CHAPTER 37
172 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We woke up early the next morning and I got up out of bed, holding my leash so it didn’t make to much sound as I coughed a little. Master was still sleeping so I got dressed while working around the chain, he had to unlock it because I didn’t have the key. Honestly walking around was annoying with this thing but I went over to the tiny kitchen sink to wash out my mouth.

“Morning Lin, lets get that off you.” Master told me as he got up and got dressed. He then unleashed me and we got ready to go somewhere today, Master told me the doctor was later today. We ate a breakfast of canned meat then left for the day, we walked for a while until we were in front of metal building. Odd since this was a wealthy city were wood was standard, “Master, where are we?” I asked.

“The empires best information broker and gatherer, that lady from yesterday was weird so I want to find out more about her. He owes me so I wont have to pay him, something was off about her.” he told me.

“We could visit her gallery.” I told him.

“Yeah, but this is less annoying.” he responded.

We walked up to a heavy door and master pressed a button and said to let him in, surprisingly they opened right away. We walked in and the inside was a little beat up, then we finally walked up to a large desk. The man had long dirty hair and wore a beat up suit with no tie or shoes, “Well you finally came to visit me, plus your new slave I have heard about is with you. She was a great steal for 100, slavers are to impatient.” he told Master.

“How did you know my price?” I asked.

“Easy, I know a lot about people.” he told me, at least he called me a person.

“This lady is weird and I want to know more about her and this business partner she told us about. You owe me so I’m not paying you.” Master told him as he handed him the card she gave us.

He walked away and for 30 minutes we waited, Master and I talked for most of it. Finally he came back with a puzzled look on his face, “This woman is something else, follow me to my office so we can talk.” he told us. We followed him to his messy office, we all sat down and he began to speak.

“First let me introduce myself to Lin, I’m Henry Odonovan. Now on to her, she is a special case and I have had a few like her before but not many. She appeared out of nowhere 2 years ago, and there is nothing on her at all before that. Now I know most people born in this empire are not recorded at birth and very little is known about most peoples childhood but still. Normally there are stories of people knowing about them or seeing them once or twice, like i have heard some stories about Dan here. I cant confirm them as true but they confirm him being a child in this empire. Later in his life there is more official records and proof. But unlike most people I cant find any reference to her before 2 years ago, clearly she grew up well off so there should be something.” he told us.

“You think she came from an affair from some wealthy family and she was raised secretly then booted out?” Master asked.

“Well her name is weird, unless she made it up herself.” He responded.

“Anything else?” Master asked.

“Well one time she was so mad about us dumping our trash in the water, she moved on though. She said that what if its causing issues elsewhere we haven’t discovered yet, odd since we will probably never expand that far.” he finished.

Odd thing for some one in this empire to think of, no one else has complained clearly. Could she be from another part of this planet, still there was no evidence only just suspicion. Master then asked about the business partner.

new photo i took myself with my phone then added effects.

 

 

2