V4. Ch 12. Ice-cold heart, and piercing pain
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes after going through the gate, I saw a bizarre scene: two grannies were squirming in front of the goddess. Nearby were prostrating themselves young maidens, and further away were several knight-like persons.

At the moment I was noticed, one of the grannies stared at me with her mouth agape and pointed at me.

Y-y-y-yooou?!” She was almost gasping from shrieking.

At first I wasn’t getting it why she got so agitated, but then I noticed that the amount of chest fat drastically decreased, and the fluffiness I had increased sevenfold, by the amount of fluffy tails I got.

G-good to see you…? Elina…?” I made a rough guess about the grannies, which immediately got confirmed by Elina’s (?) next shriek.

GOOD TO SEE?! WHERE WERE YOU, YOU DAMNED…! KHE-KHE-KHE…!” When she started coughing, several maids ran to her and supported the shaking grandma.

Feels like everybody’s here…?” I looked at the three maids.

Clap-clap

Everyone turned their heads towards the fox goddess.

“Now that you are reunited and happy, do not keep this responsible Akagi-sama waiting.” At her words, the second granny stood up (with the maids’ help), and after exchanging but a nod with me, proceeded towards the group of girls nearby.

Fwoosh

While I was paying attention there, I almost got hit by a cane.

COME HERE!!!” (E)

Fwoosh

Calm down!

AS IF…!” (E)

Elina started chasing me, and at some point was about to land a hit, when the cane was blocked by a masked samurai.

Ugh…!” Elina struggled to free her weapon, but in the end she had to let go of it.

That is not the end, mind my words!” She grumbled, and stomped towards the other granny.

Brilliant.” I glanced at the bored fox. She glanced back, and nodded towards the gates.

To at least have some sort of a conversation with my old companions, I approached the main group, where gathered all females of this place (minus the multigender loli kitsune).

Immediately, I was glared at by Elina. However, before it turned into another chase, the other granny stepped forth, blocking our ways.

“Greetings.” She slightly bowed.

Hi?

“Art thee ready?” The granny’s expression appeared to be completely calm, unlike…

Ready for what?

Thy finished thee ‘unfinished business’?” Her tone contained a hint of sarcasm.

Urhm… Yes…?

Oh, great, wonderful! You finished! Then why the hell have you came back?” Elina calmed down a bit, and we were ready to proceed with more important things.

“I need help with the new business.”

Aha?” (E)

Tss.” The granny stopped Elina with a gesture.

“Thee require our help? At last?” Even though the expression of the granny was completely calm, I heard some scorn.

Mmm… Let’s just say… I didn’t know how much time has passed…?” I looked at the dying-of-boredom fox who was filing her nails, suggesting her to tell anything.

“This patient Akagi-sama may lend you some help, but that would also require telling how many more girlfriends you made in the 'how much time has passed'.” In a split second, all sorts of emotions crossed my mind and face, ending with the dreadful cold, which pierced my back.

“A man must have many wives. But thee arn’t a man.” While from one side I was hearing and feeling all sorts of jealousy, from the other I was hearing how one b* of a fox was laughing her lungs out, not even bothering with suppressing it.

Well… You know…

Thy circumstances called for it.” The granny tenderly smiled, and patted my shoulder with her wrinkled hand. If not for the context of this action, I wouldn’t even understand she was being sarcastic.

Argh, whatever…!

“Whatever-girl has returned!” Elina clapped.

Sigh

“Can you lend me your help? Not even for me… for that… ‘wonderful’, ‘majestic’, ‘exemplary’ goddess over there...

“Eli, call for thy comrades. We must gather an army.” In an instant, the tender expression of the granny in front of me was replaced with stern face.

Kasumi, do we even need one?” (E)

“Yes, no doubt. Such a travel is not done for no reason, neither are oracles sent for a mere reunion.” (K?)

Wait, wait, wait!Suddenly, I heard what I expected the least: the fox goddess lost her cool and started furiously shaking her tiny arms.

My gates are not a Creator-be-anathematized highway! You! Pick a few, and be on the way!” The loli barked at me, and started swinging her arm, beckoning me to come back faster.

[Taking everyone here is going to be a problem, no doubt.]

Stay here, and pray to the gods for 7 days. The Final rite I taught you.” When the granny ordered the girls surrounding her in Japanese, I completely confirmed whom I am dealing with.

“Then, welcome aboard, Elina, Kasumi, Benet, Willow, Grace.” I smirked.

But before I could dream of reuniting my harems all over the multiverse, my dreams were shattered.

Thee needs but two of us. Thy maids shall stay to oversee the government.” (K)

You have to be joking…? Ka-su-mi-chan~, can’t we…

Nay. No concessions shalt be made.” She stopped this talk even before I started it.

“I will go change…” (E)

No need. It’s not like two old hags would be useful. Which is why this well-prepared Akagi-sama has everything ready.” (A)

With this, the insolent brat returned to the gates.

Can we even trust that person…?’ (E)

“Eli, thee may not trust her, but thee can trust me. Our fate lies there. Our fate lies with Fuji’s soul.” A step before I entered the gates, I saw Kasumi-grandma’s expression soften.

1