45: Fergus, the 5th Otherworlder
757 18 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His messy hair tied back into a ponytail that missed quite a few strands of hair, Fergus, with a slight smell wafting off of him, introduced himself, “I’m Fergus. I’m probably the best out of everyone here, at least probably the best spear user. I was summoned from another world, so, you know, naturally gifted and all that.” 

Silence falling on the table, everyone could be seen with strange expressions. In particular, Jayce, famed far and wide for his unparalleled skills with a spear, raised his eyebrow, a mixture of amusement and offendedness blending on his face like two colors on a canvas. 

With everyone at the table silent, Fergus nodded, satisfied that he must’ve intimidated everyone and shown them how cool he was, leaning back into his chair with a confident gleam in his eye. 

Those around him wrinkling their noses, the discussion continued on, Dexter leading everyone through some light ice breakers while sprinkling in some information about the upcoming expedition. 

----------

Later however, on the training grounds, with sweat pouring down their backs and their backs falling against the ground over and over again, were Oliver, Damien, Josephine, Rachel, and their trainer-teacher Kaitlyn. Even with the sky overhead cloudy, threatening snowfall at any moment, the five of them were using one of the training grounds, with Oliver, Damien, Josephine, and Rachel all honing their respective skills, while Kaitlyn provided advice and occasional spars. 

With their door opening with a creak, several of them stopped, their weapons hanging by their sides, as a gust of wind revealed a foul-faced, foul-mouthed Fergus, “So what’s up, you shit-heads? Why you all here?”

An ugly expression surfacing on several of their faces, Fergus grinned, a lecherous glint in his eyes as he looked up and down Josephine and Rachel, the grin only widening as he looked at Kaitlyn, the adventurer he had seen at the roundtable. 

“Dude...” Oliver began, standing before Fergus to block his obvious ill-intentions, “Just fuck off won’t you?”

Laughing with a jeering and mocking expression, Fergus held up two middle fingers in Oliver’s face, pushing him back, spittle flying from his mouth, “What, you afraid of me? You afraid that my solo training made me better than you all? While you all went off adventuring together I trained alone, becoming the best spear user in the world! I could smack all of you!” 

“Sure, we alllll believe you,” Josephine called out, giving Fergus the middle finger, “You must be sooooo good at using the spear now, right?”

“I don’t care about you, Josephine.” Fergus retorted, glowering at her from the entryway he was at, “All you do is talk, talk, talk, don’t you know how to shut the fuck up?” 

“Nah,” Josephine chuckled being in the midst of a break in her own training, flicking a knife in the air while taking a sip of water, “I don’t know how to ‘shut the fuck up’ but you keep talking about it, so maybe you know how to do it? Why don’t you then? Your mouth literally hangs open like a shit dispenser.”

Pounding on his own chest and flexing his muscles, Fergus pushed his hair back, cracking his neck while boasting with a cackle, “I do, I do. With honor, in fact. I’ve journeyed far and wide, you don’t know how many people I’ve shut up, how many girls, how many guys, all of them have lost against me! The alpha male!” 

“Really now...” Josephine sighed while hearing him emphasize ‘alpha’ to an unreasonable degree, “That was probably the worst selective hearing I’ve heard in a while... you misinterpreted it so badly north probably sounded like south to you...” 

Watching Fergus get occupied while quarreling with Oliver who was stopping him from running forward and brawling with the others training, Josephine shook her head, standing up and putting her water down, “No wonder he thought all the girls liked him...”

His chest puffed out, arms spread wide, face bellicose, Fergus, with a leer, looked over Oliver’s shoulder towards Kaitlyn, letting out a sarcastic laugh, “So you’re one of the X-Ranked people aren’t, ya? One of those pathetic past-their-prime losers.” 

Seeing Kaitlyn dead-eyed stare and slight nod, Fergus’s lascivious grin widened, a small laugh escaping his lips as he taunted, “You’re nothing! You five ‘heroes’ were nothing! I could defeat you, easy! Literally could do it in my sleep, look at you! You’re weak as hell I bet, fight me won’t you? You’d be better off retiring or working in a brothel!”

Not getting any reaction from her, Fergus watched as Kaitlyn turned away, beginning to make light conversation with Rachel who was next to her. Watching Rachel wipe some sweat from her forehead before asking Kaitlyn for a duel, Fergus felt the blood rush to his head as he tried to run forward, only to see Oliver standing in front of him again. 

His hand reaching back towards the long spear slung across his back, Fergus’s eyes narrowed as he scowled, “Get. Out. Of. My. Way.”

“No.” Answered Oliver with a shit-eating grin on his face, crossing his arms before continuing, “Also, wouldn’t recommend pulling out your spear right now, this is a training weapon area only. You pull out that spear and everyone in the building is coming after you if you hurt someone.” 

His hand lowering away from his spear, Fergus spat on the ground with an angry mutter, sauntered forward, pushing Oliver aside. Then, making his way over to Kaitlyn and Rachel, having pushed aside Damien as well who had been standing nearby ready to stop him, Fergus grabbed a spear off the rack, pointing it towards Kaitlyn with a lust-filled grin, “Fight me, weak as hell loser.” 

“Why should I?” Kaitlyn retorted, anger beginning to surface on her face after the rounds of taunting, turning back towards him as he walked closer and closer with the spear pointed towards her. 

“Otherwise, I’ll just start fighting you,” Fergus grinned, getting into a fighting position, “I don’t care about the others, I can beat them any day of the week, I know how they fight. But you, you’re a worthy challenge, a worthy opponent to stomp into the ground.” 

Handing one of her two training swords to Rachel while waving the others off who had been preparing to enter a fight, Kaitlyn turned back towards Fergus, ready to teach him a lesson.  

“Fine.”

Thanks for reading~!! Please leave a comment~!!

uhmm... yeah kinda a like... arggghhhhh chapter
but yes yes next chapter will be a (hopefully) satisfying fight
yeahhh...

I don't know i'm just like writing at this point since i don't got much else to guide me

Thanks for reading you alll
take care you reader peoples!
<3

39