CHAPTER 78
112 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we finally left the store we didn’t go back to ship as I was expecting, instead I followed him somewhere else. It was a casino that took up a whole block, before we entered Dan spoke to me.

“I don’t gamble with money, I gamble my life with some of the jobs I take but that is different. I’m coming here for something else, you’ll find out soon.” I was told and we went to enter.

We got to the front desk and I had to put a tag on my collar with the words customer owned slave written on it. It was so I wasn’t mistaken for the slaves who were owned by the casino, I guess in the past other peoples slaves were mistaken as such. They probably got beaten for not listening to the staff then there owner got mad that this place hurt them, that was my guess but I didn’t actually know.

After that we went to a door with a counter on the left where some one asked Dan how many chips he wanted to buy, he then responded.

“What is the smallest amount I can buy, I’m not planing on playing to much.” he told them.

“40 chips.” he was told.

“Then I ill take that.” he told him and then payed for 40 plastic I think chips in different colors.

They were put in a plastic box and I was told to carry them, finally entering the main room there was tables with various card games and other kinds going on. This was cool to see a live casino in action, back on my home planet it was all online gambling. I had heard and read about places like this and it was cool so see, also while this place looked fun I knew it wasn’t just happiness and excitement.

One thing I then realized was no one talked down to Dan here, even when he bought the minimum amount of chips needed to enter. As we walked in there was no one giving us looks or watching us, and the people who worked here just treated us like any other customer. Well Dan was treated like that, I was ignored but still. I guess the owner just wanted money so he didn’t care who entered as long as they bought chips, it was funny but greed made a place for all social classes.

We walked through the loud and busy floor until reaching the corner of the room where 2 people stood outside a door blocked by a low barrier. Walking through the only opening I now stood with Dan near the door and the 2 guards, there rifles communicated the message clearer than any sign.

“He wants to see me, I was messaged the password. You two are fugly bastards, that’s the password.” Dan told them.

“I will see if you are correct or are getting you face beaten by my rifles stock.” one of them responded.

“Hey some one just walked up here and talked shit to me, supposedly its a password” he picked up a phone wired to the wall and told the mysterious man on the other end.

I didn’t get why no one was using his name, was his identity not meant to be known to most people. This was weird but Dan knew what he was doing, I trusted him but still this was scary pissing off people guarding some one important. I just stood there hiding how terrified I was, I hoped we would enter soon.

“Okay got it, ill let him know. Your clear to enter, I was ready to beat you and your slave. Actually I might have some fun with her after beating you but I can’t so get going already.” we were told. I was both happy to be cleared but his comment did scare me, I was Dan’s girl not his.

“If you hate what I said complain to him after I leave. Hes probably laughing right now, want me to give him a response?” Dan asked him.

“Yeah, be a shame if the door was left unlocked one day.” the other person told us finally speaking.

“Sure I will let him know.” she was told and we entered a small hall way with several doors and walked to the farthest one. We entered and it was Henry odonovan still laughing at his desk, the suit he wore was still in rough shape. His office was nice but had no windows, also he was still not wearing shoes.

“Glad to see your having fun, I was told buy one of your guards that it would be a shame if the door was accidentally left unlocked.” Dan said to greet him and he stopped.

“Okay Lin now ill tell you why I gave you no details when entering, not many people know who does this job on purpose so when your called here your asked not to say his name. He is responsible for Intelligence and information at this place, this is his second part time job.” he told me.

“Nice to see you to, is that how you treat a friend?” Henry asked him.

“Its how I’m treating you.” Dan told him.

“So Lin how have you been, Dan’s taken you many places since I last saw you.” he then asked me.

“Good, its been a lot but I’m used to following him in whatever situation he gets into.” I told him.

Then my head was patted and I smiled, “Yeah she has been a good girl, we even got to learn together about new stuff.” Dan said.

“So before we get to the subject at hand I need to ask. I entered as if I intended to gamble to hide our meeting, so here are my chips so can I get the amount I payed back?” he asked.

“Yeah Lin give me the chips and then give Dan the coins on the desk.” I was told.

“I’m not your property so you cant tell me what to do.” I said to mess with him.

“Can you give me the chips and then give Dan the coins on the desk or Dan can you ask her to do that?” he continued while Dan looked entertained.

I then did as asked and Dan asked to get to why he was asked to come here, and Henry told us “So Dan my boss asked you to come so I could tell you about a job he wants to hire you for.”.

“So I’m already on a job now so it will have to wait until my current one ends, but if its right now then I can’t. Also I wont tell you anything about who hired me or anything else, so don’t ask.” Dan responded.

“Listen I know that, you wouldn’t tell that to others who don’t need to know and be unprofessional, and defiantly not around me. So just listen and you can contact me later if you decide to want this job.” Henry told him.

“Fine then, tell me and ill think about it.” He was told.

“This place will let people bet stuff they own if there a wealthier individual who are invited to special games and they don’t need to bring said item to the game. The loser deals with giving the bet item later after the game, and these bets are legally binding. So this places owner won something big and expensive, it needs to be transported to this city. I wont say were its shipping from unless you take the job to travel with the shipping vessel and stop any attackers who want to steal it.” we heard.

“So will there be a good chance that it will be attacked or are we there just in case? Any other info I cant hear right now but I feel that’s a fair thing to ask.” Dan then asked.

“Okay that I can tell you, its likely but still there’s a good chance you wont have shoot anything. Well at least in regards to humans, remember to contact me if you decide to take it.” he told us and then we left after I got the empty chip case.

We left the casino and on our way out returned the empty box at the desk and I took off that stupid tag, after that we headed back to the ship. We then did nothing but listen to music while siting on the bed together until they came back tonight, I leaned on him while getting a head pat or two. I was enjoying this because once those 2 came back tonight we had to stop and the sun was just starting to set. I had lost track of how long we had been sitting here.

I may upload another chapter between today and next Friday, but I may not.

 

0