Special Chapter: Obsidian Emperor Advances
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shrieks of terror echoed throughout the crackling flames that spread through the crumbling debris. The Obsidian Emperor, ruler of the Demon Kings and sovereign of the demonic territories, scanned the scene from the window of his litter with satisfaction. But noticing his subordinates’ trembling, he frowned.  

He felt a headache beginning to form and preemptively began massaging his forehead. He still managed to ask, “What is wrong?”

They stood in place and awkwardly shuffled amongst themselves before someone was pushed forward. “Ugh…my liege…” He stuttered and stopped speaking. He looked back at his fellow soldiers. None of them would look at him. 

Trepidation began to take hold but the Emperor asked anyway, “Well, spit it out.” 

His subordinate practically squirmed as he spoke, “They are doing it again…” 

The Obsidian Emperor turned back to the scene and sure enough various fan girls were waving at him and giving him the wrong kind of shrieks. Many of his soldiers were posted along the perimeter and prevented people from getting close. 

Still, one of them leaned forward, through two stiff guards, and waved her shirt at them. “Obsidian Emperor…step on us daddy!” 

‘I wonder if they are big or small…’ The Obsidian Emperor shook his head, ‘That’s not important.’

Rays of light shined down and obstructed the view; it was as the gods above were ready to put a stop to this public indecency.

His subordinate wiped his nose. The Emperor decided to ignore this, but he couldn’t stop from scrunching his face at the man. It was guilt. He knew he had shamelessly pondered about their size. How could he judge the man when he himself had such a deprived mind. He wanted to lock himself away… maybe the metal bars would save him from his wife’s wraith…

The soldier saw his facial expression as a sign of displeasure, and so he struggled to get some words out. “What she means is…what I mean is… it is because you're so handsome, strong, majestic, and…”

The Emperor cut him off. “Enough.” 

The Emperor thought it was pointless to state facts that everyone knew to be true. That said, this was a little much. He could see one of his men drag the one who just spoke away but the soldier seemed fearful. 

“Yes… bind me up… and…” 

‘I’m sorry…’ The Emperor could only close his eyes as such events played out. Perhaps, it was just how the universe worked. Give and take. This was his punishment for being so handsome?

Ultimately, the cries died down as the soldier gagged the woman. But perhaps that only excited her. Her muffled cries continued to echo out. The Emperor refused to open his eyes; at least, he would give it a minute. He could do that much, right? He could feel his men stare into him. 

‘Just a moment… please…’

He peeked open his eyes. It wasn’t just the women; there were other groups that he seemed to be popular with. The elderly waved at him kindly, the youth seemed to be burning with ambition, and various muscular men seemed to flex at him as if he was their comrade in arms. 

The Emperor continued to rub his forehead and sighed. “Well shoo them all away.”

“Well the Holy Order seems to be protecting them and…”

“Spit it out…”

“They are asking for your autograph.” 

“God damn it!” He looked towards the sky but got no answer. “Did we at least find out where the youngest went?”

“Sorry…the rumors have proven to be false.”

‘How many years has it been…’ He thought back on the youngest. He was always different. 

‘But, didn’t I raise you right? Is it really my fault? No, it doesn’t matter if it is my fault. She will still beat me. So, why did you leave? No, I don’t care. Just please, come back? Why do I have to suffer?’

Frowning, he turned back towards the scene in front of him with listless eyes and muttered to himself, “My wife is going to kill me….”

His eyes grew dark. “Well, I’ll just burn everything down.”  

The subordinate who had been dragged forward previously looked at another person, who had been silent up until that moment. It was the main advisor. A lifeless sigh left the advisor’s body; he truly didn’t want to be dragged into this but realized he had to step forward. 

“You can’t do that your majesty. Most of these people will be your future subjects. Not to mention the costs…not only would the Empress lecture you further but so would the personnel belonging to the Ministry of Finance. Think about your people!”

“I was joking.” The Emperor’s voice was filled with displeasure. “Well…half joking.”

***

It would take awhile because of unforeseen variables, but ultimately the Obsidian Emperor would take over the city. The citizens that wished to leave were safely escorted away and handed over to the Holy Order of the Human Kingdoms, while the citizens that wished to stay were welcomed into the demonic territory. As for the problem cases…they were sent away in coffins marked with the tag: “To be sent to the nearest temple for revival.”

But the Emperor would not have a good time as the Empress would lecture him all night long. He wasn’t truly beaten, but he was like a scolded puppy left to whimper after disappointing their master. 

 

2