V1 Rewrite. Ch 8. When a fox just wants to fool around
667 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I finished my 'private business' I reunited with Elina and Albert.

Before they had a chance to ask what the hell I was doing, I asked them about a more pressing concern.

“So… Who is the duke?

“He is the second most influential person in the kingdom, right after the monarch himself.” (E)

"Then why would he order to slaughter an entire village?"

“This is not his land, so perhaps the landowners got into another feud? His lands border this area.” (E)

“Elina, you surely know a lot about it.

[Su-spi-ci-ous.]

C-come on! We always need to know what the nobles are doing! If something goes bad, we will be the first to suffer! Just give them an excuse, and they may go to war with each other, and we'll be caught in between!" (E)

I pretended to be thinking about it, and in the meantime I checked the stats.

Ding

You received 12 silver coins, 1 level point, Type 99 Secondary gun, 10 upgrade points


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 1/7. (Upgrade cap 40)

FP – 4/100

AA – 1/100

AV – 3/100

RD – 1/100

AC – 3/100

Main Gun Type 99 Rifle
Secondary Guns 1 Type 99 Rifle Installed (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft guns 0 Installed (8 Max)

I suddenly got a little fortune, but I had no idea if I need a lot more.

“Hey, Elina. Can you tell me about the currency?

The woman looked confused.

You won't?” I cutely tilted my head and put a finger close to my mouth.

“Okay, okay. There are 4 types of coins: copper, silver, gold and platinum. 100 coppers equals 1 silver, 100 silver is 1 gold… You get it?” (E)

“Not bad.” Said I, while thinking what should I do with 15 silver in my pocket. I just need 985 silver coins more to buy an upgrade point.

"I think we are done here, let's go?" I beckoned them to go to... somewhere?

Should we return to the town?” Albert noticed my hesitation, and suggested returning.

Town...? Oh crap! We got a quest on us!” Elina facepalmed.

“I think they won't fine us for this. We should inform the guild about what happened. The town guard should be warned as well.” (A)

I will look around.

Where do you think you are going, little fox?” Elina and Albert both grabbed me by my collar and dragged away.

[Carrier Ops will have to wait.]


On our way back to the town we encountered a merchant caravan. Of course I never found it beforehand, because I could not launch my planes. I clearly got the reason why carriers are considered vulnerable. No planes – no eyes, and actually no hands.

Where are you going, guys?” A fat merchant asked us.

“Back to Crystal Town, and where are you heading?” (E)

“I will trade with Miska village.” (M)

'Do they head where I think they do?' I leaned to Albert. He nodded.

"Well, aren't you a lucky soul."

Watch your mouth, beast.” A guy to the merchant's side shouted at me, clearly ignorant of the fact that I am closer to a demon.

Why am I lucky, girl?” The merchant asked me with suspicion.

“If you arrived there 3 hours ago, we would be talking with your grave.”

What?!” (M)

Elina lightly whacked my head, and proceeded to explain.

“The village was raised by a band of mercenaries. We did not arrive in time to save them…” (E)

You better not to go there, there is only death, and runaway murderers.” (A)

The merchant looked very grieved by it.

Were your loved ones there?

Yes…” (M)

I looked inside a bag, and pulled out a pendant.

Back when we were in the village, I wandered around for a bit, and on a murdered woman I found the pendant. It got my attention because it was much more expensive than the other things I was seeing.

Out of curiosity, I had opened it, and saw a family portrait. The merchant clearly resembled a man from the pendant.

"Were there your wife, son, and two daughters?"

“… How?!” He was staring in a complete shock. Then he noticed the pendant.

"I assure you, those who did it received their punishment. Here." I gave him the pendant. He looked at the portrait.

Yes… it belonged… to her… thank you… girl…” I was disgusted by a sight of a guy crying but… he has his reasons for it. So, I never expressed my condemnation.

"I feel like there will be a lot of travellers on their way to the village. We better hurry and report to the town guard." (A)

"You better to return too." Elina beckoned the merchant.

We will return then, there is no use wasting time to go there.” The merchant switched gears quickly, and focused on the problem in front of him. The one, so called ‘thank you very much, okitsune-sama’.

Ding

You received 1 upgrade point for your good behavior

For now I dismissed this notification and started to stare at the merchant. I did a lot of hard work, and now I want some platinum coins to buy lots of upgrade points.

“How about I give you a lift?” (M)

“That sounds nice, my legs hurt a lot…” (E)

“The sooner we report the better.” (A)

[Look over here. I did not agree. WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!]

I was speechless because Albert just princess-carried me into the wagon.

I was too shocked to even burn everything.

I… will let it slide… JUST ONCE.


The road back to the town took just two hours, thanks to the merchant.

Every one of us had something to do, so we separated.

While Elina was reporting the attack to the guild, Albert went to the guards' post. Me? I was just eating my share of food. The merchant was generous enough to promise to fill my stomach with everything I want.

[Those were your words, don't look at me with grief~!]

Thought I, while eating my 10th chicken.

I spent the upgrade point into accuracy to have the entire 4% chance to hit something.

After I was done beggaring the merchant, I returned to our temporary base in an inn. Elina and Albert were silently counting coins, and didn't even notice me entering.

“Looks like we have some money thanks to this sudden situation.”

"Oh, you're back?" Albert looked at me emotionless.

“The people have died, there is nothing to be happy about!” Elina was pouting because of my words.

I was thinking if I should just shut up and sit in a corner, but then I remembered all sorts of things those two did to me, and decided that it is time for a payback.

“Look at you, you accepted the money even though the people have died…” I taunted them.

“…” Elina glared at me, and I clearly got that she is angry for real.

"Just how shameless one has to be to..." Seeing that she was driven mad, I decided to try pulling out a peculiar stunt.

I wonder if anyone really taught you manners.” She was getting more and more winded up…

“At least I don't belittle myself by taking the dead men's money.

YOU!” And now that she is completely boiled…

‘Chu’

I quickly pulled away, far enough so as not to be killed on the spot.

Wh-whaaaaa!” Elina was getting scarlet.

[Pay your fine, for you have already made me embarrassed so many times!]

Erhm… Girls… this is not my concern but…” (A)

It surely is not!” Me and Elina barked at him simultaneously.

C'mon, you liked that kiss, didn't you~?”     =(O_w_O)=

19