V4. Ch 25. The unifying roots
55 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood motionless, as a hundred knights gazed at me with swords drawn.

No matter how much of a battleship I am, the sight of this crowd of armed people is no less intimidating than if I was a human.

We stared at each other, almost like in a Wild West standoff. My ‘finger’ is on the guns’ trigger, and their hands held onto the swords.

My rationale was telling me I have 101% chance of winning, but my mind was still trying to tell me to get the hell away from here ASAP.

Each of us waited for something to signal to start the fight, but the square appeared to have frozen in time. It was so quiet, that even the onlookers didn’t dare moving, waiting for how the events would unfold.

While the time was passing slowly, I heard a buzzing sound in my ear.

[“Sœur?! SŒUR?! We are coming, hang in there!!!”] Unconsciously, I flinched.

Immediately, the entire crowd of knights made a step back.

Mhm. Thank you, my sweetheart.’ I messaged her back, but my murmuring made the distressed knights step back again.

JAVELINS!” And the next moment after they stepped away, the knights pulled throwing spears from behind their shields, and threw them at me…

Ping-Ping-Ping

It’s not worth mentioning the success rate against tempered steel. But I got myself in a nasty situation, where I have a hundred guys charging at me with evident murderous intent.

[I’m quite lucky, ain’t I…?]

Without further ado, I opened fire.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru!

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

It took the knights exactly 6 seconds to realize that their plan was flawed from the beginning, and start advancing in the opposite direction.

Though their retreat halted before they left the square, when another knight showed up.

This one was wearing a lot of good armor, and was at least a few steps above the ‘ordinary’ armored troops that littered the square.

With his appearance the crumbled morale of the knights was completely recovered, and they started gazing at me the same way as before, like nothing happened. Some of them mumbled something to the newcomer, and after a few nods he stepped forth towards me.

This one was looking beefier than the previous ones, so I trained the 203mm guns at him.

He stopped midway between me and the knights, and drew his sword, aiming it at me.

He started saying something, but I didn’t understand a word.

What…?

Ingrishu?” He stared at me dumbfounded.

What? The hell you’re saying, dude?

HEY! HEY! DO YOU KNOW EARTH?! HEY! ARE YOU AMERICAN?!” The guy dropped his sword and started swinging his hands and shrieking like an excited fangirl.

YOU’RE FROM EARTH TOO?!Well, I was no better, but who can blame me for that?


We continued shrieking of how happy we are to see each other, until both of us remembered that we were here, in the middle of a square where a few dozen knights were packed with shrapnel, still lying around.

S-so, w-why have you killed them…?!” The fellow Earth dweller grumbled at me, menacingly, while he was crawling on the ground and searching for the sword he dropped.

No matter how ridiculously he looked, I had the impression he is reasonable guy, so I started explaining.

Guess what? I’m, like, stepping out of this library, and see an entire crowd of cutthroats after me. I ‘gently’ kicked their butts, chasing them away, and the next moment the entire square got filled with THOSE guys. And they started trying to kill me for real. I’m no demon, dude! I was just snooping around, minding my own damned business!

By that time he found the sword. But this time he aimed it the opposite way.

Is what she said true?” He glared at the knights, making them pale, avert their eyes, and stutter while trying to say that I’m lying.

“Well, I see it now. Who sent you? The City Lord? Tell him, that if he messes with her again, he might as well forget about me helping him ever again.” The guy barked at the knights, and the entirety of them ran away.

Simultaneously, Bretagne and Co showed up, and I had to stop them from killing the fellow transmigrator.

0