V4. Ch 10. The wheel is back in the captain’s hands
93 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being gazed upon by a pretty girl was flattering, but the longer she looked at me, the weirder it felt.

There was not even a second when she would shift her attention elsewhere, and when I moved my arm, her gaze followed the movements.

[What a weirdo…]

The kitsune giggled, and patted the girl’s back.

“This benevolent Akagi-sama has decided to spice things up, so I hope you will enjoy~.” From the vixen’s smile I could already get it that 50D chess has reached its next stage: a multidimensional check.

[In what way have you… ‘spiced it up’…?]

The devilish grin was my only answer.

[Am I supposed to be happy…?]

I checked the stats, just in case.


(FFNF) Duché d'Orleans - BB.

SM – Shell Mass – 2/100 (76.8kg)

SM shows the mass of the main guns’ shells. To compensate for the decrease in mass, the shells fly faster. Not the railgun-fast.

Sisterly bond - 100/100

Sisterly bond represents the level of trust and authenticity for the sistership. The less it is, the higher the chances she would not listen to your orders.

AC – Accuracy – 50

AC shows hit chance.

HP – Health Points – 1613

HP shows how much damage you can survive.

Main guns 2x Quadruple 510mm/50 GTFO BFG Mle 1944/45
Secondary guns

Triple 330mm/50 Mle 1931

6x Dual 203mm/50 Mle 1924

Tertiary guns

8x Quadruple 100mm/45 Mle 1930

4x Dual 75mm/50 Mle 1927

AA guns

16x Quadruple 40mm Bofors L60

20x Dual 20mm Oerlikon


Wait a darn…?! A sistership?

Ding

-1 Bond

[Seriously…?]

Just from looking at the snickering fox I understood that she set me up. There was no use crying over spilled milk, so I tried striking a conversation with the girl.

“Erhm, hello?

‘-1 Bond

How are you?

1 Bond

[Is there any word that would make her less hostile…?]

-1 Bond

So…

-1 Bond

[Hey, you there, can you help?]

I directed my thoughts at the amused fox, but received only another ‘good luck~’ glance. All this time, the new girl’s ‘bond’ was decreasing, from my words and from simple waiting.

She appeared to be completely dumbfounded, and couldn’t even mutter a word, while trying to gather her thoughts.

And that was when it hit me: the analysis.

Duché de Bretagne
Status: Shock

Erhm… Bretagne, are you alright…?

-1 Bond

-1 Bond

-1 Bond

-1 Bon...

-1 Bo...

-1 B...

-1...

-1...

-1...

Sœur…? Do you hate me…?” Suddenly, the girl teared up, and sniffed.

A glance at the fox revealed that she was barely holding back laughing, again, meaning that she doesn’t plan to move a finger to help me get out of this mess.

When I checked the situation, the bond fell all the way to 10/100, and I was as close to being screwed up, as I could.

Have I done something wrong…?” The girl started weeping, making me completely lost on what to do.

Only then the damwonderful fox started doing something. She shook the completely unbothered archangel, making her lean closer.

A short murmuring later, the archangel suddenly clapped, bringing the attention to herself.

“The Creator’s will required long and tiring efforts. Little ones, thy souls were apart for so long, that things may not be as easy as they are. Be forgiving and…” The woman’s flaring up speech was suddenly interrupted by the loli kitsune.

Enough is enough. Angels surely are annoying. Given time, anything will return back to normal. Right, ‘Big Sister’?” The little devilish creature winked at me.

However, it worked.

The points stopped decreasing even after a short while. Bretagne’s status even changed to ‘Disappointment’.

"Before you go, can you heal my toy?" (A)

"Absolutely. 'Heal'." The woman clapped her hands, and I was enveloped in a light. In a split second my HP went from ~2000 to the full.

“Now that everything is solved, I think it is a good time to let our dear Fire return to working.” (A)

Indeed. Farewell.” The archangel disappeared in a flash, leaving only the last feathers falling on the grass, and with their disappearance there were no traces of her being here.


W-what are we going to do…?” (B)

Khm. In short, we have a mission, a very important one, we search for…” I tried hard to think on how to introduce a god-damned clock as something important.

A divine artifact.” When the loli said that, Bretagne perked up.

“Since this majestic Akagi-sama sees no further need to search around the places she knew of, I think it will be a good opportunity to observe you in your natural habitat. Lead us, oh foolish one.” The goddess grinned, and shown me towards the road we came from.

Fair winds and following sees, my dear~.” Behind the kitsune’s smile were both a ridicule, and an encouragement.

But, ignoring her, it really was the time to set off to explore this brave new world.

Is it the time to restore this novel's good tradition: the SSs?
  • No. Just no. Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Start with Orlean's SS. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Start with Bretagne's SS. Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Keep the 'Four sisters' going. Votes: 2 50.0%
Total voters: 4 · This poll was closed on Jul 26, 2022 02:54 PM.
2