Inheritance
148 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What went wrong?

why did he have to suffer?

he lived an honest life, he had a happy family.

A loving sister and a father and a mother.

What more could anyone want in a blessed life like that?

a boy could be seen stumbling around in the dark, the flames morphing his expression into pure disgust....and fear.

His legs were gone, and no matter how much he wanted to scream, his voice didn't come out.

Silent tears streaked through his cheeks as he looked onto the car, which was reduced to a fiery inferno.

The boy crawled into the car wreak, the heat burning his wounds.

But the pain was insignificant as he carried on into the inferno of flames.

Inside the passenger side of the seat was an unrecognizable corpse, of which fire and flames has taken for one of their own.

His former mother was now a charred mess, with the blood the only legacy this loving mother had in this world.

In the back seat, the two sisters, one a small child, the other one that looked directly like his mother before she-

he quickly looked around in the car, before he heard the small child scream.

Filled with hope, the young boy carried the baby into the river next to the car and plunged it in, in an attempt to quell the violent fire that wanted more lives.

the baby was bright red, as the flames near her quelled.

The Magikarp swam around in the river in disgust at the unborn child, as the boy overlooking her quickly cradled her, his expression blurring.

Pain.

Just pain.

His expression became paler, as took one look at his legs.

His sister started to cry out, as they both sat on the tree, the blood seeping from his legs and his throat.

This was the end of his honest and humble life.

"I pray my sister can live stably with the inheritance,"  Evan thought in his head 

giving one final kiss to the child who was covered in scars and burns, Evan looked up to the sky, which was illuminating the sky.

"How beautiful." 

On a night like this, the whole family would go sightseeing off a large cliff, as Evan would take his late Shroomish to see the stars together.

His father loved the stars, and his mother loved the meaning behind each one. 

Tears continued to flood, but his expression was strong.

He couldn't let go, no matter how much pain he was feeling.

A cry came from the forest next to him, as he weakly tilted his head to see a beautiful stag, whose horn shined like the greatest of Christmas lights.

You only start to appreciate how beautiful life is when you standing at death's gate, as it seems.

"Twinkle twinkle little star."  Evan mentally sang a beautiful lullaby to his sister, much like his mother did to him. "How I wonder, what you are-"

His hand drooped, as he took his final breath.

The pain was gone.


 

The Blue and Black stag looked silent at the boy before its horn's shined in splendid rainbow light.

It suddenly flashed away, leaving only the midnight air.

Evan opened his eye's once more, but on contrary to the starry midnight sky, he was met with an overwhelming white sky.

It sparkled and shined, but Evan quickly started to panic.

Was he in heaven?

Where was his sister, where was he?

his brotherly instinct was in a panic as he desperately searched for his sister before he felt something restrain his arm.

He looked over to his left to see a machine, beating in a Rythmatic tone.

It was a life support machine and an IV bag was placed right next to it.

Not Heaven at least, that's a start.

People dressed in white gowns came around him, examining him.

"Audino, heal pulse."  A man dressed in a white gown muttered, as a soft and warm feeling wrapped around Evan.

He missed the warmth, it reminded him of his mother. 

his hearing came back, as he quickly looked around the room.

Memories were clear, and Evan wanted nothing more than to cry right now, but he needed to stay strong.

"Mr Zyra." The doctor said, "Can you hear me?"

Evan nodded his head, as his vision finally kicked in once more.

The blurs started to have a clearer outline, of which several doctors were slowly revealed

"Well, let's start first." The doctor smiled  "We don't want you to suddenly panic, so please remain calm."

The nurses dispersed seeing his stable condition, leaving a doctor with a checklist and an audino at his side.

"Let's begin." The doctor muttered, "Several lacerations of the larynx means that there will be a high chance that you will never speak a single word again." The doctor got a pen, and he scribbled something off. "Your sister is alive but has suffered several 3rd-degree burns, but over the course of 4 years, they have healed leaving permanent scars that can be fixed, do you understand?"

"She's alive!" Evan thought mentally as his expression was filled with joy.

4 years?

"You were in a coma for 4 years, meaning you now at the age of 16." The doctor said in a monotone manner "Im sorry to say that the rest of your family didn't make it."

The naive thought that his family could be saved was instantly crushed, as the feeling's of happiness hearing his sister was still alive turned into sadness and anger.

"Your sister has been put into adoptive care, and in the will of your parents, you inherited your mother and father's daycare due to turning 16." The doctor said, "Your legs were crushed by the car, more on that later, and had to be amputated."

Evan moved his covers, as he looked down on his weak and frail body.

His crushed legs were replaced by neat stubs, which made him sick to the stomach.

"A funeral was held on your parent's accord by the community,  and all the pokemon in the daycare were given to young trainers under the "Starter pokemon protection act." The doctor said, "You have been given compensation for this, but it was given to your younger sister's bank balance which she would activate at 16, but you seem to have skipped that accord." The doctor looked bored.  "Your car seems to have been attacked by a wild pokemon while it was on the road, leading to the 3 deaths and 2 injuries."

Evan had to sit there, his expression only facing his stubs.

No matter how much he wanted to talk, no sound came out of his mouth.

"You have been compensated by the Sinnoh government, as your medical bills were paid for, the previously mentioned Started protection act has compensated you, the funeral cost has been funded by the local community, and you have all the property that your parents left you." The doctor's eyes grew deeper, as he yawned and walked out the room.

2