V4. Ch 26. The heroic words
45 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I proceeded with talking to fellow earthling only after I managed to calm down Bretagne and Elina.

“Thanks for dispersing those guys.” I glanced in the direction we fled from. Any kind of a talk in there was impossible, at the very least because of the uneasy feeling the corpses were giving to me.

I may’ve done a lot, but I still had at least a shed of humanity.

“No problem. Hey, can you tell me, are those guns real? And how did you become a kansen?!” The fellow weeb (?) was making circles around my rigging, watching how the 75 and 100 guns were automatically tracking him.

“All questions to that loli.”

Damn, I’m so jelly of you…! If only I had a nekomimi loli too…!” He started rubbing the totally-not-crazy loli’s ears.

Her unbothered face was making me feel like she is about to murder him.

Good guess.” (A)

Waaa! Kawaii!!!” The next second, the guy’s hands were on her cheeks.

Dude, let go of her. Right now.

Sorry, my bad… I didn’t intend to…” I stopped him.

“This one is the reason I ended up isekai-ed. Greet the one and only, goddess Akagi-sama. And yes, you better keep your hands far away from her, she could’ve chopped them away.” The guy immediately made several steps back.

“You can call me Duchy of Orleans, this one is Bretagne,…”

-1 Bond

“…

… this is Elina, swordswoman, and over there is miko Kasumi.”

“My name is Shimada Genzo. Paladin.” We shook hands.

If only I could have a class too…’ I gave the goddess a meaningful gaze.

“Dream more.” (A)

“Come on, what could be better than being a kansen?” (G)

“There are many options. Like, being a harem protagonist?

Genzo averted his eyes.

Hey, you piece of crap…!

Genzo started whistling.

“Ah, now that I think of it, can you show me how those huge things shoot?” (G)

S-sorry, they are… Pitiful…

And whose fault is it?” The loli kitsune gazed at me.

Whaddayamean?

How many chapters ago have you improved the guns?” The goddess gazed at me with a mixture of mock and disappointment.

[Ah, right… Totally forgot… Ha-ha… …?]

Ding

You received 14 upgrade points


(FFNF) Duché d'Orleans - BB.

SM – 16/100 (614,4kg)

Sisterly bond – 11/100

AC – 50

HP – 82600

Main guns

 

2x Quadruple 510mm/50 GTFO BFG Mle 1944/45

__________

Secondary guns

 

Triple 330mm/50 Mle 1931

6x Dual 203mm/50 Mle 1924

__________

Tertiary guns

 

8x Quadruple 100mm/45 Mle 1930

4x Dual 75mm/50 Mle 1927

__________

AA guns

 

16x Quadruple 40mm Bofors L60

20x Dual 20mm Oerlikon


While I was pressing the ‘Upgrade’ button on the only upgradeable stat, I noticed how Elina and Kasumi were whispering amongst themselves. From time to time gazing at me and at Genzo.

“What happened?” I asked them.

N-nothing…” They both feigned ignorance. But before I could question them, the goddess drew my attention to herself.

“You may waste the time a bit later. Right now we have work to do.” (A)

“That’s right… Kasumi, found anything useful?” The miko shook her head.

Are you guys searching for something?” (G)

“Yes. Or, rather, for someone. An archmage.”

Akagi-sama stepped forth.

“We are searching for a very nasty thief, who happens to be a strong mage. And, we happen to have a clue. But, there is a problem we cannot solve.” When the arrogant goddess started speaking like she was having some sort of a trouble, I felt like she was up to no good.

“Don’t worry, I’m always fine with helping fellow adventurers.” Genzo pounded his chest, and attentively listened to the warped words of our divine patron, who made it all look like we were already tracking the Bestower down, and almost stepped on his slithery tail. Though that tail left the traces but 50 years ago.

“… and then he used an elven slave to cast an ancient magic that erased his trail…! Ah, if only we had an elf, capable of pathfinding, as that magic doesn’t work on them…!” The loli teared up with obviously fake tears. But it was obvious for everybody who wasn’t Genzo. The guy was totally wrapped around the tiny fingers of the fox.

What a bastard he is…!” (G)

Not only that…! He then made us go into hiding, setting the royalty on us…! Only now we managed to get as close as once before, but it is so hard to find an elf who would help us…” (A)

“And I happen to know elves. My wi I mean companion, is an elf. And she has strong ties with her kin. Maybe there would be somebody to help us!” Genzo was totally oblivious that she was just using him, but I wasn’t a knight or a hero to point it out, especially when it could save me another week of wandering around.

The goddess’ wink confirmed it, that our reasoning was the same.


Without further ado, we headed to Genzo’s inn.

The moment we entered his room, I felt like murdering him.

“Darling, you’re back~?”

There were five women, including a busty elf.

Genzo simply waved them, perhaps after feeling my glare.

While the loli kitsune was telling the same tale to the party, I quietly led Genzo away, far enough to be secluded. And then pressed him into a wall.

Hey. You piece of.

Five? Really?

He-he… I… I’m totally not a womanizer…! I assu…!” I shut his mouth with my palm.

Hey, dude, how about a newbie help pack? Can I ‘borrow’ a waifu?

We exchanged glances.

Wait…? Are you into yuri…?” (G)

“Dude, once upon a time, there was a huge stick of righteousness in between.

After a few seconds of thinking, Genzo’s expression turned into a disgusting weeb grin. The next few minutes we could only chat about the weeb stuff, forgetting that I was being jealous of his harem.

Khm!

When somebody coughed behind our backs, we stared there in surprise, only to find the dearest petite Kasumi.

My love, thy deeds shalt be discussed later. Right now the Goddess calls us to go.” Kasumi’s pretty little face was darkened, making her refreshing smile send shivers down my spine.

And even the way she cutely clung to my arm, like back when she was lovey-dovey with me, was resulting in my arm squeezed with all her strength.

1