Chapter 2- Shop and the second challenge
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "So how do I spend these points?"  Asks Jack
[Just st the word shop and you will be able to use them]

And so he did. And just like he expected an online shop appeared in front of him floating in the black room.

The items were many and confusing. Jack had no way to understand anything that he saw so he tried to navigate his way around this shop.

After opening the search bar and typing what he wanted in front of him appeared just one book.
" There it is. It costs only 50 points that is good."
Jack immediatly bought the book And 'consumed' it. Just like a skill book all the knowledge it had was imprinted in Jack's mind.

"Very nice now I know what I can get from the shop and there were also some tips about what are generally the best items to take."
What Jack had bought was a boom titled.
'The shop and what to buy.'

And like that Jakck started searching for the items he wanted.
After half an hour of buying he finished and closed the shop. After that he immidiatly used the items he bought.

He had bought a status page. An item that allows you to see your status any time you want.

"Status" he called and in front of him appeared the numerical value of his body and mind.

**STATUS**
HP: 11/11
MP: 0/200
SP: 100/100
Main class: None
Secondary class: Strategist lvl 1(0%)

Strength: 1.1
Dexterity: 1.3
Vitality: 1.0
Intelligence: 2.0
Wisdom: 1.4
Willpower: 1.5
Charisma: 1.8

Strategist Skills : Calm mind lvl 1(0%)
-----------------------------------

Jack didn't know but his stats were really on the better side of humanity. With a very high charisma and a wisdom that shouldn't exist on a 21 year old university student. But the most impressive was his intelligence. He had double the intelligence of a normal adult human Making him an extremely smart man.

But obviously Jack didn't buy just that. He also bought a sword gland some armour that made his stats better and had their own special effects. He also bought a bag of holding were he can put the items he bought and hide them from anyone wanting to steal them.

But with all the things he bought the most important as this.
The second job scroll. It is a scroll that gives an extra slot for a secondary job to the person that uses it. This scroll can be used an infinite amount of times and it can bring immense benefits to someone. And also it is completely separated from someone's usual amount of secondary slots. It just gives the user more and does not open the slot sooner than the user could

And so Jack used it and in the new slot without hesitation he picked the Strategist class. This calls in Jack's opinion is not great enough to be used as a main Class and so he was ready to give up on it but after finding this item he was sure that he could benefit a lot from buying it even thought it cost 500 points.

With this class ready and at level one Jack had spent 1000 points this time and he was ready to go on the next challenge.

He didn't know that even the book he bought at the start that cost 50 points would be considered really expensive by most of human kind.

The room faded away and Jack opened his eyes only to be confused. What he saw was unexpected. He Jack was having an audience with the city Lord. Wich city Lord? Well the father of the fat noble kid he had just saved from those goblins a while ago.

"Why am I here ? I thought every challenge was going to be a different scenario?.... well I mean the scenario is different but the main character is still the same... sigh~~~"
Jack sighs mentally inside his head and starts paying attention to want the city Lord is saying.

"And so for you brave actions and quick mind. For saving my son and killing a goblin leader I will confer upon you the position of 25-man team leader."

"Thank you esteemed city Lord for your kindness."
Jack bows and says the words that he thinks are fitting for the situation.
" I know this is sudden but I need you to get familiarised with your new troops quickly. Because a week from now I want you and your men to March towards the Pathos river up the forest and
Attack what appears to be the goblin tribe of this leader you fought."

"Yes my Lord. I will immediately meet my soldiers. "

Jack was all ready afraid that his chances of clearing this challenge in one try are few and even clearing it with a great score like the previous one seems impossible with that Jack bowed once again and left the hall. While going towards the barracks he was briefed by the city Lord assistant on the information about the tribe.

"It turns out that around 100 goblins live there. They don't have a goblin shaman but they do have archers. Around twenty of them. And there is a chance that more goblins live there and they were out hunting just like the group you encountered."

"Thank you very much for the information."
'These bastards clearly want me to die. Why did they even place me at such a position I don't have the strength to be a 5-man leader and I am now placed in charge of five of those like Lorence. This is gonna be bad. They won't even accept me. I need to think. And from what I got they are five men teams unrelated to each other that were formed just recently.

After walking for a while and being guided by the previous memories of this body Jack reached the barracks. He walked to his new area and saw the 25 men standing in groups of five men away from one another. After pausing for a little bit and gathering his thoughts Jack called out to them.

"Hello fellow soldiers I would like you all to stop what you are doing and listen to me for a while!"

The troops turned to look at Jack. Checking him out with the eyes of hawks or at least they tried to. But they were not that experienced. Most of them had finished basic training 1 month ago and only the 5-men captains had experience on the battlefield.

" I am as of today appointed as the captain of this team. And I will say a few things and set a few rules. I am not the strongest here. It is true that you 5 captains are stronger than me. At least physically. But.."

" Then why do we have to listen to you ey?! You are just as inexperienced as these brats one here!"

"Well If you SHUT up and let me speak then you can get the answers to your questions. But it seems you didn't get raised correctly and weren't taught any manners as a child. It is fine I'll will teach you with time. Tell me your name now."

