CHAPTER 73
290 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What the fuck, at least I killed him quick and painlessly but that was a cruel way to kill a slave. Still I tried to not act shocked and said nothing as the bloody screen was put back on the table as the man smiled, the old man was laughing. At least Ryan and Dan didn’t appear to enjoy this and then Ryan spoke.

“Well since we are done with this test can I take the 2 of them to another room and tell them the details now? Sir you can go back to your office, I can handle things from here.” he then said.

“Fine, ill leave the rest to you.” he was told then Mr Osullivan and the other man left. We then walked out to the hall and followed him to another room.

We were silent until we entered, “I’m sorry that you had to watch a slave get killed like that, the way Lin killed that one was fine except on our ears. But smashing the head in like that was uncalled for and a bloody mess, rather unpleasant but my boss is rather disturbing at times.” we were told.

“Its fine, I know you had no say in what happened.” Dan responded.

I was happy to hear him say that as I would have rather shot her myself if it meant not having to see such a thing. I knew Dan already hated what we saw but it was nice to hear him say that, granted I didn’t want to kill more slaves but if there going to die anyways I would rather do it if it meant avoiding that sight.

“Please sit down, both of you. I will now finally get to the job details, you would think that would be the first thing to do.” Ryan continued and we all sat at the large table.

“So a few month ago the Grand Water faction witch you know is made of 3 powerful families wanted to raise the Empires tax on the sale of metal by 2 percent, that would hurt this city a lot and after weeks of work in the senate it didn’t happen.” he finally started telling us what the fight was over.

“The Grands were not happy as an increase in taxes would help fund exploration of unknown waters to see if there was more islands that are unclaimed. Of course raising taxes is never easy to do and picking this city to be the main target was there approach, I wont go into the ongoing debate of if expansion is worth even considering or not. As the majority see it as just more territory to protect and money wasted while some want to increase the Empire’s borders so we have more domestic resources. They forget we could invade and claim the entire Andrewian territory if we wanted to but its in the Empires best interest not to so expansion elsewhere seems to be a bad idea. Plus our population and military don’t just increase in size as we get new territory.” he continued and Dan yawned.

“They then wanted to buy something from this city but we legally stopped the transaction until they would agree to not call on tax raises that would hurt here. Finally they agreed to talk things over with us after holding out, they did refuse to come here to talk saying they were above coming to such a place.” we were told as this continued on, this briefing hadn’t been going on long but I was already bored.

“So we have to come to there city to talk things over.” he finally finished.

“Are we ready to get going now?” Dan asked.

“Yes we are I just need to tell you one more thing I forgot to say.” Dan was told and he rolled his eyes.

“Part of the negotiations will involve me attending a party so you will be outside of the event just in case your needed and I will be bringing one of the families slaves with me.” Ryan told him.

“That’s fine, now come on Lin lets get going.” I was told.

“Yes Master.” I responded as we left.

On our way out the same man who monitored that slave talked to Dan, “So a man with your reputation and status cant find a women so you bought one instead?”.

“What are you implying?” Dan responded with his tone changing.

“That one reason you bought her was to act like a girlfriend stand in, why else would you have a tiny girl helping you out. You could have purchased a stronger slave even if they were female.” Dan was told.

“she was cheap and had the right attitude for my line of work. I have trained her as needed and she has done great. Sex with her is just a bonus but I don’t have an emotional connection with her.” He responded.

I just did nothing to help hide the truth from this man, I wanted to help him right now but that might reveal something.

“That’s the only reason?” he still asked Dan.

“Yes, now fuck off.” Dan told him and we left.

We finally got to our boat and he patted my head, “Good girl Lin, I know a lot happened back there but you did great. Keep it up and once this job is over you can act normally around me again.” I was told.

“Thank you Dan, I’m hoping ill forget how that slave was killed but I know I wont.” I responded.

“Yeah me to, that was uncalled for. Funny joke but that was disgusting.” he told me.

I had a medical procedure this week and had to recover so this weeks chapter is shorter, for 2 days or so i just slept  and couldn't really look at or read anything. I'm not happy with how short it is but its all i can do this week.

 

0