CHAPTER 51
131 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dan, here is your proof of rank.” we were told as Dan was handed the same jacket and put it on.

“It fits fine, I’m grateful its short sleeved. When the wind dies it gets so hot I don’t want to imagine wearing long sleeves.” he then added.

“Was there a long sleeve version?” I asked.

“Yes a long time ago but enough people complained that it was hot and uncomfortable, plus the uniform for higher ranking personal was more formal at same time. So when you got promoted you were punished with a worse uniform that didn’t do anything better, cost more and was terrible to wear. So they changed it to what I wear now, some people even refused promotions to keep there more comfortable uniform. Enough people refusing promotion was an issue as well.” he told me. I liked the culture here even more now, why waste time with formal clothing. It wasn’t wrong that it was just more expansive and worse to wear.

I was sick of asking questions but one thing was still bothering me so I had to ask, “I want to ask something, why does the contracted ship thing even happen?”.

“Without a huge military and the need to keep boats ready when needed, plus routine patrols still need to happen. So privately owned boats can temporary join military and help with missions, it helps us out a lot.” he then responded to me.

“Thank you sir.” I replied back

“Now lets go see the base commander, Commander third class Hansen.” we were told as the General locked his door and walked us over to the guy in charge of this base. I now could see the walls that blocked base from the rest of the cities water streets, there were gates to both the side walks and for boats. I assumed there was some fencing below the platform that stopped people from sneaking in.

The largest building around the docks was coming up so I thought that would be the base commanders building but it wasn’t. We walked behind the buildings right on the water to a smaller one behind them and the General knocked on the door. We were let in and there was a room full of desk and record keeping, going to the elevator in the back the General typed in a code then called it down. We got on and it went to the 3rd floor, there was one more above us but clearly that was for something else. Then we all walked into a large office with just like the Generals but it also had flags and paintings on the wall.

“Sir, you requested to see him after he came to me. Everything is done and he is ready to help with the mission.” the General said while now acting less casual.

“Thank you, you can go now. I wont need to talk with them for long.” he was told then he took the elevator down.

“Long time since we have seen each other, after you volunteered in the war you worked with us 2 more times. But we only saw each other that one time after you saved him, I have heard more about you since then. Granted you have become hated by lots of people as well as earned good reputation for yourself. You didn’t have a slave last time either.” the Commander told us.

His white skin was contradicted by a lot of purple spots, especially on his arms. He got it bad, he was actually cleanly shaved with short hair. I also saw a red bar code with an x through it and a wolf mark like mine but red. He was a former military slave himself, I didn’t think freed slaves would want to stay in the military. I also saw he still had a mark around his neck, that made me think about how I would have marks myself whenever I got this fucking thing off.

“You have done well yourself, you were pack leader yourself back then. That aside is this a personal meeting or related to the job?” Dan responded.

“Personal, I wanted to see you again. I see you still have that same surplussed boat still, I love how despite how bad that boat was at most things there still in use for roles that it was never meant to fill. The f1125 series, yours is an a2 model. It was meant to be cheap and fast for scouting purposes then if enemy's were found it would turn and run away while reporting contact. For better speed the only part that sticks out above water is aerodynamic and the deck has nothing on it even if falling off is easy. That was the intended design but then the military demanded the weapons mounting point in the front killing the whole aerodynamic thing.” he told us.

“I learned that there was supposed to be a third floor with 2 mounting points and openings facing bow and stern but that added to much cost.” Dan continued.

“Yeah so one was added up front even if now the stern is blocked so the ship cant shoot behind it, because a scout ship would never have to shoot behind it. Plus why the back of the ship, if the cockpit was near the front the whole issue could be avoided. Still the military had that as a requirement for design submissions so it happened. Only good thing was that that boat can go fast, normally its speed is standard but the turbo mode makes its one of the fastest boats that are not speed boats. Still no boat has beat it there but still it has so many issues.” the Commander continued.

“Except that turbo mode burns threw fuel way to fast and adds a lot more maintenance and is costly to keep working. The a1 increased the turbo speed then the a2 did that even more, the a1 was already pushing it.” Dan then said.

“The ff47 replaced it, and the naming system was restarted and changed a little.” the Commander finally finished all this boat talk.

