Earth and Metal
347 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Gentleness and Hardness, with Flow connecting the two.’

He rubbed his chin before closing his eyes. He clenched his hand, drawing the true essence out from his dantian. Instead of immediately pulling it to his fist, he utilized his soulforce to cause it to create a loop before giving it a spinning spiral. Then, he pushed it towards his fist. At the same time, his fist shot out synchronously. His fist landed on the air soon as the spiraling true essence emerged. The kinetic energy from his fist actually caused the side of the loop facing him to distort and bend inwards. Naturally this caused overlapping of the two sides of the loop, meaning that the true essence moving in two different directions clashed. The collision caused the loop to snap back to its circular shape, whilst increasing the force of spinning due to the counterforce and distorting the loop again. It was a snowball effect caused by the feedback loop of the rubber-banding true essence resulting in the collision of the different sides of the loop.

It all happened in the blink of an eye. The only reason Lin Ming was able to observe all of this in slow-motion was due to Concentration and Meditation. To an ordinary observer, it seemed as if Lin Ming had punched out, causing a glowing blue ball of rapidly rotating true essence to shoot out, growing bigger the further it spread, before finally crashing into the back wall of the residence and grinding a part of it into dust. ‘Another terrifying skill.’ Lin Ming gulped as he stared at the damage, before paying attention notification.

[Congratulations on creating an attack martial art!]

[Lin Ming’s Water Fist Martial Art has been created]

Opening up the skill description, he wasn’t surprised to see the skill had already been optimized by the system.

Lin Ming’s Water Fist Martial Art <Active> Lv. 1

10 MP

A martial art created by Lin Ming, it utilizes and integrates the first three laws of the Concept of Water. User skilfully manipulates true essence into a loop before shooting out from the fist, the resulting rotating ball deals 100 points of base damage with additional 100 points of damage per 1m it travels up to a maximum of 10,000 points of damage. The mana used can be adjusted according to the user.

+10 points of base damage and addition for every point of MP utilized by the skill.

 x10 maximum damage for every 2 points of MP utilized by the skill.

‘This is a very interesting skill.’ He nodded at the maximum damage that the skill could output. It was such a high value that he was almost certain that anyone below pulse condensation would be killed when faced with it. There were two problems however; the first problem being the fact that even though the speed of the attack was fast, it was only as fast as an arrow. There was no way anyone was going to stand there wait for an arrow to hit them from a 100 meters away. The second problem was the fact that the ball couldn’t change directions midair and traveled in a straight line. Unless he caught someone unawares, even then the sound produced by the rapidly rotating ball was never going to be ignored, it was virtually impossible to hit them from that far.

‘Still, hitting them from 10 meters should be possible, which still makes this skill very powerful.’

Shaking his head, he sat cross-legged on the dirt. It was time to comprehend another one of the five elements; Earth. His divine sense naturally sunk into the ground underneath him. This time, it took him even less time to understand the concepts behind earth. The earth was dense, it was unyielding and it produced a sinking force, also known as gravity in his previous world.

He opened his eyes and opened his palm before raising it up. At the same time, he pulled out a clump of true essence and spread it out on his palm. Then another clump was pulled out and laid out on top of the previous clump. By the time the palm was raised above his head, he had already stacked ten layers.

‘Now!’

He flipped his palm, causing a yellow glow to aggregate around it as he pushed it down. By the time it had reached the floor, it was traveling faster than ever. A cloud of dust rose up as cracks appeared around Lin Ming, spreading out from underneath his palm as the earth waved like a rocky ocean. He was forced to stand up in order to endure the shock-waves.

[Congratulations on creating an attack martial art!]

[Lin Ming’s Earth Palm Martial Art has been created]

He smirked retracted his palm, dusting off the sediments that had settled on him. He didn’t bother bringing up the skill description this time.

‘I’ll have a look at all of them together later.’

He made his way inside, ignoring the mess he had created in the courtyard.

….………………

Lin Ming fiddled with the deboning knife.

‘The design and shape of this thing is always interesting to look at.’ The Grand Clarity Pavilion had provided him with the deboning knife upon his request. Although it was somewhat expensive, Grand Clarity Pavilion could afford hundreds of these deboning knives. At the same time, it was also a form of trust towards Lin Ming, in that they trusted him enough to not run away with the knife. ‘Alright, time to get to work.’ Wiping the smirk off his face, he focused his divine sense on the knife. In his black and white vision, he could see small lights, all arranged in a semi-organized manner. In between these lights were bridges that were also made of lights, albeit extreme faint and flickering. ‘Right, metals are crystalline in nature.’ After creating three types of moves, it didn’t even take him much thought to come up with the metal attributed martial art. Being on a roll meant inspiration was flowing through him without any obstructions. Drawing out true essence, he separated it into two small motes of light with the small amount of true essence utilized to link them together. Then, he pushed it out through his finger as he pointed at the paper window. A bronze light flew out before striking the piece of paper and splitting it in half.

[Congratulations on creating an attack martial art!]

[Lin Ming’s Metal Finger Martial Art has been created]

10