‘Four Sisters MOAR’ No 6.
45 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked down from the ridge. The narrow mountain road was looking like a slithering snake, and was filled with carriages that carried the shattered stone down from the mountain.

Their destination was the river at the foot of the mountain. It was a small river, but its width and depth were enough to at least have small ships navigating there.

We were already done with breaking the hard rock of the mountain, and were waiting for a wagon to bring us down to the ships that will bring us home.

While I was watching the carriages slowly pass the sharp turns of the trail, the girls behind me were getting so noisy, that it was no longer possible to ignore them.

“… and so what?! I hit with all my shells, New Jersey! Can you say the same?!” (Mo)

Check the output you dumbo! All you know is firing! Not the how, and not the where!” (NJ)

Enough with this, you two! Go argue somewhere else! I can’t read the book while you two are here!” (WI)

Yeah? Should I care?!” (Mo)

They were shouting so loudly, that they attracted the attention of everyone nearby, including the count.

Were they always like this…?” No matter how much he tried to cover his ears, the shrieks and shouting got through.

“Ha-ha, we were always one part team players, and the other part lone wolves. Just like back then…


October 30, 1951. Somewhere in the Pacific.

Big Sisters, are you on the line?” (WI)

Reading you loud and clear.” (NJ)

Hey there, Wisconsin! Have you crossed the Panama?” (Mo)

Yes, I did!” (WI)

What a good girl you are. Hurry up, Lady, I’m dying for the vacation!” (NJ)

I will do my best, Big Sister~!” (WI)

Forgive me for butting in…

No problem, Iowa. How are things going? Anytime soon you’re joining us?” (NJ)

I hope so.

Ha-ha! If you hurry up, maybe you’ll catch up with Wisconsin~?” (Mo)

Ah, if only…

B-big Sisters…” (WI)

What is it?” (NJ+Mo)

C-can I ask you… Erhm… S-so…” (WI)

Don’t be shy.” (Mo)

I-I j-just thought… M-maybe I’m distracting you from…” (WI)

I can always make time for helping my Little Sisters. Go ahead.” (NJ)

B-big Sisters, c-can you advise me on fighting…?” (WI)

Ah, no problem. So, it’s like…” (Mo)

It’s like what, Missouri? I believe you’ve been away for half a year, and you want to tell her something?” (NJ)

Don’t butt in, New Jersey! I was the pioneer, so…” (Mo)

You’ve been there earlier, ok. Tell me what the hell have you done in that time?” (NJ)

Got anything to say?!” (Mo)

Hey, you two! I can’t even hear Wisconsin through that chatter!

Ah…!” (NJ+Mo)

Big Sisters, don’t fight…! Please, tell me everything you know! I will do my best not to disappoint you!” (WI)

I’m sure you will. Fine, let Missouri be the first, while I’ll instruct Iowa. Sooner or later, she will join us too.” (NJ)

I’m looking forward to it.


Ah, if only we could meet at least once…!

You never did see each other…?” The count gazed at me in amazement.

“Not that we never saw each other. But in Korea we never had an opportunity to see either of us for longer than a few days. One is there, and the rest are elsewhere. But, even though we are… ‘competitive’, we always stood up for each other.”


May 7, 1956. Norfolk, USA.

Wisconsin!

Wisconsin! How was it?!” (Mo)

Wisconsin! Say something! Have they put you in a dock?” (NJ)

Yes, I’m fine now. The flooding is fully under control, and the damage is minimal.” (WI)

Thank God…!

Damn it, if only I could come and help…” (Mo)

Thank you, Big Sisters~. I’m really fine.” (WI)

What damage have you sustained?” (NJ)

Bow only. Is there something wrong…?” (WI)

Erhm… You see… I heard a thing or two… They’re going to use Kentucky for parts.” (NJ)

What…?

Iowa, calm down!” (NJ)

Ca-calm down…?! CAlM DoWn?! First it was Illinois, now they are going to get rid of the infant Kentucky?!

We can do nothing about it, Iowa.” (NJ)

Damned humans…! WHY?! WHY?!

Bi-Big Sister…?” (WI)

Iowa. Change channel. Private.” (NJ)

 

What the hell were you thinking? Do you want Wisconsin to…” (NJ)

But Kentucky…! Now it will be…!

She is already not meant to be, Iowa.” (NJ)

How can you say this?! Not only did we fail to protect Illinois, now we are letting them kill Kentucky?!

Iowa! Kentucky WILL NEVER be completed at this point! The era of battleships is past! Face it! I thank God for having them spare little Wisconsin! We can only do our best to protect the Little ones! And instead of doing your best to calm down those babies, you are scaring them even more?!

FACE THE REALITY, DAMN IT! YOUR TEARS SAVE NO ONE! SHAKE UP, IOWA, YOU ARE THEIR BIG SISTER. YOU ARE THE ONE WHOM THOSE TWO FOLLOW. It is your responsibility to protect them, our only little sisters. And I will do my best to support you. Regardless of what it will cost me.” (NJ)


M-miss Iowa…?!” When I started crying, the count searched in fluster for a handkerchief.

N-no need… I’m fine…

“Hey, Iowa! What’s up? Why were you crying?” New Jersey appeared like a ghost, out of nowhere.

None of your business…

Yeah, sure. I know it’s not my concern, but at least I must make sure that guy didn’t make you cry.” Enji gazed at the count, and then crossed her neck with a finger.

He did nothing… I’m just remembering them…”

The youngest ones?” (NJ)

Um…

“My jacket is always yours, I.” New Jersey pulled her hoodie and grinned.

Says the one who ran away, breaking Wisky’s heart…?

I don’t exactly remember anything like that…” (NJ)

At least don’t avoid my eyes when you say it!

Nooo idea…!” (NJ)

And if I remind you of it?


November 25, 1968. South China Sea.

Yes? If it’s nothing urgent, then call me later, I’m a bit busy.” (NJ)

Nothing urgent? New Jersey, not only did you disappear for two months, you also don’t even bother with contacting us! Do you have an idea how worried Wisconsin is?!

I’m serving my country, Iowa.” (NJ)

Really?

Sorry, got work to do, bye!” (NJ)

NOT SO FAST!” (WI)

Erhm… Y-you see…” (NJ)

Big Sister! I hate you!” (WI)

Hush, hush! Come on, I was away for just…” (NJ)

I hate you, New Jersey! First you disappear from your dock, and then I hear that you are off to a foreign lands, to a foreign war, killing people for no reason!” (WI)

I’m not killing people. Gooks are not humans.” (NJ)

YOU ARE THE WORST! TO HELL WITH THIS WAR! BRING MY SISTER BACK, YOU IMPOSTER!” (WI)

Iowa, say something…?” (NJ)

New Jersey. You deserve it. Burn in hell for making our little sisters worried. COME BACK SOON.

Come back soon, you idiot…

Idiot.” (WI)

0