Chapter 4
1.1k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Touya said you bought a hamster? I want to see!" Reita excitedly went to Sei's desk.

Sei took out his phone and showed the picture to him, "Its name is Panda."

"I don't know how to feel about that name, but it's befitting." Touya commented.

"Don't feed it too much though." Daichi added.

Reita took Sei's phone to look at the hamster better. Sei noticed that there were no band-aids on both of his hands anymore.

"Your hands are healed?"

Reita showed them, "Yup. I heal faster than average."

"That's because you fall more often than average people do in a year." Daichi slapped his empty hand strongly.

Reita shrieked and shook his hand to cool it, "What did you do that for?!"

"Just to make sure you still feel pain."

"Well, I do! And it hurts!" Reita cried.

"Since they're healed, are we going to play today?" Touya asked.

"Sure, why not?" Daichi shrugged.

"You're the last person that can say that, Daichi. Isn't there an upcoming tournament?" Touya raised his eyebrow.

"It's still 2 months away. And you're the one who asked first."

Sei noticed Fuyukawa entering the classroom. On her bag was the mascot keychain that she lost in the first event with Touya. He was supposed to help her look for it yesterday and get to know each other more. With a series of correct answers in the multiple-choice selections, it would kickstart the favorable meter. Seeing the mascot keychain was still there, either she didn't lose it, or another character possibly filled up Touya's role.

They continued their chatting and bickering until class started. Fuyukawa has already gotten her textbooks, so she didn't join her table with Reita anymore. But Sei knew Reita would still join his table to her since, in the game, Reita didn't bring the correct textbooks. He got the day wrong when he packed them.

"Pst! Sei…" Reita leaned closer and called in a whisper.

Sei looked up from his notebook, "What is it?"

"Is today Thursday?"

"No, it's Friday."

"…Can we share textbooks? I forgot to bring mine."

Sei didn't expect Reita to ask him instead of Fuyukawa. It was a good thing for him though. One less event happening, the better.

"Okay."

Reita promptly moved his desk when the teacher was facing the blackboard. Sei slid his textbook to the middle and continued taking notes. Reita took out a random notebook for him to use. He would just paste them to their correct notebooks later.

10 minutes later, he was doodling around the paper instead of taking notes. Sei wasn't surprised and didn't take any mind.

He opened a new page and started writing on the left side of the page. A few seconds later, he saw a hand approaching the right side of the page with a mechanical pencil. He let Reita be.

Reita discreetly glanced up to see Sei's reaction and pursed his lips happily when Sei didn't reprimand him. He was right-handed, so he scooted closer to draw more comfortably. From this distance, he noticed for the first time that Sei has a mole on the back of his ear. It was barely visible because it was mostly covered by his glasses' tip.

When the class finished, Sei looked at Reita's doodle in his notebook. To say it was a doodle was an understatement. It was a decent 3-panel comic with 2 small chubby characters.

The glasses one with cat ears was most liketly him and the one with big eyes and dog ears were definitely Reita himself. He could see the resemblance.

On the first panel, he told Reita that he was hungry and Reita readily replied that he would fetch him something to eat. On the second panel, Reita came back with a thick bone in his mouth, telling him that it was his favorite food with his tail wagging. On the third panel, he clawed Reita with a flat expression on his face for his stupidity.

Sei slightly smiled in amusement before closing the notebook and changing it for the next period. He could imagine Reita doing something like that. What made it funny was the fact that Reita himself was the one who drew it.

Reita saw his laughter and felt proud of himself.

In the next period, Reita didn't stop his drawing activity. This time, he did it in his proper drawing book and seemed serious about it. Fortunately, the teacher wasn't the type to walk around the classroom or he would already be busted.

Lunchtime finally arrived. Sei tidied up his desk and saw that Reita didn't seem to notice the bell has rung. He leaned to look at what he was drawing so seriously.

"Uwa!!"

Reita moved in a blink, pressing the book to his chest to hide it. His body even jerked back in panic, resulting in him and his chair to fall back to the floor.

Crash!

The whole class looked towards the noise but went back to their own activity seeing that it was just Reita.

Sei looked at him in confusion. Was he drawing erotica?

"Why are your tables joined?" Touya went to their table.

"Reita misremembered the day and brought books for Thursday classes."

Reita got up while rubbing his head and fixed up his chair. He bent down to put the book back into his bag, "Let's go eat lu– Hey!"

Touya smoothly snatched the drawing book from Reita's hand, "What were you doing instead of taking notes?"

Seeing Touya wanted to open it, Reita hurriedly tried to take it back, "Touya!"

"He probably drew erotica." Sei commented as he got up.

Reita looked at him in shock, "No, I didn't!"

Touya took the chance while Reita was distracted to open the drawing book. When he reached the last drawn page he fell silent.

Reita immediately snatched it away from his hands and stuffed it into his bag.

"It's really erotica?"

Touya smiled meaningfully, making Reita anxious, "Who knows if it's eros?"

"?"

"Enough with this topic!" Reita grabbed Touya's wrist and pulled him out, "Let's go eat lunch."

Sei was even more confused by them. So, was it erotica or not?

He didn't think about it anymore and followed them out. He reached the door when he saw Daichi was talking with Fuyukawa in the hallway. His steps halted and hid behind the door before peeking out.

Reita was saying something to Touya when Fuyukawa greeted them. The 2 of them stopped and joined the conversation.

Sei inwardly sighed. It was truly inevitable.

Still, so far, he successfully hasn't made his debut yet to Fuyukawa. As long as he kept this status as a stranger, it should be fine. She wouldn't be able to frame someone she never met or spend time with.

"Huh. It's you again."

Sei blinked several times before looking up. It was the bleached-haired guy from yesterday. He quickly pulled him inside and gestured him to be silent or else Touya and the others would realize he wasn't there.

"So you're actually my senior…" the guy murmured before looking at where Sei was peeking, "Those bunch again? And there's another one now."

He turned to Sei, "Are you being bullied by them or something?"

"…No. It's a bit complicated."

The guy hummed, "You're planning to eat lunch?"

Sei shortly nodded.

"I know a way." The guy took off his blazer and draped it over Sei.

"???"

Before he knew what was going on, his body was pushed from behind, "Come on, come on. We need to run."

"Wai–" Sei tried to turn around and stop him.

"Ah, don't look back. They'll see you that way." The guy turned his shoulders back to face front and kept pushing him forward.

Without being able to do anything, Sei was pushed until they reached the rooftop. He was told to wait there while the other left. He came back in less than 10 minutes with a plastic bag in hand. Inside were several buns and sandwiches as well as drinks.

Sei blankly stood as the guy sat down on the ground and patted the spot next to him, "Sit down, let's eat."

"No, I need to–" Sei hasn't finished his sentence when the guy pulled him down to sit.

He wolfed down a yakisoba bread and 2 sandwiches and drank a bottle of green tea before finally slowing down when eating the melon bread. Sei has just finished his first meat bun and couldn't help but be amazed at the guy's eating speed. It was probably faster than Daichi.

"What's your name, senior?" the person finally asked.

"Kurosaki Sei."

"Oh, Kurosaki-senpai, then. I'm Sugiura Bando, first-year class C."

"Sugiura-kun…you didn't need to do this actually. They're my friends."

"If they're your friends, why do you look as if it will be the end of the world if they saw you?" Sugiura raised his eyebrow.

38