She looked to Frank, and did what she could to keep her eyes from sliding down toward the floor.

I uh, I'm trans.”

After a few seconds, his brow lowered slightly and his eyes wandered in a thoughtful way. He opened his mouth to speak, tipped his head a bit, lifted a forestalling finger, then closed his mouth without saying anything. Finally he settled back on his heels and looked past her to Jack.

Is this a joke?” he said.

Under other circumstances Anna might have been irritated or embarrassed, but his tone made it clear that he had just remembered Jack's penchant for practical jokes and humor. Knowing Jack herself, she could understand his annoyed apprehension. And she was going to focus on that, she told herself, and not worry about the possibility that he was the type of person who thought the suggestion of being with a trans person was a bad joke.

She felt Jack put a hand on her arm, and appreciated his concern. Then she saw Frank's expression change, and guessed Jack's own expression must have been enough to convince him.

Um, no. It's not a joke.” she offered.

Oh. Oh, Je- I'm sorry. I- Damnit, Jack. Always messing with people, and now you make me look like an asshole.”

His dismay was so obviously genuine, it made her smile again.

You do a pretty good job all on your own.” Jack replied. Anna was glad to hear what was very nearly his usual easy-going tone.

Hey, give me a break, will ya. Anna, seriously, I'm really sorry. That's not- Y'know, I wasn't-”

Okay, okay. Easy. Don't give yourself a stroke.” Anna said mildly.

Part of the reason I got out of here was to get away from backwards ass, close-minded people.” Frank said, scratching the back of his head in a familiar way. “Wait, do they know?” he asked, nodding his head to indicate their parents upstairs.

That's what we were talking about. Mom definitely does, but I left it to her to tell Dad, so...” Jack replied.

Huh.”

They seem perfectly nice. Haven't said anything about it or treated me weird. You make it sound like they're gonna burn me at the stake.” Anna asserted.

Jack and Frank shared a look.

Hey, cut it out. If you wanna say something, say it – Don't do that telepathy shit.” Anna nudged Jack with her elbow.

Well, if they say anything stupid, just know that it isn't all their fault.” Frank said, half joking, “ They mean well. Usually. It's just that they're from a different time, and they have tiny little reptile brains.”

Anna laughed despite herself, surprised to hear such a Jack-like commentary coming from somebody else.

Jeez. You guys are not nice.” she scolded.

Anyway, thanks for telling me, although, it doesn't really change anything for me. I definitely wouldn't have guessed. I mean, I guess that's the idea...”

Yeah, she has a thing about her feet, but other than th-” Jack began.

Shuuuuh-dup.” Anna interrupted. “We're good, Franklin.”

And, yes, there was the same bad-taste-in-the-mouth reaction Jack gave at the use of his full name.

There was a lull while Anna closed the photo album and set it aside.

You guys drove, right?” Frank asked.

Yeah. Her car. Why?”

You should take the albums. Scan the pics. Or take pics with your phone or something. Send them to me. I'd ask Mom to do it, but you know how it is getting them to do anything.” Frank suggested.

Anna happily scooped the albums back up.

If we leave 'em, they'll just sit down here. Nobody ever goes through this stuff. Oh, and I have a new phone and email and stuff. I'll write them down for you.”

You can give those to me.” Anna teased. “Jack doesn't keep in touch with people.”

Frank gave an amused snort.

You two seem good together. She's way too attractive for you, but other than that...”

Can't argue with that.” Jack allowed, covertly giving Anna's ass a squeeze.

Frank checked his watch.

Shit. What time did they say they wanted to leave?”

There were already a few dozen people, scattered across the field, standing or sitting in clumps of threes and fours, when they arrived. They lugged the cooler, a bag of charcoal, lighter fluid, and utensils to a covered pavilion where the grills had been installed. The charcoal and lighter fluid turned out to be superfluous, as the grills were propane (“I tell you hwhat.” Jack noted sagely.), but Ed maintained that they were better safe than sorry.

