Chapter 1
1.5k 2 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thersia District Central Commerce Highschool... The uniform consisted - for girls - of a white formal dress shirt under a dark navy-blue blazer combined with a pleated skirt the same color as our blazer; though with a horizontal white-stripe near the hem. Our dress code states that the skirt length is our option if we want it shorter or longer as we are given standard thigh length skirts; but no skirts shorter then miniskirt length. Girls were also given the choice to pick between different blazers, from long-sleeved ones that covered our arms, to sleeveless blazers. Aside from our clothing, we were allowed to wear thigh or knee high white or black socks; but not stockings. Regarding our gym clothes, we were allowed to wear either a white gym shirt (I would say t-shirt but I wasn't aware of any difference) or a navy-blue track shirt alongside either the same color track shorts or bloomers; I picked track shorts and track shirts after consideration of my body shape and my unwillingness to wear something like bloomers... though I still had to grapple with the school bathing suit... 

"Why is swimming a required class...?" Not to mention it was a mixed-class group as per Thersia District Central Commerce Highschool co-ed policy. It was wholly unnecessary for people who sought to achieve an intellectual career... and--... "How do I even put one on?" Was my question...

I--... haah~, at least make up is strictly forbidden in school, so that is something I don't need to stress over. I already made sure my hair was combed and not sticking out after washing my face, checked my skirt and uniform to make sure there were no stains or wrinkles, and checked that my belongings were of girly nature - cute and bright in vibrant colors -. I shouldn't be picked on for being a non-feminine girl... hopefully...

I wore the uniform - with a short-sleeved blazer tied with a green thin ribbon to indicate I was a first year - alongside a pair of black knee high socks and the school loafers we were given. It was actually quite fun to look at myself wearing this uniform and telling myself, 'That's me'. Aside from how I looked, I had packed the necessary books I was assigned alongside my indoor shoes in my bag; so my bag did feel a little heavy... but the shoes were on a one-way trip to school and staying there.

With everything checked and done, I left home to board the train for Thersia. "Let's go." I uttered as I carried my bag strapped over my shoulder--trying to be the most non-masculine way possible. 

 


 

 After meeting with the front office and meeting with the school academic dean, I got my schedule with my homeroom instructor and my classes... No instructor name for my classes though.

"I--... should have guessed that she was going for art..." I found on my schedule an art class and music. I knew Alicia was probably someone into arts, after examining her room, but the only problem was how I was going to even do in it...

My previous life's skill in art was probably even worse than average - I never did anything related to it -, and I never played any instruments in my life. Worse yet; the time period to change classes was over now since I am 20 odd days into school; so until next semester or end of Summer, I would be in art and music for the time being. 

"Are you perhaps lost?" Eh--? Ah, it's just a student... Upperclassman... By the color of her ribbon, she was a third-year; actually--how tall she was already hinted to me she was a third year... 

"Err--no..." I uttered... "I was just thinking..." I explained. 

I guess me looking at my schedule still confused her. I knew where my classes were; after all, I did spend a year here before. 

"Ah..." The girl uttered... "Then--if you do need help finding your classes still, feel free to ask your upperclassmen." Is--is this the privilege of good looking, cute and pretty girls? I should forget about my past and live like this if this is what it feels like.

"Unn--thank you." I gave her a respected light bow.

... I should get to class... It was still 7:43, but I suppose I should be safe and get there early - or at least give my homeroom instructor a good impression of me.

First-years students were mostly located on the first floor of this massive building; alongside the first-year classes was the school's indoor gym, swimming pool, school club rooms, and our school library. The second floor was for second-year students as well as the unique classes and club rooms; my art and music classes were on the second floor, and I believed the music and art clubs were on this floor. The third floor was solely for the third-years and the heavy research; here would be the science rooms in where the school allowed the science clubs to do research or experiments for their own experience and knowledge - there have been published, academic reports by this school from its students so the clubs aren't a bunch of high schoolers messing around. 

For me, my homeroom instructor was Instructor Noela; and I've heard she was a kind young teacher so I should be safe. 

As I walked to my classroom I felt the piercing gaze of many first years - now that we were finally in the first-year class areas... And--... I learnt that I was indeed short, but not laughable small. In fact, I understood clearly why guys and men seemed so scary; they're so tall and big. 

I ignored the gazes and stares and entered my homeroom. A few students were seated, and some stood at the desk where others were at. At the class podium in the front of our classroom stood our homeroom instructor. I ignored the few gazes of surprise and awe to ask Noela about where to sit.

"Good morning Instructor Noela." I made a light courteous bow, pulling the hem of my skirt to the side. 

