Battle Spirit and Concept of Water
370 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Alright, time to get to work.”

Walking into his room, Lin Ming immediately raised his hand and activated the instant dungeon. He felt something travel out from within his core, through his hand and disperse into the air. ‘Did it work?’ That was when he realized; all the sounds of the city were no longer there. ‘Okay, it did work.’ A smirk appeared on his face, before he wiped it off and sat down in the lotus position. ‘Right, I have about 6 hours before I have to go to work, so with 1:100 time scale that would mean about 25 days to just focus on grinding.’ After doing a quick calculation in his head, he immediately got to work. ‘I need to get my Divine Perception, Internal Divine Perception, Meditation and Concentration to level 50 first.’ Setting a goal in his mind, he got to working.

….…….

If there was one function of the Gamer ability that Lin Ming greatly appreciated was the ability for him to continue working without needing food or sleep. It was, by far, the most useful function of the system at his level, as he didn’t need to focus eating or sleeping and could simply enter a form of flow state when grinding skills. The day and night cycles were still surprisingly present in the Instant Dungeon, making it easy for him to keep track of time.

Concentration <Active> Lv.50 Exp: 0.3%

Focus your attention, causing time to seem slower.

Slow down (perceived) time by 50%

Meditation <Active> Lv.50 Exp: 0.7%

Empty your mind, allowing you to focus on your skills as well as increase the strength of your will.

+0.005 WIS/hr

+2500% Increase in effect of all your active skills.

Divine Perception <Active> Lv.50 Exp: 0.6%

Use your Internal Divine Sense to observe the external world

500% Increase in PERCEPTION

‘It only took 10 days.’ He released a sigh. His gaze naturally wandered over to the Meditation skill. When Lin Ming had opened it up last time, after getting to level 20, he was surprised to find that the increase had changed from 20 percent to 100 percent. ‘Must be a hurdle level.’ Not minding the exponential increase, he continued to level up the skill. Another surprise awaited him at level 21, where he found that each level provided him with an increase of 10 percent instead of 1 percent. Then, at level 40 and 41, he finally understood the exact mechanism. It was such that every 20 levels, the percentage increase provided by the skill would be multiplied by five and subsequent increments in effect would be ten times higher. Hence, resulting in the crazy increase of 2500 percent in the effects of all active effects. This still wasn’t his biggest gain. Closing his eyes, a world of gray mist soon appeared in front of Lin Ming. ‘This should be the spiritual sea.’ Once his divine sense had reached a certain, he could immediately determine the existence of this mysterious space. It was like the dantian; extremely eye-catching when observed through the divine sense. More so than that, at the centre of this gray fog, was a pulsating force that Lin Ming could feel tugging at his being. It was as if something wanted to form in the centre but due to the lack of substance, it couldn’t take shape. ‘This feeling,’ he furrowed his brows, ‘it should be my battle spirit.’ The battle spirit was a mystical existence in the universe of the 33 Heavens. It was the physical embodiment of the will of a person and represented their accumulation. At the same time, it represented the strength of one’s willpower. The stronger the willpower, the higher the tier of the battle spirit. Lin Ming had condensed his battle spirit much later in the book, when he was skilled in laws of fire, thunder and space as well as a master of the spear and had a relatively high attainment in martial arts. At that time his battle spirit was a purple spear.

‘I wonder about the shape of my battle spirit.’

He released a sigh before shaking his head. Currently his accumulation was so weak that there was no way to condense a battle spirit even if he wanted to. ‘Looks like I can’t progress any further without coming up with a refinement technique.’ He released a sigh. As he had began to increase his wisdom, the pull originating from his spiritual sea had become stronger and stronger. He felt that if he went any further, the pull might simply start sucking his life. At that point, even if his battle spirit was successfully formed, he would most likely die from being sucked dry. ‘Alright, no point in thinking about these things. I had to bite the bullet eventually.’ Standing up, he stretched his stiff arms and flexed his sore back, before making his way to his backyard. Coming out of his room, he observed his backyard and found it to still be there. In fact, everything appeared to be the same, except for the gray fog lingering at the border of his house. ‘Although it looks a bit different, that should be the edge of the dungeon.’ Nodding his head, he went towards the well in his backyard. It was his source of water for bathing and washing of clothes. Peering over the edge of the well, his divine sense extended downwards into the darkness. His eyes could barely make out the surface of the water but his divine sense could easily observe within the water. In fact, he concentrated on a small volume of water and could see it at a molecular level.

It was chaotic, to say the least. However, he didn’t focus too much on the overall movement. Instead, he was paying more attention to some details. There were three key points he was able to draw from the chaotic movement. First was the concept of flow. Water flowed freely, twisting, turning and changing direction. The second was the concept of gentleness; water was easily able to divert itself, slipping past most obstacles in its way. The final concept was that of hardness. When compressed with enough force, it could erupt with a stronger counterforce to push back before gently evading. These three concepts could be utilized to summarize the chaotic movement of water.

Hey guys, really sorry about the late chapters. I've been working overtime for the past week so I was too tired to post the new chapters by  the time I got home. As promised last week, here are the 5 chapters for this week. These chapters are also a lot more fast paced than before. I hope you enjoy reading them. Do let me know about any problems in them.

10