V1 Rewrite. Ch 29. The act of agression
268 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While we were on our way towards the location I chose for my future home, I decided to go buy some stuff we would be using while I am in the process of construction. We went to a village to buy some weapons, food, and new tents. The latter because I was getting sick of seeing the patches on our current tents.

The village we entered was a relatively small settlement with nothing outstanding about it, aside from an adventurers guild's branch office. It was decided that Albert will go buy some weapons with the maids, while Elina and I will be buying food and equipment. We planned to meet at the guild in the end and move on to the destination.

Simple as that.

Since I was with Mother Elina, we finished buying groceries way faster than Albert was playing with his toys and licking over my maids. While we were waiting for him, Elina suggested us to go and take the rewards from some of the previous quests.

When we entered, the guild was as empty as it could get, and only a clerk was sitting somewhere in a corner and reading a third-rate novel.

"Hello! Can you help us?" At Elina's call, the clerk mumbled something about 'stupid brainhead adventurers', and reluctantly stood up to approach the registry.

What would you like to do here?” The clerk prepared some blanks.

“We want to check what rewards we have and if there are any unfinished quests assigned.” Elina took the initiative and gave the clerk our tokens.

For a second the clerk’s eyes widened but she immediately began processing our request.

Please, wait a moment.” The clerk stood up and headed to a backdoor.

Why do you need to do that?

“I need to check with the main office, they process everything. The equipment is not installed in this building, so can you wait a couple of minutes?” (C)

When the clerk walked outside I whispered to Elina.

Be ready for a fight. Something is not right.’ I was very suspicious of this. We were dealing with the branch offices here-and-there, but we were yet to see something like that. Not to mention, the clerk was way too eager to help us after she saw the tokens.

Despite her confusion, Elina put her hand on the hilt.


When the clerk returned she gave us the papers with the information we requested. Next she started talking nonsense, making suggestions about having dinner in the guild, and other stuff that was outright weird to see from an unmotivated employee.

I decided to no longer tolerate this. I just ignored the clerk and headed towards the exit with Elina in tow. Before the clerk got in our way, we hurried outside.

Outside were standing 20 village guards, and some people from militia. Neither of them looked friendly.

Stop right now, you are under arrest for murder! Surrender yourselves peacefully or prepare to die!” In a flash, I tried to recollect if I ever did anything close to murder, but remembered nothing (like, I am fluffy innocent fox, how could I ever do anything bad?).

However, now was not the time to be talking back and forth. The people in front of me were not exactly interested in hearing me out.

I was wondering if I should knock them down with the naginata's pole and karate tricks I've learnt in the grade school, but then I saw the ducal insignias on the guards' shields.

What a brave talk.” My blood started boiling. I have tolerated quite a lot of things that guy tried to do to me for almost no apparent reason.

But now he put the 'murderer' tag on me.

[Well, if he wants it so much, then why not give him a good reason?]

However, this line of reasoning didn't last long.

Master, run while you can!” I heard Benet’s voice.

One last chance to surrender, beast!” With each their word my face grimaced more and more.

I saw that my maids, and a useless male servant, were already apprehended.

Elina, take cover when it begins…” I murmured to her and summoned the gear.

At that, I snapped.

Surrender yourselves, you filth. You dared hurting my servants and friends. You better not to test my patience.

Men! Catch this monster!” The guards charged.

So. Be. It.

BANG

Bang Bang Bang


Soon it was over. I never showed mercy to them. Those who have surrendered were killed fast. Those who decided fighting me, either faced their fast death, or were cut in pieces.

My rage had blinded me. All that was left after my rampage were bodies and my servants.

Until now I may've done some nasty things to that duke, but what happened today had buried any hopes of resolving the tiny disputes we had. It was war. War, until my victory.

Originally I was going to take the little cozy cliff by the sea with my words and petty tricks, like throwing the defenders out through brute force, but now I had a very good reason to just raze the castle altogether.

However, this kitsune is generous, and only prepared the air arm to bomb the c* out of them.

Moreover, this kitsune is so generous, that she sent Albert to negotiate the terms of complete surrender of the castle, before bombing the c* out of them.

“On behalf of the most graceful lady Fuji, we offer you to surrender the castle. If you decide to accept our offer, we guarantee your safety and allow you to leave the castle with all you weapons and supplies. If you decide to refuse, be ready for the inevitable death.” Just when he finished his words I fired two 100mm shells right in front of the gate. Of course, the speech itself was written by me.

“You have 6 hours to make your decision. Every person who leaves the castle without fighting will have the guarantees of safety as long as they don’t try fighting.” After that he returned. I felt both relieved and disappointed. Looks like I still didn’t forgive how he was gazing over my gorgeous body with his perverted eyes.

Then, we camped outside the castle.

Some of the soldiers were smart enough to flee but that was only a small part of the garrison.

The sun set and the defenders lit up the torches. Feeling the approaching doom, the archers took positions on the walls. The garrison was preparing to fight the assaulting force of me, and 6 people by my side. But my military techniques were much more advanced than foolish climbing the walls to get an arrow in the knee.

The calm quiet of the night was overwhelmed by the sudden thunder of starting engines, as I ordered to sortie.

After all my planes were in the air, I ordered them to group. Torpedo bombers set course to carpet bomb the castle while dive bombers were to make precise attacks on key nodes of enemy defenses. My guns prepared to fire too.

With the moon high in the sky, I declared the war.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

12