V1 Rewrite. Ch 7. Dawn of the monster
709 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I may've won against one opponent, but the fight was far from being over.

The aircraft that circled above the village reported that the majority of the adventurers started withdrawing.

I found one group of 3 people not far away from here. That much may be handled by me.

"Good luck~!" I waved to Albert, who was having 'fun' time fighting several enemies.

While I was running, I had some time to look around.

The enemies set on fire the entire village, and slaughtered lots of people. It is clear that they were trying not to let anybody survive. The reason is unknown, but I might have a chance at finding out about it from some of the surviving enemies.

I hopped over a bunch of bodies.

[Just how many families have they killed? So brutal, and so stupidly unreasonable.

I can't even imagine why they were doing it. It looks almost like they did it for fun.

Well, I might as well have 'fun' with them. In my way.]

I sneaked closer to the group of adventurers, and saw how they killed a woman in front of children. Then they proceeded to slaughter the screaming kids.

[Just why...? Does it make any sense? Or has any military value? It's just violence for the sake of it.]

I stepped out from my cover, and the adventurers noticed me immediately.

“Drop that spear, girl!”

“You are gonna fight? Ha-ha-ha!

And the third guy just aimed a bow at me.

[Oh my, this is going to be bad. For them.]

I rushed at them, and when I was about to strike, I tripped on the pole. At the same time, the bowman released an arrow, but since I fell, it missed.

It took me quite an effort to approach the adventurers, though they didn't even try to keep me away, and then we started fighting.

'PING'

'Ping'

"What is it, you sorry excuses of men? Never thought I'd be invulnerable?!" I grinned, as their swords did nothing but scratch the paint on the belt.

'Swoosh'

While they were dumbfounded, I swung the naginata, and managed to kill both melee fighters with one slash. Lucky me.

Seeing that I defeated the front line, the bowman started fleeing.

'Pierce'

I had to throw the naginata and pray, and since I am such a nice foxgirl, the gods heard me and my luck-guided naginata hit the running bowman, cutting off his leg.

Please! Spare me!” He shouted, as I approached.

"Did you spare the peasants~?" I smiled, and prepared to interrogate.

“You either tell me who you are and what you are doing here. Or I will start cutting your stomach.

“We were ordered to kill this village… we are just mercenaries!” The blade was positioned for dissection.

PLEASE! I BEG YOU!” The blade touched his skin.

I WILL TALK! I WILL TALK! JUSTSTOP!” For now I stopped cutting him and held my blade.

“The duke ordered us to kill them! We don't know why! Please! Be merciful!

AAARGH!

"I am as merciful, as you were." I didn't feel any pity towards this scum of a human.

And I was not going to just let him die so fast...

While I was crash-testing his leather armor, I remembered that the fight isn't over, and that my poor aircraft are burning their fuel very fast. I can't land them here, so I must hurry to disengage.


After I was done, I hurried to find Elina and Albert. Even if we didn't arrive in time, those two were putting all their efforts into fighting the attackers.

I turned around a corner, and found myself facing two more bad guys.

Immediately, one of them started murmuring something. If I'm right, then his brown cloak must mean he is a mage.

Before he had a chance to use magic at me, I attacked.

My series of attacks was mostly about me fighting against my own weapon's pole, and trying to at least land some hits. Not that I was surprised in any way...

There were no sudden revelations, but I managed to at least interrupt the chanting by hitting the mage with the pole.

Then, the second guy blocked my way, and didn't let me approach the mage, until it was too late.

The mage fired a fireball at me and I sent my foxfire to counter it, the same way one counters fire with fire, because what is burnt cannot be burnt anymore.

As one could expect, it didn't work out the way I expected it to.

Fire reported on the flight deck, the bridge, the bow. Damage control teams were sent

A deep male voice reported the status. I did not die from the fireball but it surely did a lot of damage.

Not only did the fireball damage me, it also angered me to the point I became much more serious about killing them.

"No more fooling around!" Said I, and dashed at the mage. I was parried by his companion.

While the swordsman was busy blocking my naginata, I rapidly pulled it back, and swung the blade at his leg, cutting it off. Then I charged at the mage.

When I was charging past him, the downed bastard grabbed my leg, so, as expected, I fell down.

I barely stood up before he managed to hit me in the back. My arm made a ‘ding’ metal sound which shocked the swordsman.

His shock was imprinted on his face forever, when I pierced his neck with my naginata.

The mage himself was easily apprehended. It was the time to cross-reference the testimonies.

“Speak.”

I will never tell you anything.” Instead of continuing this discussion, I prepared to cut him open.

“…” He remained silent.

So I just started.

NOOOO!

“You have something to say?”

P… please… I have… a… family…

“They too had a family.” I looked at a bunch of dead bodies nearby.

Mo…n..ster…” I only grinned at his declaration.

"I am worse than any monster..." I started dissecting the mage alive.


After I was done with this one, I hurried to Elina and Albert.

They were sitting on the ground by a charred house.

“Hey, Fuji. How are you?” Albert was breathing very fast. He must be tired after all the fighting.

“Fuji, thank God! I was worried about you! Where did you even go?! Alone!" Elina was both relieved to see me, and angry at me. I tried to postpone the scolding.

Did they flee?

And that is her reaction…” (A)

[If he expected more from me, then I can only pity him.]

“Since you returned safely, then we have nothing more to do here…” (E)

"There is something interesting. I interrogated one of them."

Yeah, I heard it.” Well, sorry?

“They were hired by some ‘duke’ guy. Anything rings?

“Yes, but first let's get away from here.” (E)

“Then I will be going first.”

[Just hang in there boys!]

17