V1 Rewrite. Ch 1. Dead Slow Ahead
3k 8 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The prologue is located in the prequel novel, since it is essentially the V1 from there.

Have I misheard him?

To choose what kind of ship I am going to be?

Of course my choice will be the carrier! I will bomb everything while remaining safe.

“Aircraft carrier is my choice.”

“Understood, kid. If you will find that your choice is too much for you, I might change your ship.”

“I doubt it will be necessary.”

“Farewell. Don't die again.”

[Yeah, I will do my best to avoid such pleasure…]


I opened my eyes somewhere in a forest. Maybe even in the same forest where...

Better not to think about that.

I looked around and thankfully there was no thing that could remind me of a very bad accident I had not long ago.

I started with checking out my new body.

My hair was long and white, with metal-grey tips. On top of my head were fox ears, from touching which I felt a jolt of pleasure.

On me was a blue kimono with gorgeous white flowers painted on it. The kimono was translucent below the hips. The fabric was light and smooth. Maybe it is silk.

My body is quite slender, with no trace of fat. No traces of muscles too.

That would not be such a huge issue, if not for my flight deck being almost as smooth as a board. Well, at least it should count as 'A'.

A bit higher than my small bottom was a fluffy tail, even two of them. Both tails were with the same white fur and metal-grey tips.

After I checked out myself, I looked for other items. By my side were lying an umbrella, and a lunchbox.

It was the same lunchbox I had before.

There was a sticker on it: 'Meals refresh every 6 hours. They should be enough for you not to die of starvation. Don't expect too much'.

[Thank you?]

I picked up the umbrella, and was greatly disappointed. It was a Japanese-styled paper umbrella, that would be able to only protect me from raining sunlight.


Since I was done with checking out the most evident stuff, I continued with my gear. I am a ship afterall.

[How can I summon it?]

"Erhm... 'Transform'!"

"Ship mode!"

"Fighting mode!"

...

A lot of attempts later.

[Appear on me, for God's sake!]

Finally, I saw something appear.

It was a small board in form of a carrier deck. An angled flight deck with 3 elevators for aircraft, and rails for 4 catapults. There were some antennas and the bridge superstructure.

The problem is, it is completely flat. Like, there is nothing below the deck itself. It is a simple board with some ribbons on it.

Since there is nothing in here, I might as well try searching for something else.

In that game, to see the statistics you needed to choose the ships' 'details'?

"Details."

A bunch of transparent screens appeared in front of me, and what was on them greatly surprised me,

"WHAT THE F*?!"

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - 0/8 installed. Torpedo bombers - 0/16 installed. Dive bombers - 0/6 installed.

[Okay... okay, it could've been worse... I just need to have something to launch from the deck.]

My deck is... here?

Flight deck Ready
Steam catapults

1 - Uninstalled

2 - Uninstalled

3 - Uninstalled

4 - Uninstalled

Arresting wires Uninstalled

[Okay... I will have to use the guns for now. It's fine... Everything is fine...]

"WHAT THE F*?!"

"WHY THE F* IS THERE ONLY A RIFLE?!"

Weapon systems  
Main Gun Type 99 rifle
Secondary Guns 0 installed (4 max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 0 installed (8 max)

[It's alright... It's going to be fine... Yeah... For sure...]

Among the panels I found a way to summon a melee weapon - a naginata.

I tried to swing it a couple of times.

The results were... discouraging, to put it in a good way.

I couldn't even hit a tree. A stationary target.

After a dozen attempts I finally hit the tree but the naginata was kicked out of my hands, and the pole hit my little cute foxy face.

"Uwaaaaa!!!" I could only cry from my disappointment and misery.

When I stopped crying, I continued training.

30 minutes later I managed to make myself cry out of misery again.

I hit the tree only ONCE, while the naginata either flew out of my hands, or hit me, or I simply tripped on its pole.

"Just why do you hate me so much, God?"

After I finally disappointed in my weapons, I continued looking through the details.

Until I found a new reason to cry.


IJN Fuji - CV. Level 0/7.

FP – Firepower – 0/100

FP shows how much damage your main and secondary guns can do.

AA – Anti-aircraft – 0/100

AA shows how much damage your AA guns can do.

AV – Aviation – 0/100

AV shows how much damage your aircraft can do.

RD – Reload – 0/100

RD shows have fast your guns and aircraft reload after attack.

AC – Accuracy – 0/100

AC shows hit chance.

HP – Health Points – 45000

HP shows how much damage you can survive.

EV – Evasion - 31

Rapid deployment. Lvl 1. Tenacity and bravery. Lvl 1. Brave new world Lvl 1.
Starts battle with 5% aircraft in air. Every 30s shows your pathetic firepower: 5% bonus to FP and AA. On activation: launches special airstrike of A1N and B1M. Can be activated every 1 hour.
Naginata mastery. Level 0.
Your pathetic firepower should be coupled with sufficient melee powers. You cannot level up naginata skill even after billion years.

While I was crying and cursing for my helplessness, I remembered that gatcha games love the donations. So I quickly searched for a shop.


Level point – 1 platinum coin.

Upgrade point – 10 gold coins.

Skill upgrade point – 1 gold coin.

Weapon upgrade point – 1 silver coin.


"Oh my, Pay2win is everywhere."

All in all, I am nothing. I have no aircraft, no guns, no way to protect myself. I just hope that my HP pool and armor actually do exist.

"Argh, just let the world burn!"

When I cursed again, small sparks flew out of my hands. I tried doing it again and again, when I managed to make some small fires.

"Wow, I am truly a superior being." With those fires I maybe can protect myself from a mouse.

Looks like I will struggle to survive, until I actually manage to do something about my stats.


In fantasy novels there is one little cliché, when the hero encounters friends/beautiful girl/fellow adventurers being attacked by evil bad monsters. And of course rushes to save them. Let's see if this will happen to me, and how fast will I run away before anybody can spot me.

I can't even protect myself, not to mention anybody else.

Since I have no intention of living in a forest, like a fox, I started heading somewhere to the East. One way or another, searching for civilization starts from searching for anything.

I walked for several hours, and the sun started to set. I was yet to exit the forest, and the looming shadow of wolves killing me again was nigh.

When I almost imagined sleeping under a bush, I found a path. Lucky me.

I noticed that it appeared to be used. Maybe the last person to walk here did that few hours ago. There are broken branches, and pinned down grass.

With this high hope for the bright future, I hurried in the direction I believed the person went. Maybe I can find somebody to lead me to the civilization.

Let the adventures of a fox-girl begin!

37