V1 Rewrite. Ch 13. A short break before the new adventures
555 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we cleaned up the remaining goblin scum, we returned to the town.

"I am sooo tired!" (E)

"Yeah... Just why did we loot everything from those goblins...? It's not like they'd pay us much more..." (A)

"Shut up, Albert! Much more, ha? 10 silver plus goblin ears sold will give us more than enough cash." (E)

"A coin for bringing two bags of spoils? Count me out..." (A)

"Whiners."

"Just how did you not get tired...?" (E)

"Ah, whatever! We're already here! I'll go report, while you'll find us a nice watering hole!" With this, Albert entered the guild.

Ding

You finished the quest, you received 1 Steam catapult (Epic), 2 upgrade points

You received 1 group of A1N fighters, 7 upgrade points, 1 Type 99 (Secondary Gun), 20 silver coins, 2 groups of B1M torpedo bombers, 1 Type 99 (AA Gun), 1 Ho-103 HMG (Main Gun)

[What is so epic about that catapult?]

Steam catapult – Allows the catapult launching of 1 aircraft per catapult.

Epic: -50% catapult reload time, -50% catapult malfunction chance, -25% g-force impact on aircraft during the launch.

[I take my words back. It’s a really great item. Can I improve it further?]

Weapon upgrades applied

Steam catapult – Allows the catapult launching of 1 aircraft per catapult.

Epic (Grade 2): -60% catapult reload time, -60% catapult malfunction chance, - 35% g-force impact on aircraft during the launch.


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 1/7. (Upgrade cap 40)

FP – 5

AA – 3

AV – 10

RD – 3

AC – 19

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A1N Torpedo bombers - B1M Dive bombers
Installed - 2 of 8 Installed - 7 of 16 Uninstalled - 0 of 6
Main Gun Ho-103
Secondary Guns 4 Type 99 Rifle (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 1 Type 99 Rifle (8 Max)
Flight deck Ready
Steam catapults

1 - Installed (Epic - Grade 2)

2 - Uninstalled

3 - Uninstalled

4 - Uninstalled

Arresting wires Installed (Rare)

[If only I had a proper aircraft, not those plywood kites...]

Elina and I were sitting in a pub, and waiting for the final participant of the celebration.

"Phew... We got two silver. Tonight we're drinking until we pass out!" (A)

The result of the quest was: we got drunk.

Fu-ji~, wanna hugs?” (E)

“No, stay away from me.”

You meanie!” (E)

Correction, they got drunk. I was not getting drunk even after drinking 2 buckets of ale.

After the two drunkards were done, I dragged them back to our room. After I entered, I expected that either of them will kill me. Luckily, they both started to hug each other, so at least they won’t be suffocating me while I sleep.


The next morning.

'SCREECH'

Why don’t you experience this yourself, you cheeky bastard?” (A)

I AM SORRY, CAN YOU SAY THAT LOUDER?

I will make you suffer, little fox. You wait…” (E)

GOOD LUCK DOING THAT, MY FRIENDS.


After they overcame the hangover we started to discuss our new endeavor.

What is our plan?

“To take another quest?” (A)

“To travel somewhere?” (E)

“Great, let’s  take a quest and travel far away from here?

“We have paid for our room in advance, you remember that, right?” (A)

“Alright, alright. What quest will you take?

“Another extermination.” (A)

Go to hell, Albert! We were almost killed a few times this week.” Elina almost read my thoughts. Too much fighting for me.

An escort mission for a merchant?” (A)

“Sounds like a plan. I don't remember that there were many bandits and monster nearby." (E)

"Then it’s decided.” (A)

“Good luck, guys.”

You are not going?” (A)

“Have you ever asked my opinion?”

"Did we have to?" (A)

"Of course!"

“No, we don't need that. Albert can go by himself, while I can just remain with you. I feel a strong desire to hug something warm and fluffy…” (E)

Shuddup!

“So, your choice is…? Look, I am asking your opinion~!” (E)

[Go to hell. Now.]

'You will just do it anyway…' I prepared to be fluffed.

What have you said?” (E)

Nothing…” I was relieved.


Since the task wasn't something extraordinary, there was no need to do too much of a preparation: Albert just went to pick us a quest, while I was tortured by Elina.

The quest by itself is simple: escort a merchant to another town. The problem is that I can’t use any aircraft or guns.

No guns - no glory. If we end up in a fight, unlike with those silly adventurers I won't have a chance to have the people look over it.

"Don't worry that much~! We did a plenty of such mission~! A piece of cake~!" (E)

"Yeah... Sure..." My ears already went numb from all the petting, so I just decided to reflect on whatever was going on previously, for example, on the way I conducted aircraft operations.

Even though most of the things were automated, like I didn't actually need to do all the ATC chatter to land a single plane, there were still many ways I must learn, and many improvements I must make.

'Sigh'

'Studying is such a painful process...'

"Oww, it'll be alright~! Let me pet you a bit more, and you'll feel even better~!" When her hand reached for my chin, and started scratching it, I just did what I was ought to do for a long time.

'Bite'

"Kya?! Fuji?!" While she was surprised, I slipped away and escaped outside.

I escaped right at the time: Albert was returning.

"So? Are we ready?"

"We should be. The merchant was happy to have escorts, and can move out in two days. Where is Elina?" (A)

"She is busy bandaging her wound."

"Sorry...?" (A)

I just pointed at my canines.

"What were you talking about?" At the same time, Elina exited the inn.

"Nothing much. We were discussing your 'combat' wounds." (A)

"Screw you! At least she lets me pet her, unlike..." Before she finished, a hand was put on my head, and started moving back and forth.

[Fox fire~!]

"Y-you know w-what~? I remembered something important!" (A)

"Have you forgotten to turn off the stove?"

“The payment will be better than what is written and we will be provided with food and water.” (A)

"Ah, great." However, changing the topic didn't work...


Two days later.

When the merchant arrived I saw that the merchant is quite a familiar one. And the merchant’s face twitched when he remembered me. Thank you for the meal back then.

“Hello, I believe we’ve met already.” (M)

“Hi, in which wagon you placed my food?”

He twitched again.

It just had to be you, little glutton?” (M)

"Well then~! Let's talk, while enjoying food~?"

In exchange for me not eating everything in one swoop, the merchant agreed to tell me every single rumor he knew from the area and beyond. It would be a very enlightening experience, since I may get a bit closer to learning about this world, and as such, could make sure nobody would go after my pretty hide.

I sat beside the merchant in the first wagon. We will have a lot of time to chat and I will have no trouble protecting him. Or so HE thinks.

[You bet I will miss 99% of my attacks because it will be a bad day.]

Elina and Albert are sitting in the last of four wagons. They will be our rearguard.

Aside from having a good amount of food, and protection from being fluffed by two crazy adventurers, I will have to guard the caravan at night, because I am a nocturnal fox, and because I already got too many concessions.

Also, it will be a nice experience of using my senses to detect threats, without using aircraft all the time to spot in my stead.

17