"You....how dare you.."
"Impudent soldier. How dare you talk back to a superior!"
Jack quickly wears the pair of uncommon gloves he bought from the shop walked towards the soldier trying to speak up and slapped him to the ground. Thought that wasn't his purpose, but he had misjudged the gloves power.

With the soldier having a red imprint on half of his head and Jack now back in his previous position he got the name of the soldier and finally continued his speech. The soldier was named Paves... John paves.

"So from where I left of.... I may not be stronger, that is if you don't count my equipment, I am completly sure that I am a smarter. This doesn't mean that I won't lesiten to any of your suggestions but it means that I am a strategist and I have the ability make the best of what is to come. Which entails heading through he forest to a goblin tribe and exterminating All of its more than 100 members only with this team."

"At this point the soldiers all hissed... even the most inexperienced new how impossible this was and some really wanted to escape right away but before anyone spoke Jack continued

"No one leaves. Tommorow we will head out towards the forest in the east for some practical training. If anyone knows the way inside the forest they can speak up now. That is all. You should train a little for tomorrow so that you can be in the best shape."

In a weird turn of events the person that came forward to guide that troop in the forest was John. He apologized for his earlier actions and said that as a former adventurer he new those parts of the Darkwood forest quite well.

This city, Talia city was a small city of adventurers. It was almost surrounded by the Darkwood forest on the East, North-East and South-East. This made it so that not even a village existed further I  this directions from it. It was the furthest outpost of the kingdom in the east and it's population varied a lot. But thankfully the climate was mild and the plains wide while the rivers were big giving it a fertile land that was sadly left untapped thanks to the threat of the monsters that live in the forest. And because of that the city has an adventurers guild inside it and is known to the kingdom as the city of adventurers the is to the percentage of them that take up it's population.

Jack worked out a few things with John and went to his sleeping quarters. Were he spent the night.
The next morning all of the soldiers were up and ready very early.
And the march towards the forest began immidiatly. It wouldn't take they long as it was very close. At most an hour. Even after a stop.

On e they reached there they sat down to recharge their stamina completely while Jack sat in the front and talked to John about what kind of dangers they could expect.

"Sir.Jack the danger here aren't really that many. The thing we should be beware of the most are the Dark Bears and the Silver Wolves. Other than that there are the Blood vines that most adventurers come here for but with this many men they are not a problem."

John was speaking to Jack with even more respect compared to the day before after the slap. But this respect could be seen in all of the soldiers faces. This At first startled Jack but he immidiatly cursed himself for being stupid. It is obvious that they would admire him after seeing his equipment. It was Tier 0 uncommon ranked set of equipment and it looked really impressive compared to the lousy armour these soldiers wore.
The only thing that gather even more respect was the sword. The pitch black longsword with a beautiful hand-guard design caught their attention completely. It exuded a dense killing intent making someone at the level of the soldiers incapable of looking at it for very long.

This longsword Was a Tier 0 Rare ranked item and was different compared to the armour set. But enough of that.

After gathering his thoughts this University student turnednow captain of 25 men and murderer. Started this one day expedition in the forest. At first there were many problems. Jack wasn't used to ordering 25 people around, especially in a cluttered environment like this dense forest but after using calm mind the first time and after some fundamentals of teamwork and chemistry was born between the soldiers. The troops got the hang if it. They chopped down many blood vines and they even met a small pack of 5 Silver wolves but right after activating, calm mind
Jack jumped in the fray split them up and with the help of the soldiers and his equipment killed them all.

Jack found that both the skill that the class strategist gave and the equipment did wonders for him.

The Skill calm mind didn't take any mana to activate but it did take 10 stamina points and it's duration is small, lasting only 15 seconds. The effect it gives is simple. It clears unessecary thoughts out of the users mind and gives a boost to his thinking side as wellas his focus and concentration. And with it's small cooldown all g with Jack not having to go in battle that often thus letting his stamina recharge Jack was able to use the skill very often. It had already almost levelled up. It was at lvl 1 (91%)

As for the equipment it was simple. As a Tier 0 equipment it didn't give many added stats. With the whole set and the sword added together Jack only got 1 point in attributes spread across two of them. But it was a boost none the less. With his Vitaily and Strength enhanced like so:

Strength:1.1 --》1.5
Vitality: 1.0 --》1.6

This increased his HP as well but it only brought it 16 points.

But other than that the set equipment had the single effect of an active skill called Area protection. It took 50 stamina to cast and it only lasted for 5 seconds but it would cover an area 5 meters in diameter and protect every non hostile inside of it from any magical or melee attack.

After harvesting all they could they went back towards the city and called it a day. This training expedition did not only help the team bond together and experience what a real fight is it also gave Jack a huge harvest. The team agreed to give a part of the harvested materials and parts to Jack in secret while they split a other part amongst themselves and then they gave 'all' of their harvest to the city Lord. Which the obviously didn't do but no one could know about it because they are the city's soldiers and not advenutrers.

This situation continued on for the other 5 days until the day of the real expedition.

1