While the patriarch, in his element, fired up the grill, Kay began prepping things on a nearby picnic table. The 'kids', meanwhile, took the unneeded fire starter back to the truck – the three of them having taken Anna's car, while Ed and Kay brought his pickup – and this time collected folding chairs from the bed of the truck to lug over so they wouldn't have to stand while waiting for the light show.

As afternoon wore on into evening, Somebody organized things so that people would line up to be served burgers or hot dogs. As they passed, Kay was determined to tell everybody she recognized and, apparently, most of those she didn't, about her kids visiting. The three smiled and waved dutifully when it seemed called for.

After the line petered out, the family served themselves. As it happened, they all opted for burgers, except for Frank, who went for a side of hot dog with his burger.

No fries.” Jack observed.

It took Anna a second to catch on.

Yeah. No extra helping for you.”

You gonna give me half your burger?”

Fuck no.” she said more quietly. “Go get a hot dog if you're that hungry.”

Jack leaned close to speak into her ear; “Not gonna offer me your hot dog, either?”

Smartass.” she cut her eyes at him, wearing the almost smile that conveyed the endearing sentiment 'you're such a nerd.'

She lifted her burger, adding, “Maybe later,” just before taking a big bite.

They started setting off the fireworks a little early, before it was fully dark. Those under the pavilion came out to stand around with the rest and watch and ooh and aah. Jack slung one arm around Anna's shoulders and she leaned against him, curling her arm around his back.

Hey, Jack.”

They both turned to find Frank squatting down a dozen feet behind them, his phone held in front of his face.

Say cheese.”

They smiled foolishly, the way people often do when suddenly realizing there's a camera pointed at them. They looked at each other, already quite close, and, with brilliant starbursts exploding in the sky behind them, they kissed.

The rest of the fireworks show was pleasant as well. Eventually they broke the kiss, of course. They leaned together, watching the dazzling lights, flinching at the occasional exceptionally sudden or loud explosion, oohing and aahing like everyone else.

Apparently the people putting on the show had found a few helpers who possessed experience with fireworks. The grand finale was a combination of simple whiz-bang rockets, big colorful boomers, and the sort that shed cascades of sparking lights that crackled and popped as they fell. When it was all over, there was a good deal of clapping and whistling. And, finally, those who hadn't bailed early turned and wended their ways back to their waiting vehicles.

The ride home was mostly made in a warm, pleasant silence. The faint cracks and booms of smaller fireworks still being set off echoed from elsewhere.

After the cooler had been put away, and the utensils dumped in the kitchen sink, Ed dropped himself into his recliner with a grunt, and the others all sort of gravitated back to the living room. The television remote rested on the arm of the recliner, but, while the others settled, it sat unused. Ed shifted a bit in his seat.

So, Anna. I hear you're a trans person.”

There followed what a dramatic sort of person might call a deafening silence.

Well... You make an attractive young woman.” He added.

Still, none of the gathered managed to find their tongues.

Looks like you're a good influence on this egghead.” Ed jerked a thumb at Jack.

Um... Thank you.”

If you two think about adopting... Your Mother would love to have some rugrats running around. You let us know if you ever need anything. Money, or a babysitter. Help wiring your own place.”

There was something to be said for his blunt, straightforward approach. That something probably didn't include words like 'tact,' or 'considerate,' but it was decisive. Got things right out in the open. And with considerably less margin for misunderstanding than a more tactful approach might provide.

I uh-” Anna began lamely.

What she mean is, we haven't quite gotten to considering kids yet.” Jack rallied, “But thanks. We'll try and keep in touch more.” He paused. “Well, she will, anyway.”

Anna gave him a look, which read as somehow both chiding and thankful.

Ed gave a nod.

Like me, I guess. Your mother does all that. Checkin' up on people. Sendin' holiday cards. Birthday cards. Got notifications for all of it on her phone.”

Mm.” Jack gave a faint nod. Internally, he frowned at being compared to his father, but it was true, more or less – none of the men in the family were much for 'keeping in touch.'

Hey Dad, what ever happened with the business? Some big company buy you out?” Frank asked, speaking a little louder than was called for.

