CHAPTER 84
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well now we have to behave ourselves and not cause trouble but we cant enjoy the party ourselves.” Dan told both of us. I found being around B33 so weird right now as all three of us were now surrounded by enemies for awhile as Ryan left to try to make any more small political gains he could.

“Getting to see the head of the Murphy family and his daughter get talked to like that by you Lin was so funny and awesome. Given what happened they couldn’t argue or disagree with a slave in that moment, never thought I would see that.” he continued. I didn’t know how to respond while still acting like just a slave in public, but It was cool to get a chance to do that. I wasn’t thinking about that in the moment and I still wasn’t happy with the close call.

“Thanks Master, I um…. It was kinda fun looking back.” I said, saying that in public while true was scary given everyone else present. Dan of course couldn’t help but want to talk about it given everything I guessed, I had to respond even if I was scared to say the wrong thing.

Luckily no one heard us and the food and drinks started to come out, Dan wasted no time once the beer was out and left to get some leaving us behind until he came back. He told me “Lin I will be back after getting something, I don’t think he will act up but you can be in charge of him until I get back.”.

It was now just B33 with me and I was in charge of him apparently, I knew that I wouldn't get to use any of this power. But honestly not being in charge had its benefits and I had grown to like that, Dan handled all money, boat insurance and other stuff that seemed like a pain to be in charge of. I just did as I was told unless certain stuff happened and got taken care of by Dan.

“Its funny to think that 2 slaves could both be without there Masters at this event, even if its only for a few minutes.” B33 told me. I didn’t know what to say and wasn’t looking for small talk with him.

“Why are you talking so casual with me, don’t actually try anything.” I responded while everyone else went to get stuff. I was more interested in looking at the food then talking with him.

“I wont, I remember how you reacted back there. I’m not looking to get in a fight with you, but that being said I have a question for you. Please understand Dan seems like a nice master to you so I’m not commenting on him, its a philosophical question.” I then heard. He was in a talkative mood and given that he was a boy and we were similar ages he might be happy to be around me with no one paying attention. It was funny how he told us about not thinking we were good people as if I cared, but when alone with the girl who killed one of those slaves he is willing to try starting a conversation and over look my actions. Enough time had passed to help him feel the need to try, at least I thought that was his reasoning.

“Okay fine, but don’t try to be to friendly.” I responded, I couldn’t say I already had Dan so I had no interest in him. If I even wanted to or was able to leave Dan but the answer to both was no, still it was better to let him get this out early rather than have him keep it bottled up.

“If you are aloud to be armed but you are legally the same as your weapon, in that your property and not legally free to make your own decisions unless told specifically. Are you a person with a gun or an organic weapon with a tool, compared to some one free and makes there own choices who is armed?” he asked. I thought he was hitting on me but now I wasn’t sure, in regards to my answer I couldn’t think of what to say. Dan didn’t see me as property himself but this was a philosophical question not about us and I did believe him on that. I didn’t think of anything, I couldn’t even think of a response of any kind.

“I cant think of an answer.” I told him.

“I could tell you what I think but I want you to think of your own answer so I wont say anything.” he told me.

“What is your reasoning for asking me that?” I continued.

“Watching you made me ask that myself so I thought I would see what you had to say, remember I am not commenting on you or your Master. Now another question, why are these walls green? A room like this looks weird with that color, maybe trying to be creative or artsy?” he continued.

“Well first off I just reacted as I felt was appropriate for following my Masters orders and remembering what Ryan said. Second thing is green is not a creative color in my view so I cant think of why that was picked but I agree its not the best choice.” I told him and before he could respond Dan was returning with 2 beers and once he got to us told me to turn around so he could put them in the backpack. I wondered if I would get one of them but no reason to think about that now.

“Its only the appetizers out, I never get why the main course cant just be out now but whatever.” Dan told me after he finished.

“Master how much food is being taken right now?” I asked him, nervous already about how much food would be left at the end.

“There will be plenty to pick from, there is way to much for the amount of people here so don’t worry about that. I also want the leftovers myself.” he told me.

As he was about to say something a man entered the room and he spoke over the rooms speakers to every one, every one went silent as he started to speak.

“Hello to all our welcomed guest, now please no talking while I introduce the leaders of the Grands.” he told everyone.

Nice of him to welcome only the welcomed guest and not us, Dan laughed to himself at that.

Sorry but this chapter will be really shorter than normal, I have felt weird these past few days so I haven't been able to get in a writing mood as easily. But last week was a really long one(that’s what she said) so that kind of makes up for it and I still don’t intend to miss an upload, now I need to complain to you all about my small electric space heater. Ever hear about schorinders cat, well I get schorinders heater you never know if it will work until you try to turn it on. It works great for days but then wont turn on for a day then will go back to working, its not broken but goes on strike sometimes. I think it may be french made but I’m not sure as it hasn’t surrendered, still electric heaters are bad for electric bills so 1 hour at most for running it normally but luckily I also have propane.

 

0