V1 Rewrite. Ch 14. Another fight with an ancient enemy
533 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I still don’t understand, why you decided to become an adventurer?” (M)

“I was just bored, there is no other reason.”

"You were bored. What a great reason to risk your life. Does it make you happy, or you like this feeling of having yourself in danger...?" The merchant was asking me more and more questions. The last of them has no exact answer.

"I didn't actually think about it. I just went with the flow, since there was nothing else that crossed my mind."

"What flow?" (M)

"The guys I'm with. I spent some time with them, and decided to keep travelling with them. I like teasing those two, they are funny. The job itself would be just a routine without such little joys."

Out of the two days of the scheduled travelling we spent one, and by the evening we would be approaching the destination. By now we didn't encounter anything.

Right when I thought about that, the horses became anxious.

I grabbed the naginata, and jumped off.

“What, did something happen, girl?”

“An ambush. Stop the horses.”

I leaped towards a bush. Something rushed out of there, and then was followed by the other attackers.

[I am getting tired of the goblins…]

The height of an average goblin is 1 meter; they have very skinny body so if I hit them properly, they will be dead for sure. They appear to be small fries but my research, however, showed that they are adapted for combat. With their crude and rusted weapons they appear to be harmless but if there are a lot of them they will be deadly.

My first strikes were as useless as ever, and soon I was surrounded by a lot of them. Later I will pretend it was intended, since in fantasy goblins like to take pretty girls.

[Luck, where are you when I need you?]

'Swoosh'

With a slash I killed a large number of goblins, either by cutting them in half, or smashing their bones with their dead comrades.

Immediately after I created foxfires, and burnt everything around me. Well, just burnt a couple goblins who were too slow to evade small balls of fire.

[And here I thought they can't get even more disgusting...]

While I was preparing for another strike, the goblins overwhelmed me and started to hit me with whatever they had. No damage was suffered. I spinned with the naginata, and scattered them around.

'Pierce'

Naginata is somewhat a hybrid of a spear and a sword, so it is capable of piercing. Though its wide blade is a bit of an overkill...

"Don't you think so too?" I asked a goblin who struggled to pull the blade out of its stomach.

I already established my total domination in the fight, and most of the goblins ran away. I was just cleaning up the survivors.

Hold on!” (A)

We are coming!” (E)

[Oh my, what a great timing. I really need your help.]

Thank you for your assistance.” I said that in monotone voice, while cutting in half another goblin.

[Why are you even here?]

While I was distracted, one of the bastards dared to hit me in the back. It thrust its sword with such strength, that it bent after hitting my armor.

'Kiii?!'

When I turned around, I did nothing but look at it. However, my intimidatingly cute appearance, unaffected by the splashes of blood on me and my clothes, made the goblin shiver in terror.

I decided to let it die, very very slowly...


“Master, we have a problem.” A butler entered his Master’s room.

“What happened now, you idiot?” A fat man asked him while holding back his wrath.

“The security team we dispatched to protect our village, they returned. They reported that the village was slaughtered!” (B)

WHAT?! Who dared to attack my lands?!” (M)

“They said that the village was attacked by a group of adventurers. One of them was a beast.” (B)

Then find them, I want to bring those abominable murderers to justice!” Master said that with a disgusted expression. However, deep inside he was smiling. No longer would he need to find the culprits for the murder. He already has them.

It was all going as he wanted it to.

His rivals hired mercenaries to attack his lands, and he will report it to the king. Then the king will have to do something. If he can prove that the adventurers were hired by one of the rivals, then he will have all the reasons to send his own army to attack those puny nobles.

Their lands will be a fine addition to his fief.


“Please, we are VERY sorry! Can’t you just forgive us?” (E)

“Come on, Fuji, you were too fast for us.” (A)

[You either arrive faster, or don’t show up at all.]

Instead of answering them I shouted at the merchant.

We should move, I expect that there are many more and they will come here!

We boarded the wagons and the merchant tried to rush the horses but we still were moving too slow.

Some goblins were already running out on the road, only to die under the hooves, or from being pierced by the naginata.

The grove is supposed to end soon, but it didn't make it easier for us, now that the goblins smelt blood and honor. Or whatever the reason they were so stupid to run like lemmings.

20