Jack assumed he was trying to break the current awkward atmosphere. Mentioning the business at all was skating close to the old touchy subject of Frank refusing to work with their father.

Nope. Sold my share to my old partner, Hal. He moved it 'cross state, but they're still in business out there, far as I know.”

It's over nine thousand.” Anna murmured, lifting a hand to feign a yawn.

Which precipitated Jack trying to turn a sudden laugh into a cough. It was nice being with somebody who had a good sense of humor. He was a little impressed she had so quickly connected Hal with Hal 9000, but instead of stopping there, made the leap to the Dragon Ball Z uber-meme.

Frank gave them a curious look, while their folks carried on oblivious.

Kay started in with the story of how Ed and Hal had started their business, which Ed took as his cue to flick on the TV and start channel surfing. With the awkward episode behind them, the kids chattered amongst themselves, humoring Kay's eavesdropping and occasional comments.

The topic of conversation bounced from Anna's tattoos to favorite 80s movies, to favorite movie soundtracks, to special effects in movies. Frank provided some fairly nerdy insight into engineering behind the effects in such disparate movies as Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, The Thing, Jaws, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Caught up in conversation, they hardly noticed the time pass.

Around ten thirty Ed and Kay decided to call it a night. The other three hung out a bit longer, chatting, before Frank begged off, citing the fact that he had to get up in the morning to catch his return flight.

Yeah. Busy, busy.” he explained when Jack and Anna expressed surprise. “Just took off a couple days to come by for the fourth. No telling when I'll get to see everybody again.”

He then cupped a hand next to his mouth and whispered, “And to meet your lovely wife.”

Anna's eyes drifted down for a moment, as a certain warm, fluttery feeling blossomed briefly in her chest. It was the first time anybody other than Jack had used the term to refer to her.

Flattery runs in the family, too, huh?” she said, looking up with a smile. “Here, in case you're gone when we get up. It was good meeting you, Jack's brother.”

Oh,” Frank accepted a hug, “Okay. Mm, maybe I should visit more often. Oh, and sorry about Dad, by the way.”

Stepping back, Anna waved it off.

That was pretty weird for a minute there, but... Coulda been worse. And now it's, like, out there, so I don't have to wonder.”

The brothers settled for shaking hands.

See ya at the next wedding or funeral.” Jack joked.

Hmp.” Frank nodded. “Drive safe.”

A few minutes later, they had retired to their respective rooms. Anna had brought along a bottle of water, which she set on the bedside table before plopping down on the edge of the bed.

So... Wanna fool around, or wait 'til everyone's asleep?” she asked. After a moment's though, she added, “I'd feel bad if we kept him up, since he has to get up in the morning and travel again.”

Novelty aside, is your heart set on fucking in my old room?” Jack asked.

I mean... Novelty aside, it doesn't really look like your room any more. Did you- You're not gonna say 'let's fuck in the kitchen,' are you?”

Instead of answering, Jack posed another question.

Did you notice that the cellar door has a bolt on the downstairs side?”

Um...”

The workshop part is under the den, so we'd be further from the bedrooms. And that table – the legs are bolted to the floor.”

Anna frowned.

What, were you scoping out places to fuck all day?”

No, I was just thinking about it earlier while we were sitting around.” he shrugged.

Huh.”

And the floor is cement, so it's not gonna be all creaky if you walk on it. Or bounce up and down on it.”

Anna gave him the arched eyebrow.

You wanna bounce up and down on cement?”

He stepped up to her, leaned down, and gently bore her back onto the bed.

Nooo...” he began to answer before dipping for a kiss.

Mm. Then-”

I was thinking that if we put a comforter on the table,” he shifted to kiss the corner of her jaw, “and, hypothetically, 'bounced up and down' on it...” he nipped her ear lobe.

Oh. Yeah, that might-”

He left off sucking at a spot alongside her throat to add, “Then the only noise concern would be, mm, finding something to put in your mouth.”

Tss.” she tapped him lightly on the back of the head. “Mm, not like you've ever had any trouble with that.”

