CHAPTER 31 /side story #3 (unnamed senator)
232 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The round room full of wooden benches with desks and a personal rifle holder for each senator. All power came from authority and authority comes from force or the threat of it, every one in this empire knew that. So it was important for symbolism sake that every senator was armed with at least a handgun but rifles and shotguns were also acceptable. Still it wasn’t legal to kill each other over policy difference, at least not normally. I like every other senator loved the wealth and power I held, so I and every one else here knew that there were certain thing we couldn't pass if we wanted to keep it.

This new senator that was voted in was unbearable since he was more of a liar then the rest of us, his act never worked. Every one saw through it even the poor's and slaves, still he never admitted his true self. He was a wanna be tyrant who wanted to increase government power, thinking with enough force his plan would work. He really thought he could disarm the common person and every thing would be fine, his plan was assuming the military would do as we told. He never really understood that people in the military hated us and would gun us all down if needed, but that wasn't the worst part. His act of caring for the commoner and saying we needed to do more for them, he just wanted excuses to expand government power.

No one liked him, not even those who he claimed to want to protect and as a result was bound to never get re elected. Still that same stupid act never left, maybe he thought if he just tried harder to fool people he could get re elected and get more power. Honestly I don’t really know but I wish he would just drop dead or get poisoned so I would never have to hear him again. To bad it was his turn to speak, I would just ignore him and hope he would be quick.

“Hello, I know you don’t want to be here but please listen and I have some common sense laws every one can support.” he said. The room was dead silent with every one looking away or talking with others, still he kept that fake smile on.

“I think a gun registry would benefit this empire since It would help lower crime and…..” he continued before he was interrupted by a female senator.

“Shut up, we all know your true motivation behind this you lying bastard. Plus no one would follow this law, the military would never enforce it and is to close to breaking the whole system. If for some reason this even worked you would next look to disarm the commoner and you will deny that is your motive. Of course trying to disarm the general population would not end well for any one and we would have no support in the effort from anyone.” she told him while finally that fucking smile went away, at least for now.

“No, listen……” he managed to say before me and other senators surrounded him. He tried to stop us but we all grabbed him and carried him near a large open window.

“This isn’t…..” he tried to tell us as we tossed him out the window and on the ground below. We were on the first floor so he wouldn’t die from the fall, but he was in pain. A near by guard walked over and pissed on him while he couldn’t move, we all laughed at him. One of the senators that tossed him over tossed a large wooden stamp at him and hit his head.

He got up and was not injured but was clearly in pain, he was slowly walking back in to the senate floor. When he finally came back in his back was dirty and smelled like piss, no one said anything and we moved on to other matters. Ironically this same senator had his own personal AK with him at our meetings, I wasn’t surprised.

 

How to write about politics in a story while making it not boring, wouldn't real politics be fun if politicians were tossed out windows. 

 

Should i have Dan, Lin and Sam have a threesome at some point?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
2