“So, with the lupus commander looking to retire soon you looking to try and get the rank yourself?” Dan then asked.

“Once he steps down and the second in command takes over temporarily, then the process will start. Almost every commander third class and the commander second class herself will be trying to be at the top. The process is slow and will take 4 months if there is no delays but there always is. Anyways nice chatting but I need to get work done and there is no one at this base to tell me to get back to work so I have stop myself. Ill punch the elevator code in for you.” he finished then we left and walked back to the General's office.

“Do you know him well?” I asked.

“No, but I don’t hate him. Still didn’t want to chat casually either but he made it quick so it was fine.” he told me then we finished walking back.

“How was it?” we were asked as we entered.

“Okay, it was over fast at least. He was nice it was just unnecessary.” Dan told him.

“Well he wanted that so I did as ordered, sorry about that. Now ill tell you about the plan I have, its the best I could come up with for this thing. Of course I need to act completely confident when giving orders during this operation.” he told us then pulled a rolled up piece of paper that was leaning against the wall and put it down on the table after moving the wooden boats. After getting 2 pistol mags from the desk to hold each side of the paper down, he went over the plan.

“No one has gone after something like this before so every one including myself going to kill this thing will be testing my plan to see if it will work. So the fleet will travel in a semi circle formation so we can more easily surround it. The inside of the half circle will be forward. Then with harpoons, bullets and artillery we bleed it out as quickly as possible, then some of the smaller ships will get closer. All they have to do is keep moving and shooting while avoiding taking damage, easier said then done I know.” he told us as he got the wooden ships he took off the table then left for more of them.

“At the back of the semi circle formation will be my ship the Salty Bitch, then next on the right will be the Rusty Trident. After that will be seafood deluxe, in between the Salty Bitch and Rusty trident will be the Little Trident. Its a ff 47 the first of the smaller boats going, then in between the Rusty Trident and Seafood Deluxe will be your ship and the Hades Lady. Hades Lady is a contracted ship like yours then going left from my ship is Neptune's Penetrator. In between those ships is the Water Spirit, its a smaller version of the standard military ship. Its called a f400 and the standard large ship is a f300, next is the Water Wolf. In between the Penetrator and water wolf will be 2 more f300s, one privately owned called the Sun Ray. The other is a military vessel called Blood Waves, my f300 is a standard model with a mix of small artillery and browning 50 cals on both sides and less on the stern. One large artillery piece in front on the bow, then on top of the cockpit is the same large artillery piece on the bow. The other 4 f300s are the same except armed for a fight like this, so the port and starboard have mounted harpoon guns and 50 cals. Finally the bow mounted artillery piece is replaced with a larger harpoon gun, the f400s are all standard so no harpoons.” he paused while speaking. Lots of interesting ship names and I couldn’t tell if the plan could work. He had moved the wooden boats in formation on the blank map.

“Once it shows up all f300s and 400s will completely circle it and have the port or starboard facing inwards, that leaves the other side able to shoot outwards of the circle if needed. Then your ship, the other contracted fishing boat and the ff 47 will be inside the circle shooting as you move later on. To avoid friendly fire the ships outside the circle will aim at the top of its body. I wish I had more f300s or speed boats but this is what I have to work with, the military is stingy with allowing speed boat use. Makes sense because after 50 hours of use they need a new engine and replacing those takes time. More f1125s or ff47s would be nice to but whatever, of course if something happens I didn’t expect then ill adjust as needed.” he finally finished and all the boats were moved on the table with a pistol round in the middle to represent the creature.

“So ill show you the 2 personal under your command now, follow me.” he told us as we walked out. Finally that was over, I know it was important to know the plan but still that was long. One nice thing about being a slave was a lot of stuff was handled by Dan and I didn’t have to deal with it myself.

 

The Dan and Lin chapters since 44 have have been more serious then 48 had some fun stuff, then 49 was setting up the next part of the story. 50 was pure smut then this chapter was about the plan to kill the totally not a sea monster, So next chapter will be more fun with Lin.

 

Are you happy with the direction that my story has gone and how Lins charecter has changed?
  • Yes on both Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes on one Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No on both Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No on one Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay on both Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay on one Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1