Jack lifted himself on his elbows.

I've been meaning to mention, this dress looks amazing on you.”

Thanks. Hey, now that we're alone and I don't have to worry about it, you wanna, uh,” she got a silly smile, “unleash the beast?”

Jack had a slow moment.

Well, if you really can't wait-” he started to roll over and reach for his fly.

No, goofball,” she corrected, “I meant mine. This dress is a little bit see-through-”

I noticed that.”

Yeah, so I wanted to make sure my tuck was good. I had a couple of these new-fangled patch things, and I figured now was a good time to try one. Works good – not as comfy as just extra underwear, but holds better without being like... Duck tape.”

At the mention of Duck tape, Jack looked momentarily aghast.

Well, now I'm curious.” Jack commented, sliding off the bed to crouch before her.

Don't band-aid it all at once, and you should be fine.” she advised, hitching the dress up and wiggling while working her panties down over her hips and ass to reveal the article in question.

Jack slipped her panties the rest of the way off, then surveyed the 'new-fangled patch thing.' Easing one hand between her thighs, he found that it felt a bit like a moleskin patch – dense, semi-flexible, soft outer layer. Anna spread her legs and cleared her throat, reminding Jack what he was supposed to be doing.

It really is like a patch, huh? Like a big, crotch shaped patch.” he observed as he began working at an upper corner with a fingertip.

Aw, you're worried about hurting me, huh?” she teased as he very slowly peeled the material back. “It's not sticky down the center, so...”

Ahh,” Jack nodded as his efforts began to reveal her soft shaft . “Oh good. I'd hate to hurt myself doing something like this, but pain is one thing. I'd feel way worse if I managed to hurt you.”

Anna sniffed in amusement, but agreed while reaching a hand down to ruffle his hair, “I tease, but tucking – or untucking – is definitely a better safe than sorry kind of activity.”

She gave a long 'mmmm' as he gently lifted her cock from it's tucked back position, shifting a bit and feeling the slightly odd sensation – sometimes experienced after good sex – of her balls descending again.

Mm, freedom.” She smiled. “Thanks. That's better.”

Jack nuzzled in for a moment, planting a light kiss on her soft, foreskin covered tip. He then rose to stand with the patch held up uncertainly, stuck to the fingers of his right hand.

Uh. Is this like, reusable?”

Maybe? But I don't see myself using one again for a while, so... just roll it up before you put it in the trash, I guess?”

Gotcha.”

He saw to that, then returned and stood regarding Anna where she still lay on the bed.

Anything you wanted to do while we wait for them to fall asleep, or are you good just laying there with your dress up, all balls-out?”

She raised her head just enough to look at him.

I mean...” she let her head drop again.

You know me – I'm not complaining. Although,” he moved to sit down on the bed next to her, “I have this funny feeling that if I were laying around like that, somebody might poke fun at me.”

Anna raised an arm as if volunteering to answer a question in school.

Me. I would. Probably compare you to Homer Simpson or something. Oh, actually, there is something.”

She scooted across the bed to reach over the edge to where she had left her luggage. Shortly, she moved back to the middle of the bed and sat up with a black zippered case in her lap. It was about half the size of a normal laptop case. Jack watched curiously while she took her time opening the case and having a look inside.

Finally, without saying anything, she held it out to him.

This isn't gonna be like the end of Raiders, is it?” he asked, accepting the case.

We'll see.” Anna replied evenly.

Jack looked inside. He opened a couple of smaller cases found within – one a miniature version of the outer case, the other a little cardstock box. Also present was a couple sealed plastic pouches. A small bottle of something. As he shifted the contents, there was a faint metallic clink.

Are these... What I think they are?” he asked eventually.

What do you think they are?”

They look like stainless steel, uhhhh, what do they call 'em...”

Sounds.” Anna provided. “Or sounding rods. For uh, insertion.”

Jack nodded slowly, not yet pulling his eyes away from the implements in question.

