V1 Rewrite. Ch 63. Facing the Medusa
143 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though my Grand Return was not in the way I hoped it would be, I still made a nice comeback with more power than I had before.

There was a petty thing I expected may happen, and whatever bad things can happen would do so, according to Murphy's law. The king's gamble was almost successful, but the history would remember only for its foolish failure, and the retaliation he would soon receive.

However, the first thing before humiliating the king would be making sure my own home is not crumbling.

The fly-by I performed in the morning showed that the fortress’ construction was stopped after a few weeks since my departure. The harbor was not finished so I once again had to anchor in a distance. The fairies flew back themselves while I had to carry the miko on my back.

The parade of the worst possible outcomes continued when I was met by Elina, who became quite agitated after seeing my backpack.

Fuji, now I understand what made you late…” She smiled like a devil. I felt not only my back getting cold but also my backpack shaking.

H-how about we talk this through?” I gave Elina my best ‘I’m innocent’ smile. Contrary to my hopes, and accordingly to my expectations, her murderous aura of jealousy became even larger.

“You know what I had to suffer, right?” She was not going to calm down, so it was the time to throw a tactical tantrum.

You are crueel! Elina no longer loves me! Uuuuuu!” I started crying like a baby.

STOP. RIGHT. NOW.” (E)

Yes, mother…

Meanwhile, Kasumi shielded me with her body and started talking.

“Please, don’t be angry with Kakka! She was following the god’s will!” Not that Elina understood anything.

“You have one chance to explain me everything. Otherwise…” She showed me cut-throat gesture. She was beyond the boiling point.

“W-well, I was following the map, I was caught in a fog and arrived to a land far away. There I met Kasumi, the priest of a local temple where I also met the god who summoned me. I was forced to do a lot of crazy things and had to spend a lot of time there. And according to the god's will I took Kasumi with me.”

Is she telling the truth?” Elina turned towards the maids, who were petrified by her medusa glare.

The maids were about to tell her that this is not exactly true, though my own glare corrected their misunderstanding of the situation and they started fervently nodding their heads.

Fuji~ my sweet little fox~ come here~.” When Elina's voice reached my ears, my blood froze like water during Alaskan winter.

I could only put up with the inevitable...

YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME!” I jumped off the cliff, and hurried to the safe carrier.

Don’t worry, little fox. You will soon return, and there I will be waiting for you. Take your sweet time~.” Elina smiled at me. I already know that there will be no salvation for me, Mommy will catch me and then I will be punished. But I needed to at least attempt to avoid it.


After the food ran out I returned.

Elina patiently waited for me, and didn't coold down in a slightest.

I was forced to sit in seiza. For 12 hours. Without sleep.

The Satan of a woman wanted to punish me more, but Kasumi decided to follow my lead and sat in seiza. I have absolutely no idea how the little miko's silent protest helped, but it saved my foxy butt from the follow-up spanking.

Only when Elina was done with the punishment she cooled down. It was finally time to talk.

“Fuji, is she your new lover?” (E)

“She fell in love with me, due to their help.” I pointed at a certain group of servants who feigned having nothing to do with it.

“I am really angry, Fuji. So I suggest you don’t be too lovey-dovey with her. Understood?” She was saying this gently but I perfectly understand that this was not a request.

“Can I do it when you don’t see?” I was cuffed by her.

The follow-up spanking was averted when someone entered my tent.

“And here I am, have you missed me, Fuji?” Albert showed up happy with himself, even though I completely forgot about his existence.

“Why did you hit me? I can share my love with both of you~.” I ignored Albert and returned to teasing Elina.

Come here…” She sighed and summoned me with her hand.

Hey, hello! I’m here!” (A)

When I approached her, I was lifted up and sat in her arms.

[I just wonder how can she carry me like that with her slender girl arms.]

You don’t look bothered. Does it mean you are fine with it?” Suddenly she asked me if I’m fine with being carried around like that.

Of course, the answer is no, I still have some masculine dignity left. But should I tell something like this, she will surely keep on doing it.

[Ah, right, she already decided she'd do it ever after...]

“I am focused on the aircraft. Which means, don’t worry about me being passive.” Since I only could accept my situation, I distracted myself by preparing for an imminent revenge on the king's head.


I equipped the bombers with the heaviest ordnance I have. They are going to fly directly to the capital and drop the bombs on the king’s palace.

The bomber armada was soon assembled and regrouped into a box formation. I sent all of my bombers with just a couple of fighters for escort. The rest of my fighters remained here for emergency CAS and interception.

A few hours after the start of operation 'Stone Age', the armada arrived to the capital. The king appeared to have made some preparations, and that is why the escorts engaged wyvern knights that tried approaching my formation.

It wasn't a problem in any way. The wyverns couldn't even fight the biplanes properly, and the advanced monoplanes are absolutely invincible for them because the beasts can’t reach their altitude, nor can they can catch up. The bombers continued their way while the fighters remained to shoot down the enemy interceptors and earn me some upgrade points.

Soon the bombers approached close enough to let me see the capital. I ordered them to set on the attack course for the palace bombing. All flights repositioned for carpet bombing.

The bombs were released a minute before they would fall on the palace, devastating the king's pride and joy, as well as hopefully crushing his self-esteem. 

I was about to enjoy the fireworks from a rear gunner's POV, when I noticed that the bombs exploded midair, far away from the palace.

5