CHAPTER 40
174 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We Just stayed in the boat for the rest of the day and after another dinner of canned meat we went to bed. How did he not get sick of this stuff, after I got in bed I thought about something that confused me. When Master was being attacked today by that drunken women I instantly ran to stop her, and I wasn’t scared. I would think that I would be reminded of my mom and panic, since she was an older drunken woman acting really aggressive. I wasn’t complaining but why did I stay so calm, all I can think of is that saving Master took priority. Since he was very important to me and I wanted to stay by his side. The spot on my leg that was filled in got very itchy, wasn’t sure if this was common but luckily it stopped.

Both of us woke up at the same time and got ready for the day, first we went to the deck and the boat Master radioed for earlier came. A small boat with a tank taking up most of the boat, after refueling we went back inside. Then both of us cleaned the deck and it took us about 2 hours, I hated this but at least he helped. Then we left to go some where else, he never told me where we were going but still I didn’t care.

“After that hag tried to kill me yesterday I decided were going to cross the wall today.” he told me as we left the boat for the day.

“The wall?” I asked.

“The wall that separates the two half's of the city, the other half is less pretentious. Its more like home than this money pit.” he told me.

It was a long walk to get there and a tall metal wall with some openings in it was in front of us, we walked through the opening passed the guards. They stared at us as we walked through and suddenly it was like being back home, it was funny. Despite being run down it was more welcoming to me, we walked for a bit longer then walked in front of a wall. The door bell was rung and the door was opened by a woman in a blue robe who let us in. we walked in to an open court yard with a statue of the blue robed man, fire pits surrounded it and blue robed people walked around. One of them walked up to us and spoke to Master, “What brings you here today Neptune’s traveler?”. He was an older man with a long beard and a little shorter than me.

“I came to visit and pay tribute, as I have had great success lately and wish to thank Neptune.” was his response.

“Very good follow me.” Master was told.

We walked to the statue and there was a bowl of water on a stone table, Master got a knife handed to him and slit his wrist and blood dripped into the bowl. After 30 seconds his wrist was bandaged and the bowl was tossed on the statue, after that we left and walked around. Then we walked back to the boat, I asked master why the Neptune shrine was in the poorer part of the city.

“Because the wealthy don’t want it around and there more welcomed here.” he told me.

“Lin I want your opinion on something, why do you think gold and silver are thought of as valuable even though you cant do anything with it. Tool, bullets, fuel, food and bandages all serve a purpose yet gold and silver are still seen to be worth more?” he asked.

“I think the point is only to show off wealth so no other reason is needed, its not capable of being actually good for anything practical.” I told him.

“Yeah I think something similar, its funny how something so useless can be valued.” he told me.

We got back to the wall and the guards scowled at us but did nothing else and we walked back to the boat. The rest of the days in this city were spent working on the boat, I would help out when I could but Master did the more complicated work like on the engine. The days were almost all work but I liked watching him work and I would ask questions through out, he always told me what he was doing. I was growing to hate canned meat, even salted fish sounded nice. Granted that food brought back bad memories but still, I continued to only hear music in Latin when we rested sometimes. Finally it was the second to last day, tomorrow Sam returned and we would leave. My leg was still itching badly and I didn’t know why.

 

 

1