That's what I thought they were.” Long ones. A short one with a through-hole. Some latex gloves. A little bottle of alcohol, which he guessed was for cleaning. “And this packet is... ohhh. Little sample size surgical lubes. Which is not disconcerting at all.”

Anna gave an awkward shrug.

Like I said, you don't have to... I mean, I'm still kinda on the fence about it myself. I looked up how to use them and, like, safety and shit.”

Jack tipped his head to one side, shrugged.

I dunno about me, but if you wanna try it, I'd like to help. And now I'm really curious to see. You can play guinea pig, and if you enjoy it, maybe I'll give it a try. I'd hate to look chicken.” he smiled, finally looking up.

Oh, I wouldn't fuck with you for not wanting to try this.” Anna assured him, relieved by his smile and characteristic open mindedness. “And I'm glad you wanna help. I was just thinking I should get you to handle things for me, since just a minute ago you reminded me that you're more careful with my cock than I am.”

Heh. Talk about a trust building exercise.” he muttered, again eyeing the stainless hardware. “People don't really use the really big ones, do they?”

Uh, I think those are intended for females. Genetic females, I mean. Like, because their whaddayacallit, urethra, is more stretchable. Maybe?”

Yeah, I think I saw something about 'more stretchable' when I was looking at your copy of Grey's Anatomy.” Jack joked.

Yeah, yeah.”

So is this some kind of deluxe starter kit or something?”

Pretty much.”

And you haven't tried these before.” A thought occurred to him. “What made you think of...”

Anna pulled the cartoon look-around-and-whistle-innocently for a few seconds before answering.

Well, I do watch a little porn every once in a while. Or I did before we got so busy.”

Jack nodded. This wasn't news.

Saw something that piqued your interest, eh? Well, worst case scenario, you have a really embarrassing story to tell the people at the ER.”

Jaaack,” she laughed, “God, don't put that in my head.”

Jack was still for a second.

That's probably enough waiting.” he decided.

At the last minute, Anna worked the dress off and pulled on sweats and a tee while Jack tiptoed out and grabbed a handful of paper towels from the kitchen. She then handed off a comforter found in the closet to Jack, and followed him downstairs with her water bottle in hand and the deluxe starter kit tucked under her arm.

Once downstairs – with the door very deliberately locked behind them – they cleared the table and spread the comforter over it. Anna set her other burdens on a corner of the table and turned to Jack.

Now I'm a little anxious.” she said with an almost apologetic smile.

I think I can help with that.” He spoke with great confidence before taking her in his arms and initiating a long, smoldering kiss.

A couple of minutes later, on all fours on top of the table, Anna found his method of helping unoriginal, but super effective. She had stripped down and backed up to the edge of the table, shifting back so that Jack could indulge in one of his favorite pasttimes. Having her ass eaten and getting reach-around service at the same time made it just about impossible to hold on to anxiety. Or a coherent thought, after a few minutes.

When he figured she was sufficiently distracted from any jangling nerves, Jack eased back. Withdrawing his hand from her dangling shaft, he straightened up. Then, because such a big, beautiful opportunity was hard to pass up, he lay a couple of light slaps across her rump – setting aside, this once, his general belief that making a nice loud clap was part of the fun.

Moving around to sit down on the edge of the table, Anna gave him a rundown of the proper preparations, vis-a-vis sterilization with alcohol, generous use of the specific lube provided, etc. She staved off any relapse of nerves by leaning forward and reaching down Jack's shorts to fondle cock while he followed her instructions.

Mm, no. They remind me of going to the doctor. You washed your hands in so much alcohol I'm getting a buzz from the fumes. I'll take my chances.” she answered when Jack asked about wearing some of the nitrile gloves from the kit.

I guess we should start with the smallest one...” Jack mused, sliding the rod free of the elastic loops in the smaller case.

He held it up and proceeded to slather half it's length in clear gel lube. Holding it up in one hand, he maneuvered the tube of gell and squeezed some into his other hand. Anna left off slowly stroking him to put her hands on the table behind and lean back.

Cold?” she asked.

It's not bad, actually. Guess because it's fairly warm upstairs.”

