Chapter 1 – Gloom
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boredom is the greatest enemy, it would pop up each time one loses their gadgets and everytime there's a black out. I, myself, fight this enemy with my imagination and writing skills. I put time into making up a story in the spot and doing what I could do to make myself satisfied.

“This book looks good, how much is it?” 

I saw a book on sale while strolling in the supermarket after the typhoon. I had some savings and bought it home. It was a story of fantasy, somewhat relevant to modern low ones which would mostly circulate around gates,towers and monsters. 

This novel was named ‹Gale Punishment› circulating around it's hero, Gun. I don't know how to properly describe him, strong, willful, courageous and powerful? Ah, yep, those we're correct. The over powered protagonist rose to fame quick and I, although reading the same plotlines over and over, couldn't help but not skip it since it brought satisfaction and fulfillment upon the time I reached the end. 

“Are you merry?” 

My lips pursued a half smile as I giggled a bit.

“Merry.”

And the last word slipped past by my lips before I saw my life flashing before my eyes. I could hear the shrieks and screams of terrors of many as I found unimaginable pain striking within my flesh into my insides. 

I watched as surrounding crowds enter into a craze and panic, there then appeared the issue I wanted to mend. Everyone was busy crying with their low ass problems that nobody step forward to call for an ambulance. 

‘Hey humans, I'm dying ’

As I thought about it, I puked blood, what a bad day. I'm in an accident but no one spared care. Now that I think about it, how come have I become a victim? If I remember well, I stayed along the sidewalk, looking around to govern my safety when a car crashed.

It was an expensive car and after it crashed, the next car before it followed and a chain accident happened. The truck was the final chain and unfortunately, it headed towards my spot in a very past pace leaving me with no time to escape.

I should be in turmoil now but who cares. 

I don't.

I'm basically suffering but no one payed attention so why don't I do the same? My limbs had gone stiff from being run over by the huge wheels and I felt my blood draining out.

“Kyaaaaa!”

Oh, one saw me. Thank goodness, please call the hospital — no, call the morgue instead, young lady. I'm in a gruesome state right now and the possibility of living is 20% with a chance of being a cripple if saved.

Ah, spare my thought to make effort in thinking. My energy has depleted and I feel myself drowsy and my consciousness grew faded.




Inside this abyssal place, I could only vaguely remember what the colorful world was. 


That final scene of passing out because of my injuries, the flashing scene of the truck rolling towards me, the last scene of walking home after finishing my work course, these are all what I can remember, and the rest....I don't know.


I'm very perplexed about how relax and calm my inner thoughts are, when in reality, I wasn't. 


Pain much bigger and painful than what I have experienced during the accident was incomparable towards what I am currently feeling...mentally. 


Darkness can't be purged with another darkness, only light can do that. And I'm another shadow of no individualism, an ordinary typical human that has the singularity of invisibility. 


When I thought I have been living in the darkness for too long while alive, I realized that I was blind. The state on where I am currently was, was worse and it almost turned myself, broken. 


No one can live in a bright blank room, same goes for No one can survive the abyss. It's lucky for me to say that fortunately, I was saved. I managed to retain sanity...this was thanks to what I experienced in the past. 


The lifelong probing gaze towards where the exit was, a fragment of glitter fell down.


‘That....?’


 I was intoxicated by this mirror shard, I was crazed to go there and pick it up. Like what was told, I followed my will. Arriving before this bright light, my dark surroundings ceased as light engulfed the circle of area within me. 


That was what I last saw before the feeling of breathing oxygen and the nature filled atmosphere surged inside me. My eyes opened, my blue orbs was staring towards this familiar but unfamiliar place.


I didn't even need to ask and guess, this was the hospital. The smell of disinfectants was like dew and mist. When my vision managed to get clearer, so did my other senses. 


There was a throb in my abdomen area, and I could hear distinct sobbing sounds. It was close, and my heart seems to tell me to look towards the source.


I blankly moved my stiff neck to the right and saw two silhouettes, one bigger than the other.


 A female woman was crying and whimpering while holding my hand, she looked aged and I knew that I never met someone like her before in my life. 


I then glanced at the male adolescent who was patting the woman's back, neither did I met someone like him before. 


‘Who are they?’


I was curious on who these strangers were. Now that AI think about it, could they have been the family of the truck driver? That must be possible.


I opened my mouth and forced out a cracked voice as I voiced, “H...Hello...?” 


As I finished speaking, the woman still sobbed but the youth had already turned to face me. There, I saw a face that would definitely win multiple idol shows. Not kidding, it's true. 


When his gaze came to me, I saw his eyes turn red. His lips trembled as he asked, “...Brother?...”


Brother? Uh, no, we are not brothers. I have no parents, I'm an orphan. And I won't think of a possibility of my parents returning.


He became quiet after he spoke that. And she I thought that the atmosphere has gotten awkward, he launched himself towards me and hugged my aching body.


“You're awake! Thank God!” 


...


...It'd be better if it was a woman hugging me because I won't be cringed as how I'm currently am. 









1