CHAPTER 62
123 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We finished but still sat in the chair, Dan then spoke to me.

“2 things to tell you, first when I go to vote for governor you will stay home since slaves are not allowed at polling stations. Second is with the gladiator games, we will not be working and my friends will be over to watch with us. Don will be coming over and a few more, it will be fun.” he told me.

“When is this happening?” I then asked.

“Not tomorrow but the day after I vote then the following day the games start, there will be lots of drinking with some food maybe.” he said.

“Sounds fun, will I be able to drink as well even if I’m a slave?” I asked.

“Yes you will, my friends wont complain about you having fun like every one else. The Miles arena always puts on a good show so have fun and don’t fear my friends.” he reassured me.

“Wait I thought that Miles was…….” I went to ask but he interrupted.

“Yes the most hated emperor in our history but his father named the arena after him and we won’t change the name. Even if the person like Miles is hated later, a name of somewhere or a statue will not change or be taken down.” I was told.

“Why?” I then asked.

“Because we know of nothing from the pre impact world so we refuse to take down or rename anything in an attempt to preserve our history. We can at least stop our history from being lost.” he told me.

I never thought about that but it didn’t effect me so why think about it.

“Come on, your going to help me with the boat for the rest of the day.” he told me.

We looked over the boat for damage we missed and did a general look over, I cleaned the deck as well. This did take a long time but he wanted to get it done now, after we were done the sun was setting and it was time for dinner. I was hungry since we had not eaten anything all day, I helped Dan cook by handing him stuff and other minor task. I was amazed he could cook since I didn’t think he would have such a skill, I had asked him why he didn’t use this skill more. He told me that it was cheaper to buy the canned meat and pre packaged salted fish than cook so he choose not to cook to save money in the past.

He finally finished and we sat down to freshly cooked food, it was rice only but that was fine. I was happy that we were cleaning the pans after dinner because cooking while hungry only made me want food more. I hadn’t thought about eating rice without a spoon, I had gotten used to eating with my hands but rice was not ideal for this method. Still I was hungry enough not to care and ate it all, after eating Dan asked me how I liked it.

“It was really good, your a good cook. I would like for you to cook more, its nice to eat food that’s not canned.” I responded.

“Well you deserve this meal for all the hard work you did, remember to have fun when watching the games. It helps to relax and have fun after such a job.” he told me then got up to give me my usual head pats.

“Can I sleep with you tonight?” I then asked.

“Yes that’s fine.” I was told.

After helping with cleaning up from cooking I sat in my room for a bit until Dan called me, I came in to his room and he was in his under wear. I stripped down to my underwear and we went to sleep, no sex tonight but I still preferred sleeping with him. He played with my body for a few minutes before actually going to sleep.

He got up early so he waked me up as well, I made a fuss then he pulled me up by my collar as usual. After getting dressed I was told we were going fishing today, we got on the boat and left for the day. Finally I was sitting on the turret again, it was nice to be fishing for squids again compared to what sea life I had recently seen. After 2 minutes of waiting our prey came up and I wasn’t expecting to respond like I did, but I panicked.

I froze for a few seconds, my body was frozen while I struggled to do anything and I didn’t know why I felt this way. It was just a squid fish and It couldn’t hurt me from there, all I had to do was shoot the harpoon and it would be killed. I stopped panicking after those few seconds then suddenly I got aggressive and instinctively pulled the trigger for the machine gun, I just fired not thinking about anything else. Then suddenly the turret had its power cut off and the gun stopped firing, I now saw I was visibly shaking. The fish was dead and full of holes, bloody water around its corpse then the boat started to move until it stopped a minute later.

Dan came out and told me to get off, I didn’t know if he was mad but I did get down and looked away from him. I was ashamed at myself for losing it like that but I still didn’t know what this feeling was, plus I was shaking still.

“I’m sorry Master I don’t know what happened back there I just…” I was telling him while crying a little until I felt him patting my head.

I looked up and he didn’t look upset at all, “first stop crying and then calm down, I’m not mad at you so don’t worry.” he then told me.

“What is happening right now? I felt both scared and aggressive back there even though I’ve done that before. I don’t understand.” I then hugged him not knowing what to do.

“Its okay, the last job we did clearly traumatized you enough that you could have a response like that.” he told me.

“Lets go in and I’ll tell you more.” he continued and we walked upstairs.

“I just..” I tried to say something but failed.

“You responded to the fish rising out of the water, you remembered those things we killed and I think one part in particular. When one of its ends rose suddenly out of the water near our ship, I was scared as well. You responded thinking that threat was present and so you went full fight mode after freezing up, its a normal response after something like that. I think I explained that correctly, I’ve seen it before.” he told me then asked if I wanted to keep trying.

“Yes, I don’t want to be a victim to my own memories ever again. I don’t care if they are old or new, lets keep going if I fail again then we can go home.” I told him.

I went back on and we tried again, I was on edge now but was trying to remain calm and another one showed up. I froze like last time but was able to stop myself from panicking, I pulled the correct trigger even though I had to stop for 1 second to check what trigger I was pulling.

After hitting the squid fish I calmed down a little, then Dan spoke to me. “Good job, you stayed calm. I’ll be down to get our catch.” I was told. He opened the cargo doors then we pulled it in, we caught 3 more and headed back.

We went to Dons place and they took our catch, Don came to us to pay Dan then he spoke to us.

“How have you been?” he asked.

“Good but a lot has happened, I’ll tell you about it when you come over for the games. She has been a great help and managed to learn a lot since you last saw her.” Dan told him.

“Yeah I’ve been busy, its to much to tell you here.” I added while smiling a little, I did like it when he praised me.

“Also why is it that every year the gladiator games party is at my house? You have a bigger house than me and a bigger tv.” Don was asked.

“Well you see I like your house better, plus when your house is where you work a lot of the time its nice to leave it.” Dan was told.

“Fine, as usual your wife wont show up.” Dan continued.

“She has her own friends she wants to watch them with.” he told Dan.

After that the conversation finished we left and headed home, we had left early in the morning so it wasn’t dark out yet. The sun was about to start setting as we got in the house, it was more rice that was from yesterday for dinner. It was cold but that was fine then we went to watch tv I thought but we actually listened to music playing on the tv. No video played but I wasn’t paying attention anyways since I just liked being held by him. After 2 hours of this we went to sleep and I slept in his room again, I was going to ask to have this happen every night.

 

1