She nodded, watching intently as Jack curled his fingers around her shaft and methodically squished a glob of lube onto her swollen glans. He rolled the ball of his thumb around, working the lube around and pressing in such a way that some small amount was forced down into the little opening at her tip.

After applying a bit more and repeating the process, he smeared the residual lube down her shaft and gave her a few long slow strokes. And finally, he brought his other hand over and tentatively rested the rounded, lube-slick end on the dome of her glans.

This actually is a little cold, but I doubt you'll notice.” he said quietly.

Anna swallowed.

Um. Yeah.”

Taking his time, Jack rolled the metal rod in his fingers, letting the tip gradually line up and settle into the mouth of her hole. Then, beginning to feel a faint nervousness himself, he checked the angle of the rod against the angle of her cock. Holding her still with one hand, he let the rod slide in his fingers – just testing to see if it's own weight would force it down at first. They were both surprised to find that it did, in fact, begin sinking of it's own accord.

Oh. That feels... interesting. Wait, wait. I think we should, um, maybe try the next size. They say you shouldn't use one that's too small to fit kinda snug. More risk of like, accidentally angling it wrong...” she trailed off.

Oh,” Jack took especial care withdrawing the rod again, “Wouldn't want that.”

After he repeated the process of cleaning and lubing, they found the next sound was a nice snug fit, with none of the wiggle room of the previous go. Anna inhaled at the sensation. Pressure, the impression of tenderness, flirting with the edge between pleasure and pain. She moaned softly as Jack gave her a slow stroke.

Adding more lube, he held her loosely and continued stroking. Oh so slowly, he slid the sound deeper.

I can really feel it, mmm, when it goes through that sensitive spot.” Jack moved his hold down to her base, while she pulled her foreskin down taught along her shaft and tapped a fingertip on the underside, right where the head and shaft met.

Doesn't hurt though?”

mmp-mm,” she shook her head, “It's good. Just go slow.”

With her fingers still curled around her shaft, there was a certain thrill when she felt her urethra bulge along her underside. She could tell the progress of the sound as the bulge rose against one finger after another, questing down toward her balls.

Okay, that's... That's probably far enough. For now.” she said when that curious new pressure and the resulting bulge extended about halfway down her shaft.

Jack paused.

Still good?”

Anna finally pried her gaze from the main attraction to give him a smile and a nod.

Yeah. Try, y'know, in and out. Just... Don't get carried away.”

Alright Sexy.”

He first drew up about an inch, pressed back in, and repeated the movement. Then a couple of inches. After a couple of minutes, and the addition of more lube, he was slowly drawing the warmed, glistening rod up until the tip lay just within her taught little hole, then sinking it halfway down the core of her cock again.

The combination of the gliding friction within and the bulge shifting against her fingers outside was definitely doing something for her. She felt herself more rigid and swollen than usual, and wasn't sure if it was due more to the physical or the psychological stimulation. She was just beginning to wonder if, with a little practice, she might be able to cum from just this, when Jack abruptly stopped what he was doing.

Hey, think you can handle more?” he asked. When she hesitated, he added, “Hold onto this for a second.”

He gave the protruding end of the sound a tap to get her attention. When she moved her hand up to hold it in place, still half buried in her until-recently virgin hole, (An idea that she had never entered her head until tonight), he moved to grab a little metal stepstool from nearby. A few seconds later he stood naked on the stool, reached across to pull a couple packets of lube and squeeze their contents out along the length of his erection.

Okay Beautiful. Lay back and enjoy.” he smiled. “You should probably hold onto that so you can take it out when you want.”

She eyed his lube-shiny cock where it stood tall before the backdrop of his long, lean midriff, before looking up to meet his eyes.

Hey, Jack.” she gave him a look heavy with familiarity, trust, and tremendous lust. “Don't go easy on me this time.”

Finally she lay back, readily lifting her feet high so that he could get in close. She had to wait a few moments longer while he conscientiously smeared the contents of another lube packet between her cheeks. Then he lined himself up, curled his arms around to grip her thighs close to her body, and pulled her to him hard, while thrusting forward.

