V4. Prologue 1
209 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
It is highly recommended to finish reading the original storyline, or many references would be missed.

The world was the darkness, and the darkness was the world.

When it all began, there was nothing. An absolute void, where nothing existed.

Then, there was the light that illuminated the black abyss.

And after the light, the ground came to be.

To me, this happened in a moment.

A moment after I was thrown into the darkness in a fold of space.

When I was taken out of the void, I found myself sitting in an unknown place that appeared to defy the reality.

It was an unknown world, where the sky was covered in clouds, painted with a brush. Where the light comes from a painted sun. Even the plants were made of paper. It was the place where only the earth and the grass are normal, but are located on floating islands, seen all the way to the horizon.

The place where I was summoned was not a wilderness, but a paved area in front of a Japanese-styled house.

I already knew of this place. I was here once.

Without further ado, I stood up and shook off the dust, before entering a house in front of me.

There I saw a little girl with fox ears, sitting on a pile of pillows.

Her eyes were closed, but the moment I entered she beckoned me to approach. Though I did not approach too close, for I still value my life.

This time I was back in my original body, which was by itself a surprising thing.

We sat in front of each other, until the girl spoke.

“This Akagi-sama has summoned you for a very specific reason. I hope you will be of use even right now.” She opened her eyes, and gazed at me.

“I guess there is something I need to do? Or is my free will no longer important?

Instead of answering right away, she shrugged and looked at a window.

“You must’ve forgotten what your purpose is, have you? Never mind. This keen Akagi-sama already knew you would be like this.” The fox girl stood up, and walked past me. I followed her outside.

Despite her petite appearance, I remembered it well that she is not just a loli, but a wicked goddess who can easily defeat me.

The loli-fox was heading somewhere, and it didn’t look like she would stop anytime soon. Even though we passed a few houses she was yet to stop, or reveal the purpose of her actions.

“Patience.” She responded to my thoughts.

At last, we arrived to a stone circle in the middle of a plain.

Akagi-sama turned to face me, and spoke.

“This Akagi-sama hopes you will be able to entertain me, for your soul is mine, and so is your life.” She was looking at me with indifference.

“Then, what am I going to do?” I had a little hope that I would be sent to become a hero, make myself a harem, and dominate a world with cheat stats. But that is something I am used to. That is why…

That is why…? You really seem to forget your purpose. Not too surprising, since you were dormant for five centuries.” (A)

WHAT?!” While I was trying to process the goddess’ words, she suddenly smirked.

“Remarkable, to be as ignorant as you should be crime. Let us go, there is work to be done.” As she was about to turn around, I called out to her.

“Hey! What work are you talking about?”

“We are to…” (A)

‘We’?

“Do not interrupt. ‘We’, because it was request from my friend, and sending a fool like you would jeopardize everything.” She nonchalantly called me a fool, and was about to keep going.

But I couldn’t let go of an opportunity to return her all the snickering and mock she sent at me.

Wow, to think you have friends~?” Akagi-sama glanced back.

“Indeed. Though that workaholic archangel can be seen as frequently as a comet. Once every century.” Unlike my previous interactions with her, this time the fox girl responded with something resembling sincere emotions.

“Can you tell me, what exactly are we even to do for that ‘Archangel’ guy?

“I was asked to fetch some artifacts. While we are at it, I will also enjoy walking you.” (A)

Seriously? Fetch-an-item quest…?” While I was confused, the goddess walked away. I hurried after her.

“It is more than that. For now, let us get going.” She led me to the center of the circle, and opened a torii gate.

“What are you waiting for?” The girl’s small hand gripped my collar, and then threw me in with inhuman strength.

When I came to my senses, I saw that we were somewhere else. In a world that at least was not a painting.

My-my, to think my aim was so amiss that we are very far away.” The fox girl pretended to be disappointed, but as quickly as she feigned her regret, she continued walking forth.

Unlike her, I was still lying on the ground.

But when I stood up, I felt like something was weighting down on my front.

2