V4. Ch 11.5. Visions of the past
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was another calm day.

After the diet was done discussing the ongoing matters of the Theocracy, I was free to do anything I want. Though my list of activities mostly circled around sitting on the terrace of the house, and drinking warm milk.

Long gone are my days of hunting and amazements.

“Here you go.” One of my dear friend’s maids poured me more milk.

You did not change in the slightest, have you?” I looked at the maid.

It only is because fairies do not age like humans.” The blue-haired maid averted her eyes in embarrassment.

“Do not mind this old woman’s rambling. He-he-khe-khe…” She gave me a glass of water.

Thank you. Are there any news from the temple?

None, as of right now.” The maid shook her head.

I at least hope she will make it to the Thanksgiving.

Just like me, the little priestess was mostly idling after the new generation grew up. A few years ago we were still seeing each other, but then she caught cold and from there on did not have enough strength to reach this house, settling down in the temple.

Our house was built a long time ago, but only select few get the opportunity of visiting it. Ever since that little bastard disappeared, the amount of the select few was only decreasing, until it stopped at me, the priestess, and the three maids.

However, the little bastard also left us with more than enough assets to safeguard what she achieved.

Even though the house was built on top of an artificial hill that formed the palace, the view was directed only at the sea. The sea, in which anyone visiting this place would foremost notice a huge island drifting in the distance.

The metal island that became an abandoned hull after she disappeared. We put all efforts into maintaining the aircraft carrier. Then, when the crew became familiar with it, the maids trained the first generation of pilots. The very same pilots that allowed the Theocracy to prosper by ensuring its uncontested superiority.


While I was smiling and looking at the patrolling aircraft, which reminded me of the old days, another maid stepped on the terrace.

Grace?!” I stared in amazement at the priestess’ caretaker.

Long time no see, lady Elina~. Got some good news for you~!” The green-haired maid chirped, before hugging the other maid.

What thy news may be about?

“Lady Kasumi appears to have made her mind about moving back here~!” The seemingly great news immediately made my feet cold. The last phrase the priestess said before settling down in the temple was: ‘when I come back, it will be to die in the family nest’.

Lady Elina…?” The maids were confused by my reaction.

Do not worry… When is she coming?”

Erhm… She’s on her way.” Grace separated from her sister and gazed at the sea.

“No idea what bird pecked her head to make such a decision, but…” I raised my hand.

Stop this, please. Whatever the reason it may be, we have no choice but to hear it from the person in question.”

Waiting for the priestess to show up was not long. She was carried upstairs by the shrine maidens, her disciples who were taught everything she knew.

When the infirm grandma was put down, I softly hugged her.

It has been a long time…

It has…

I was going to ask her whether she really came for that, but unlike the attentive maids, the shrine maidens were waiting by Kasumi’s side.

Can I ask you, why you came here, after all this time?

“You may doubt my words, but…” The priestess faintly smiled.

“My Goddess is coming back…” I felt like my heart started beating faster, either from hope, or from fear.

Are you not making a mistake…?

“No. No matter how feeble I am, my powers of miko are yet to be gone. I feel it.” Suddenly, she stretched out her hand, pointing at something behind me.

It was like a heat haze, but that was impossible in the shadows of trees.

However, the mirage quickly turned into an arch, similar to the ones built in the temple.

The priestess, with the help of the shrine maidens, knelt in front of the arch, and prostrated herself.

A small foxgirl stepped out from the arch, and gazed at the prostrating priestess.

“It looks like we were waited for.” She chuckled.

“This lowly one greets You, oh Great One.” Kasumi muttered in the same pose, and then straightened her back.

Then, another figure stepped out from the arch.

That one made me have a heart attack.

1