Chapter 2 – Realization
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman finally stopped sobbing. She looked towards the two and her eyes widened with shock. “Vain!” She screamed with relief. 

The man lying on the bed was pale. He was wearing hospital clothes and his eyes were moistened from being asleep for a very long time. 

The woman ignored the confused emotion surging within the azure orbs of the hospitalized man. She leaned forward, pushed her son away and hugged him intimately. 

Vain blushed, he was never hugged by a woman before. Especially his mom — and a sudden realization came upon him as a large amount of data surged inside his brain. 

Vain was able to handle the pain but his head ached uncomfortably. He pushed the woman away and couched down, his hands holding his head as he found himself inside a capsule of memories. 

Vain Yuki. 

An unfamiliar but familiar name. Vain didn't had Yuki as a surname before, at most, his name was Vain Yumi. 

An abandoned child found inside a stroller outside the orphanage. He might be pitiful when he was such an infant but despite that, there were more people like him and much more worse off.

This Vain Yuki, he was the second son of the Yuki family. A family that was higher standards from most middle class family, in other words, well-off. 

Vain was the middle child, he had a big brother named Vine and a little sister named Valerie.

 His position in the family was somewhat worse, in most cases, he would often be ignored and unnoticed. 

In the dwell of knowledge, Vain knew that this Vain was similar to him — They were both mobs, someone who doesn't stand out. 

After reading all the memories, Vain gasped in relief as his shoulders staunched down. With no mistake, he had transmigrated. He had died in his world and now have taken residue inside this body who shares the same first name...

“Vain, are you alright?” 

I looked up and caught sight of 'my' brother's worried face. The pain had brashly went by and my face turned colorful once again. “..Im alright, brother. Just a mild concussion.” I replied. 

“Thank goodness you're okay.” Vanessa, ’my’ mom, said while wiping away her tears. She seems to have forgotten I've pushed her away, not like she started a conversation regarding it, so I let it go.

While massaging my forehead, I frowned, “What...happened..?” I asked. 

I also noticed that 'my' sister was not present, it couldn't have been that she was part of my accident — not like I knew how I came to be, the memories of the previous Vain was muddled upon reaching the end. 

Vine frowned as well as he spoke, “Mom and I found you bloodied in the stairways. That event...have you forgotten about it?” 

I nodded, “...Yes.” 

“..You must also forgotten that you had a fever after that. Later, you began sweating profusely so Mom and I sent you to the hospital..” Vain added before glancing at Vanessa.

Vanessa chimed, “Dear, you have been in coma for too long. If you can't remember the details before the accident,  let's just pause this matter and resume it later on.” 

Her blue eyes then looked upon where my stomach was and added, “You have not eaten for so long, how about this, Mom will cook your favorite dishes and rest.”

I silently face palmed inwardly as I knew that Mom never knew what my favorite food was.

 As I was about to speak, Vine smiled and held Vanessa as he said, “Mom, I'll cook for brother instead. You should go and help Valerie with preparing the bouquet of white flowers for dad.”

1