V1 Rewrite. Ch. 26. Walking deeper into the forest
306 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
First of all, don't get surprised if I suddenly stop writing. Rather, thank #USA and #EU for #HumanRightsViolation.

After the recent events I more or less confirmed that my airpower is my everything, and that I must pay utmost attention to strengthening it.

I also discovered that 'Brave new world' skill also may affect the aircraft I receive from rewards, so a bit later I will spend the unused gold to level up the skill.

For a while I even felt like I am invincible: I have guns, the absolute gamechanger for medieval; I have aircraft, the absolute gamechanger for 20th century warfare; and I have a freaking load of HP and armor, the absolute gamechanger for any kind of situation. It was only natural I was considering going to the capital and kicking a king out of his seat. Luckily, I remembered in time that we are but humble fugitives, going somewhere-only-I-know-where to find a nice place I'd call home and be sure nobody will kick me out.

I jumped on a large trunk and tried to look what is further.

“Hey, what have you found?” Albert immediately tried to get the most recent news from their direct creator.

“Nothing but trees, we are in the middle of this forest.”

Up until now we only encountered trees, trees, and occasional wolves and goblins. Nothing that I wouldn't expect from a forest. From above I also could only see trees up until the horizon. Whatever not-trees we encountered up until now were so miniscule that I didn't even get rewards for defeating them.

Elina and Albert put down the bags that constitute our current possessions, and sat down for a short chat while I am preparing a new recon sortie. Willow and Benet carry the altar I found, while Grace is our lookout for the cases I myself don't spot anything in time. The only one left, Rin, was standing by the trunk I stood on. She has the most important task.

“Master, would you like me to princess-carry you?” She constantly tries to trick me into being carried in her hands but if I would’ve wanted that, I’d ask Elina. At least Elina's strong arms are better suited for that.

I jumped off the trunk and signaled the others to continue moving.

“No, thank you. My current position is comfortable enough.” I was sitting at a vantage point, also called Rin's shoulders. I was so tall right now, that if Albert was slightly taller, I'd be looking into his eyes.


The constant green mass I was seeing around myself was contributing a lot to me dozing off. I was about to do so, but my fighters reported that they detected a couple of wyverns.

[It would be a shame to let the loot fly away, right?]

Albert, Elina you know what I am thinking about?

“You either think about teasing us, or about destroying an entire kingdom.” Not that he was too far from the truth.

“Over there you can find two wyverns. You got me?” I showed them the heading and asked if they understood me.

“And why are you telling that to us?” Elina still didn’t get me.

“I want you to loot them.”

“Why don’t you do something by yourself. At least once?” (A)

Okay.” I grabbed a rock.

“I did something by myself, now go and take my loot.

And what was I expecting…” (A)

My new fighters, the A4N were faster than my previous fighters, allowing me to reinforce my flights faster, or to shoot down wyverns in even more merciless ways.

While the 'Rogues' were hurrying ahead to dismantle the wyverns and bring back the spoils of war, the maids and I were leisurely walking in the same direction.

When we were around halfway there, we saw two orcs on our way. Though, they were much smaller than the one I encountered near the capital.

“Stay here, I will need some time for research.”

“Yes, Master.” Rin was confused by my words but the maids obediently stood and waited.

Bu-ha-ra-rah!

Ha-ha-ha! Bu-ha-ra-rah!

“Whatever you say there, you are just two walking corpses…”

BANG BANG

I fired two dummy shots and knocked them down. While the orcs were incapacitated, I proceeded with vivisection.

I tested how easy would the blade cut an orc's skin, muscle, and bone. Before it died, I also cut open its belly. The subject was still alive by the time I confirmed for myself that the naginata doesn't cut only through tempered steel. I was about to call it a day, when I remembered some novels I was reading. I didn't ask anybody if there was a magic core, a magic stone, or whatever, in the monsters. It is considered an expensive loot, so if I can get my hands on it...

Regrettably, there were none.

When I turned towards the other subject, I saw it trying to crawl away, stopped only by the maids sitting down on its back.

"Thanks, ladies~." The four frightened girls nodded hurriedly, and rushed away, hiding behind opaque objects.

The second subject was cut from the back, providing me with additional insights in the orc anatomy...


M-master… wo…d you li-ke a bath?” All 4 maids were trembling for a long time afterwards. Rin tried to offer to carry me but considering how much she was shaking, I guess she offered that only because I am her Master.

On our way we walked into a lake, and the natural thing to do for me was to take a bath. The blood on me was unpleasant.

At the lake I undressed and ran to the water, and a second before I broke the shining mirror, I was picked up and carried there. No swimming for me.

Rin and Grace washed me, while Willow was washing my clothes. Cheers and giggles could be heard all over the lake, since after the fairies started cuddling me again, they forgot about how drenched in blood I was. The only sad face out here was Benet, who was sitting in reed and guarding the uniforms.

[Well, yes, I am being washed by naked cute girls, I can even feel how hot my face is, and how a certain senior rubs her B-cup against my back.]

Fuuuh. It’s done, Master.” She barely finished the phrase by the time I was already rushing towards the coast.

Since I was not allowed to swim around, I feel too playful to just sit down and wait.

“Master! Please, at least take a towel!” Benet tried to chase me, and couldn't catch up with me neither when I was still in the lake, nor when we started running around on the grass.

What are you doing?A male voice? I turned my head towards its source and…

DIE, YOU PERVERT!Albert, you are a dead man.

15