Anna managed to bite back on her cry of surprise, pain, and pleasure before it escaped her, just barely. Jack waited, half buried in her clenching ass, while she took a shaky breath. When he leaned low along her body, she wondered what he could possibly be up to this time.

Remember we talked about how to keep you from waking up the neighbors?” he whispered when their faces were inches apart.

Before she could answer, she noticed his hand drawing near her face. He held it close, at an angle where she could see. It took her a beat to recognize her panties balled up in his hand.

I held onto these after you took them off upstairs. Thinking ahead, y'know.”

Anna swallowed, deliberately gazed back at him, and slowly opened her mouth. As he pressed the wadded article into her mouth, she drew a shuddering breath through her nose. She felt herself throb against both of the hard shafts currently filling and stretching her. Her lips were still slightly parted when Jack gave her a warm, loving smile, bobbed his eyebrows once, and kissed her.

Then, straightening up, he proved that he had taken her words to heart. There was a point, while he was still getting going, when Anna was reminded of his intermittent visits to the gym and jogging forays, and reflected that they were paying off. Shortly thereafter, she ceased doing any real thinking for a while.

With one hand gripping the edge of the table and the other holding her hard on steady so that the sound didn't become a projectile, she moaned, gasped, and cried out against her impromptu gag. Jack was putting his body into it, and it was only because he pulled her to him again with each thrust that she didn't slide back on the table. Despite their forethought and precautions, they still produced a bit of noise. The noise of sticky, ball slapping, ass clapping impacts as their bodies met – which came more and more rapidly.

Jack was just beginning to huff and puff when Anna began to feel that she was cumming. While she throbbed and spasmed and Jack mercilessly pounded her prostate, the feeling rode out and built and built. She thought to pull the rod plugging her penis, and as it slipped free, it felt almost like ejaculating. The release, and slight pain, that jolted along her length finally brought her to a peak. And then peak after jagged peak, as each spurt of hot jizz coursed through her extra sensitive prick to spatter over her body.

It seemed to go on forever. The rain of hot seed was considerable,and, with her cock bouncing unrestrained, fell widely over her body and the comforter below.

When all the overwhelming sensations had subsided enough for her to begin thinking again, Anna realized that Jack had stopped moving. Focusing, she found him looking back at her, smiling.

Was that as good as it looked?” he asked quietly.

Anna was still catching her breath. She gave a sort of giddy half smile, lips again slightly parted over the sodden bulk of panties in her mouth. Jack made a sympathetic noise and leaned forward to gently extract the damp fabric. He hadn't pulled out, and she felt him tense inside her as he moved, twitching in response.

Bleh. Mm. Thanks.” she said, breathing more easily. “And yeah... that was... A lot.”

Ready to go again?”

Anna gave him a look which very clearly conveyed 'I'm sorry, what?'

I can make this one a quickie.” he offered.

Anna smiled, rolled her eyes, and let her head slump back.

You didn't cum, did you?” she put together. “How did you manage that?”

Sheer will.” Jack shrugged. “Nah, I was really close. Just tried at the last second and got lucky.”

Mm. Okay. Doggy this time. Get up here.” Anna said, making no move to move herself.

Y'know, why don't you take a little breather.” he teased. “I'll just help with this.”

He shook out her panties and used them to clean the streaks and puddles of cum from her body.

Jee, thanks. Mm, not that I'm complaining, but you can pull out now.”

They both gave a little groan as he eased out. Anna took up her water bottle and drank before holding it out to Jack. With hydration taken care of, Anna groaned again as she scooted back on the table, then took her time getting up on all fours. She stretched, cat-like, before raising her ass and giving it a shake.

When Jack didn't react, she started to look around, only to find him coming around the table.

Hey-”

Jack bent and interrupted her with a kiss.

Mmm. Okay.” Anna allowed. “I mean, thanks, but-”

If we haven't woken everybody up already, we should be okay for a quickie. Except...” he held up a hand.

