Not Worthy
465 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What should Lin Ming's Body Training Manual be called?
  • Five Elements Reinforcement
  • Forward-Reverse Elemental Phase
  • Five Phases Cycle
  • Five Elemental Phases
  • Five Phases Dao Body Art
Total voters: 11 · This poll was closed on Feb 18, 2022 06:41 AM.

‘This is awfully convenient.’

There was an old man wearing a blue robe and carrying a sword behind him that lead the rest of the elders. Right behind him was a middle-aged man with a square jaw and two sword-like brows. ‘This must be Ouyang Shenxui.’ Lin Ming gaze moved to the elder with the sword. ‘Then this would be Jiang Wuji.’ His gaze finally moved to the stocky elder that had was hovering a small distance away. ‘Huo Xuan? I have no clue.’ None of them had ever actually announced their names. He was simply guessing at their identities, which was made even more difficult given the fact that half of these characters never had a description in the actual novel, only being described as looking attractive.

“May I know your name good sir?” His thoughts were interrupted by the person he guessed was Jiang Wuji.

He shook his head at the elder. “My name isn’t important. I only had a small request-I need directions to the Divine Phoenix Island.”

“This…” the old man furrowed his brows, before looking up at him, “may I know the reason behind your visit?”

Lin Ming nodded whist furrowing his brows. “I want to apply for the position of a guest elder, as well as see an old friend.” Of course he was lying about the old friend part.

The old man shook his head. “I’m afraid I cannot indulge fellow martial artist.”

He nodded. “Very well. I guess there are plenty of sects around. I can ask one of them.” He turned around only to be blocked by the person he suspected was Ouyang Shenxui.

“This matter isn’t over yet. You have broken the rules established by our Total Faction; please compensate us accordingly.”

“Compensation?” Lin Ming smirked, yet his eyes seemed to become somewhat hollow. “You aren’t worthy.” He operated the Zephyr body’s ability to control soundwaves, amplifying them by dumping 100MP into the skill. The Meditation skill had reached level 60 after two months of meditation, this allowed him to increase the effect of his active abilities by 175 times. As a result, dumping 100MP into a single attack was the same as dumping 17500MP under Meditation. Amplifying the word “worthy”, it became louder and louder until finally the sound had become a booming noise. The elders surrounding him didn’t stand a chance as the soundwave, which had turned into a shockwave, struck them like a hammer, sending them flying.

He simply watched them all flying away. Some of them further away managed to react in time as lights bloomed, bouncing from the impact. The ones most affected were Jiang Wuji and Ouyang Shenxui, due to being the closest they didn’t have time to react to the shockwave.

‘I don’t think I hit them that hard.’

He had expanded his Divine Sense and could tell that they were alive, just unconscious inside their craters.

“Senior, please forgive us for being impudent.” The stout old man he had thought was Huo Xuan was the first to recover as he came forward and cupped his hands. Lin Ming simply nodded at him.

“I don’t need your apology. If you can tell me the direction of Divine Phoenix Island, that will be more than enough.”

Huo Xuan, or at least the person he thought was Huo Xuan, nodded his head before flipping his palm. A map appeared out thin air on it. ‘Storage rings, I’m probably going to have study them in order to understand the element of space.’ He extended his divine sense and picked up the map, stuffing it into the inventory. Whilst playing around with the inventory, he had discovered that as long as he could touch something with his Divine Sense, he would be able to put it inside his inventory. Huo Xuan’s eyes popped open alongside his mouth, but he simply ignored the reaction and instead turned around, flying off into the distance. Huo Xuan heard a booming sound before a light appeared just before dipping below the horizon. It was only then that Huo Xuan relaxed somewhat.

“Patriarch Huo!” Hearing the shout, he turned around and left towards the peak.

“Clean up the mess and help Patriarchs Jiang and Ouyang. Come to me after tallying the damage across the sect.”

….………………..

‘This is incredibly helpful.’

Lin Ming stared at the map in front of him. This map was labeled with lots of different points, including the locations of Seven Profound Valleys, Moon Seizing Sect as well as the Divine Phoenix Island and the general location of the South Sea Demon Region. ‘With this, I could make my way over to the Divine Phoenix Island whenever I want.’ He placed the map back into his inventory and continued heading back. ‘Now that I have this map, I don’t have to worry too much about rushing to the Divine Phoenix Island. I can take my time increasing my strength and waiting for the Black Cube to show up. After that, I will probably head to the Divine Phoenix Island and see what kind of arrangement I can make with them.’ He continued zooming into the night, albeit at a more leisurely pace than before.

The night soon receded as the sun appeared over the horizon. Lin Ming, whom was flying above the cloud witnessed the sunrise as the first rays of dawn washed over him, bringing him some warmth in his heart. He decided to land and rest for 30 mins before continuing his journey back. As he landed on the top of a mountain, he saw a deer, also resting with its eyes closed. ‘Its not running away?’ He raised an eyebrow at the deer, then he realized; the back leg of the deer had been bitten and was only hanging on by a few tendons and scabs. ‘I wonder if my healing skill works on this little guy.’ Landing nearby, Lin Ming walked over and placed his hand above the wound before activating Heal. A warm, green glow appeared in his palm, emanating on the wound below. He was still using Meditation, as it was a skill that didn’t require MP from him to activate. As a result, the glow was a lot more concentrated and the result was equally potent. The muscles, tendons and flesh wriggled as scab peeled off and the tissue began covering up the wound. Very soon, the wound was no more. Lin Ming sat back down on a nearby stone. His gaze shifted away from the nearby deer and towards the far horizon where the sun was starting peek out from under the horizon. A small nudging sensation appeared on his leg, causing him to look over and realize the deer hadn’t run away.

8