50: Training Ground Confrontation
727 12 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the feast ended, the platters of food all being taken away back to the kitchens, the adventurers, servants, along with other inhabitants of the castle all returned to their rooms. With each adventurer getting their own room, a small but cozy room, in the expansive castle, people unpacked their belongings, settling into their new temporary homes. 

Sitting on her bed and staring off into space, Kaitlyn sighed, propping her elbows against the windowsill, deciding to look at the training field rather than look into herself. Having always gotten the same room, Chelsea was meticulous in that aspect, Kaitlyn enjoyed the same view of the elaborate castle. 

The training area having walls running through it to separate several different areas out for different people, Kaitlyn scanned the areas in hopes of finding someone she was acquainted with, “... Doesn’t seem like anyone is training... Do I train alone again?” 

Turning to look at her well-worn swords, Kaitlyn let out a long sigh, pushing herself off the windowsill before grabbing her swords and heading out. The door closing behind her with a smooth click, Kaitlyn’s footsteps echoed down the hall with a gentle rhythm as she made her way towards the training grounds. 

--------

The Training Grounds. 

Hardened dirt floors, walls just tall enough to give everyone privacy, the training grounds were quite well-maintained, having a wide array of training weapons for anyone using the grounds.

As Kaitlyn walked up, the sounds of several people practicing hard could be heard, swords clashing, people shouting, people grunting. Pushing the door open, Kaitlyn looked around for an open training area, scanning the doors to the areas for one that read, “Unoccupied”

Finding one on the far end, Kaitlyn jogged over, pushing the door open while flipping the sign. Doing some light stretches while walking to the middle of the training ground, Kaitlyn put her swords to the side before beginning some proper warmup. 

Working up a light sweat, Kaitlyn crouched down, brushing the dust and dirt off her swords with care before wrapping her hands around the two familiar hilts. 

Inhale. 

Exhale. 

Swing, swing... swing... swing... 

Going through her forms, reviewing her techniques, Kaitlyn tuned out her surroundings, retreating into her mind while immersing herself into her single-minded training. As sweat began to flow more, Kaitlyn, just as she was about to really get into her training, was interrupted by an exuberant voice. 

“Fight me, Kaitlyn!”

“Fight meeeee!” 

Having spotted Kaitlyn stretching from her office, Chelsea bolted, throwing her paperwork aside before rushing down to the training grounds. Then, bursting into the training area with an uncountable number of wooden swords strapped to her, Chelsea challenged Kaitlyn with a gleam in her eye. 

Lowering her swords like a snail with an unimpressed stare, Kaitlyn asked, “Did you do all your work? For someone so responsible and well-rounded as a duchess you always throw aside work when you have the chance to duel someone...” 

“I totally didn’t!” Chelsea laughed, hands on her hips as she squinted towards her office, “They’re finding out about it right now, probably!” 

A long, drawn-out, lingering sigh escaping her lips, Kaitlyn stared off at the sky, begging for answers to why Chelsea was obsessed with dueling with her. 

Pulling out a long sword, Chelsea, again, challenged, “Fight me! I’ve improved, but I’m sure you have too!” 

Having caught her breath, Kaitlyn replied with a small nod, backing away to get in position before readying herself for the duel. 

With a coin in her hand, Chelsea flipped it a few times as a grin surfaced on her face, “I’ve been waiting so long to fight you again! Today’s the day, today’s the day! Life is amazing!” 

A laugh escaping her lips, Chelsea threw the coin high into the air, gripping her sword as her face calmed and she got herself ready for battle. 

One. 

Snowflakes, though low in number, continued to fall. 

Two. 

Though excited, two small clouds of moisture still escaped the two duelists' mouths. 

Three. 

Clink. 

Not even half a moment later, the two leapt towards each other, ready to fight it out once more. 

--------

“She’s gone?” A long-haired man asked, looking up from his own small stack of paperwork, “You’re saying she just... disappeared and her desk is a mess?” 

“Y-Yes Sir Blaine...” the servant confirmed, bowing with fervor to apologize, “The duchess disappeared, though, on the way several other servants were whispering that she was laughing like crazy as she ran out... could it be...?” 

“Similar to last year?” Blaine asked, massaging the bridge of his nose as he stood up, “If I was a betting man, I’d be betting that it was...” 

Pulling a coat off the coat rack beside him, Blaine threw it on, striding out of the room while instructing, “Go get Knight Commander Millicent, if she’s not already there, of course.” 

The door getting thrown open, the two exited the room, with the servant rushing towards the Knights Barracks while Blaine proceeded towards the training area where he could already see a bit of group forming. 

Pushing through the crowd, Blaine scrunched his eyebrows as he heard the murmurs around him. 

“Did you hear? Kaitlyn and Chelsea are dueling right now!” 

“Ohhhh, we have to see this then! Let me through!” 

“Let me! I want to see the two fight!” 

“I’m getting aroused just thinking about the two fighting...” 

“What the-?”

“Do you think there was a conflict between the two? Maybe internal disagreement within the previous Demon King slaying party?” 

“Why would Kaitlyn be invited then...” 

Shaking his head at the rumors being spread along with the... voices of unsavory individuals, Blaine pushed his way through, with the crowd parting a little before him.

Coming to the front of the crowd, the crowd having burst through the door to the practice area, Blaine sighed as he came up beside a stern Millicent. 

“Happened again, Millicent?” 

“Yep, on the nose as always, Blaine.” 

Arms crossed, Blaine and Millicent stood at the forefront of the crowd, both watching the fight in front of them unfold with stern expressions. 

Looking around, Blaine could also see that several of the otherworlders were present, along with the previous Demon King party. 

His eyebrows furrowing, Blaine then whispered to the taller Millicent, “Dexter’s egging them on again...” 

“Again?” 

“Always.”

Thanks for reading~!! Please leave a comment~!!

Totally forgot to like... schedule a chapter last night...

awkward...

well ermmm... at least it's coming out yeah? ... only 4.5 hours late...

Thanks for reading thoughhh~!! take care take care you reader peoples <3

40