My panties again? Didn't you use those to...”

Jack smiled.

Anna eyed the panties-cum-gag-cum-jizz rag thoughtfully for a moment.

If I'm stubborn, do I get a spanking?”

Moving close to touch his cheek to hers, stubble prickling, he spoke into her ear.

You can get a spanking regardless, you naughty little fuckpuppet.”

Anna blinked. Dom/sub wasn't something either of them was particularly into, but it was a fun surprise to get a little spicy with the dirty talk every once in a while. She pursed her lips as if considering, then opened her mouth and stuck her tongue out, curling it down over her lower lip.

Taking her chin in his free hand, Jack made a point of wiping the cum and spit soaked panties across her cheeks before pressing the wadded fabric on her tongue and helping it into her mouth. The salty flavor of her own fluids seeped out into her mouth as Jack moved back around and climbed up on the table.

He gave her a few good slaps on either side, raising a rosy red color on her buns and setting her moaning and shifting her hips. Then, after applying a fresh layer of lube, Jack spread her cheeks. He slid his cock along her cleft, trailing lube, before lining up and pushing in. From there, he quickly picked up where they had left off.

Wanting to hear him get off this time, Anna waited until he had a rhythm going, then pushed back to meet his thrusts. He wasn't trying to hold back this time, and it wasn't long before she could hear in his breathing and voice, and feel in his movements, that he was close.

Gratified and aroused to hear him groan out her name as he started to cum, she carried on moving for both of them when he began to lose the rhythm. Whereas he would have shuddered to a stop against her as he came, she rocked forward and thrust back all the harder, drawing out his orgasm and milking him for all he was worth. She reached one hand back to touch herself, frantically stroking, speeding herself to a second leg shaking, mind blanking climax.

Finally she stopped, trembling and twitching, and shortly the two of them slumped, heedless of leaking bodily fluids, to lay beside each other there on the table. After a few seconds, Jack rolled on his side and propped himself up on an elbow.

Hey.”

Anna lifted her lids to half mast. She didn't move when he slid a hand along her cheek and brushed his thumb across her lips. She did open her mouth for him when he eased thumb and forefinger between her lips to again tease out her well used panties. Finding the water bottle she had brought along, he put one hand at the back of her head, as if she might need help lifting it. As he moved the bottle to give her a drink, she gave him a look which managed to convey subtle complexity. It said that this was sappy, and silly, if endearingly so, but she wasn't going to complain just now because she was spent, and doped up on post sex euphoria, and was content to just lay around being lazy for a little while.

Which was what they did. After helping her drink, Jack gave her a warm, tender kiss before slumping back down beside her.

Some time later, Jack sat up and scratched his head.

Alright Sexy. Clean up time.”

Just hose me down.”

Jack smiled, then leaned over her again, this time pressing his mouth to her breast and sucking, then lightly biting her nipple.

Oo!” She tensed for a moment. “Just five more minutes. You can do that again, though.”

Tss. Cheeky shit.”

He scooted down, rolling her with a hand on her thigh and the other on her lower back to shift her onto her side, and this time nipped at the soft, full curve of her ass.

Mmm,” Anna wiggled a bit, “Y'know what might work? If you get us a pillow and another blanket. And rub my back. Mm, and, um...”

Jack gave her ass a kiss, then a light slap.

I feel I should warn you. Protocol says the next step is intense corrective tickling.” he put on a pedantic, poindexter-y voice.

Aww.” Anna blew a raspberry. “Fine-”

Commencing-” Jack began sliding a hand down her calf toward her feet.

Stop, stop,” Anna laughed, rolling onto her back and curling her legs up before finally pushing into a sitting position.

By the time the two had finished cleaning up, dressing, and lugging things back up to Jack's room, it was well into the wee hours of the morning. Unbeknownst to them, it wasn't long after that Frank would rise.

When they were settled in bed, shortly before they fell asleep, Anna laughed quietly.

Goodnight Fuckpuppet.” she giggled.

Jack snorted.

Goodnight Box Girl.”

3