V1 Rewrite. Ch 6. Always trust your pilots
839 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, have they registered you?" Elina waited for me at the dining area.

"Yes. They must've been surprised to see their precious instructor almost being cut in two!" I deserved my right to brag. I defeated him fair and square, and it didn't even appear like he was holding back.

"Good job out there~!" She was smiling like a mother, whose child just made its first steps.

"Never mind that... Fuji, can you please...?" I glared at her.

[Never. Do. That. Again.]

I dispelled the foxfires, and waited for the second idiot to come back.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I found a good quest for us. ‘Exterminate a group of goblins’ that is just a few hours away from here.” The second idiot was pleased with himself, and forgot that he did nothing in comparison with me.

'Come on, Albert, look at her.' Elina nodded towards me.

Now that I had his attention, I stood in a guts pose.

Though he was confused, he quickly corrected himself, and tried to pat my head. To which he almost got a fist in his face.

"Great job! 'Whatever you did...' (A)

I pretended that I didn't hear the last part.

"Where is the goblin lair?" Elina looked into the information on the quest, and quickly marked it on a map.

"Are we ready to move out? Then what are we waiting for?"

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything?" (A)

"What could I miss?" I was confused.

"You are going to travel wrapped in a bedsheet?" It took me some time to understand what he meant. However, when I got it, I did not hesitate to take the naginata.

Albert… I think those ARE the clothes, and she looks to be displeased with your words… how about you apologize?' (E)

“This is a kimono. Japanese traditional dressing. If you have ANY problems with it, please, [wicked grin] don't hesitate to tell me…” I perfectly heard their little talk.

[Ara, ara, why did those two 'suddenly' start sweating~?]

Since there was nothing more to discuss, and I considered myself ready, we headed out as soon as they picked up their gear.

Now that I had an ID, I could freely come and leave this settlement. As long as I am not followed by those two.

We headed towards the site where the goblins are.


On our way I found an excuse to separate for a while. This 'while' was enough for me to cross a couple kilometers.

I sortied the air group, and started with searching for the goblins. The entire process took around 30 minutes, so the silly fools didn't suspect anything.

"I hope you will not lose consciousness again." Elina looked at me with concern.

"None of your business." I immediately proceeded to move.

On our way I smelled something unusual. It was the smell of something burning.

"Something is burning."

"I remember there was a village nearby. Maybe they slash and burn on the fields?" (E)

"I'm sure they don't. At least not in the middle of the summer!" (A)

"Should we keep going?"

"Of course we must check on them!" Without caring for my opinion, Elina and Albert dragged me with them to the village.

Under another arbitrary excuse I separated from them.

The group of torpedo bombers was lined up at the aft, and prepared to sortie with the bombs.

When my air support was launched, I hurried after the two idiots, who were rushing to the village.

From the information my aircraft gathered, the village was under attack. Once again, I hesitated to intervene, but then I remembered that I may be punished again for idling.

[Drop the bombs, boys!]

The flight separated, and the torpedo bombers entered a slight dive, searching for targets.

They dropped the bombs, and although the damage was minimal, I am sure I heard a 'ding', or two.

By that time the fighters returned too, and I prepared to arm the aircraft for the second sortie.

Meanwhile, I was sorting the reports and what I saw from their view.

I was quite surprised to see that the attackers are humans, and there are a lot of them.

They appeared to be adventurers. My estimation was backed by several unexpected observations.

I clearly saw their leather armor, many different types of weapons and combat classes. They are too diverse to be a group of soldiers and too equiped to be a group of bandits. Also they didn't loot the village. For some reason, they just slaughtered its population. I might actually start to just observe them…

I would have some time to examine the attackers, and maybe even figure out their motivation, but for now I had to hurry and join up with the two stupid adventurers I travel with. If they get themselves killed, I'd had no idea where to go, or how to return.

When the second attack was launched, I hurried towards the village.

By the time I arrived, the aircraft were already trying to help in bolstering the chaotic carnage that was occuring there.

Several small explosions of bomb-sized grenades resonated around the village. With the somewhat successful air attack, I charged into the heat of battle.


As I arrived, I saw how Albert was struggling against another adventurer.

I immediately attacked, and missed both of them. I would be pleased, if I hit both of them.

I continued swinging the naginata, and the best I achieved was tripping over the weapon's pole.

When I looked at the fighting, I noticed that they both stopped, and were just looking at me humiliating myself.

I was charged with fury, and managed to scrape the enemy's arm. That made him very angry.

"Watch out!" (A)

'PING'

The adventurer aimed for my head but Albert's sword blocked him.

I had to become serious, and even pray for my luck.

Now that I was in the serious mode, I managed to chop off the adventurer's arm. It was not enough to take him down, and while I was trying to to fall from tripping, he counterattacked.

"GET THEM!" Meanwhile, more adventurers rushed to us. Albert blocked them, and won me the opportunity to 1v1 the already wounded guy.

All of my puny attempts resulted at most in flesh wounds and scratches. The robustness of the adventurer was surprising, but it was already the time to finish him.

Bang

He only managed to open his eyes in disbelief and slowly trembled. When I stepped back, his lump body fell down. Even with my pathetic stats I somehow killed him.

How I managed to pull this off while having 0 in firepower?

A bomb.

Exactly, a bomb. One of my fighters dropped its bomb on the ground, I lured the enemy towards it. And while pretending to attack with the naginata, I set the bomb's fuse.

I swear, that is exactly how it was!

23