"Good morning; welcome to our class Teseia." I--, I understood clearly why people liked her class. Such a calm, wonderfully kind aura was what I could feel from her. "I apologize, but most of the seats were chosen at the beginning of the year. I have a current chart of the chosen seats; so, pick any you would like." Ah... I took a look at her chart she made...

I took some time to look... If it were me normally, I would sit in the middle of the classroom away from some people, but here... I think I'll stick to the front where there was only one other in the front row...

"This one." I pointed to a seat in the front row, the seat was one seat away from the window. Next to me was no one, except for someone named Felis Alice; who from the looks of it from the podium was what looked to be a neat-mature girl. I figured being next in front of her would allow myself to have a relatively peaceful school life.

"Then that is your seat; if possible, could you introduce yourself personally later?" Once again, she reinforced how kind she was to her students with her gentle aura.

"Of course." I was sure Noela would be a valuable person for me to be close with. I started to walk to my seat--,

"When it is 8:00, I'll make an announcement for you to introduce yourself, take the time to think of something unique about yourself." Noela added.

Hmm... I had to be careful--what could I say about myself? I wasn't aware if anyone here knew the Alicia before. I could say something--actually, I could use the accident as an excuse to make my awkwardness and slight weirdness to myself... Got it.

7:47... 

I took the time to review what our main classes were discussing about through the books we were given - which shouldn't trouble me too much as a high achiever before and someone doing classes work one grade below my past self... but art and music... 

They say mathematician are good at music; I am fairly confident in my math knowledge, but I have no idea how that translates to music... I've also heard artists are natural thinkers and genius; yet as someone who considers themselves as a natural thinker and a knowledgeable person, I have no idea how that would help me in art...

... I kept myself to thinking for a while, whilst glancing at the digital clock on the digital screen at the front of the class from time to time... Until 8:00 hit.

"Good morning class." I took my mind off myself to look around; the class was filled with most people in the back or middle of the classroom. I counted around... less then 20 students here. I, alongside another girl, were the only ones who filled the front seats of our classroom.

"Good morning Instructor." Most of the class went--ah... Well--it was the first day for me, I can be given some slack, right? I'll remember to return Noela's greetings next morning.

Whilst I was busy trying to think of any other class rules or culture, I needed to be aware of, "Before we start our daily schedule, I would like to introduce a student who was admitted back into school after hospitalization. Please, if you may, come to the front, and class be mindful of her." The class went into silent whispers as Noela announced my introduction.

I walked to the front of the classroom and stood on the podium in front. "Hello; my name is Teseia Alicia. I still feel a little uncertain of everything, especially after being told by doctors that I suffer from memory lost; but regardless, I wish we can all enjoy our school year together." I really hoped no one here knew me before, as there was no way someone who suffered simple memory lost would act so different... But making my excuse public should help my school life... hopefully. But--regardless...

It's embarrassing being the sole person speaking... I glanced at everyone in the class in the hopes that I whatever I said wasn't odd to anyone...

"Of course; welcome to our class Teseia." The girl behind my seat spoke out. "My name is Felis Alice, and if you need help with anything you can rely on me." 

The class lit up into cheers and welcoming greetings; geezes... it really is cheerful here... 

I returned to my seat for the time being and waited on for Noela's instructions.

"Thank you class for welcoming Teseia in; now for our daily activity..." What's with this... mischievous style of speaking? "It's your own time; decide what you would like to do. You all are doing wonderful, so if you wish to study or socialize, you are more then happy to do so this morning." Eh--? Is this normal for her? Considering that the class cheered upon hearing this, it must be...? 

Well--I guess I have the morning to myself--,

"Teseia? You're so cute!" A girl--eh? "Acting mature and standing tall--it's alright, you'll get taller." Another--,

... is... this the hidden side of school I've never heard? The side known as the girl's social circle?

"Ano--..." Eh--... how... do I respond to the flood of compliments? "Eh--thank you...?" 

 


 

Lunch came with nothing notable... besides my introduction and flood of compliments from girls, and the stares from guys from my otheer classes.

"I wish I came 10 days earlier; then I could have possibly changed everything to legal work." I would need to wait until the end of summer for changes in class...

... and I somehow ended up back in my original room... Err--the room of the previous Legal and Law Club... Sitting in the same seat I used to sit in during my first year before... A quiet room located on the second floor of the school.

"Huh--?" Ah--is someone here? I looked over at the door to the room--!

"Ka--..." Why is he here? The memorable messy-dark hair and careful eyes... Kaeula. Why is he here--we never did club meetings during lunch?

... He looked dejected, with his head hung down... "Welcome to the remnants of the Legal and Law Club, unfortunately I am the sole member present, but you are welcomed to stay if you like." Did--...

I--... How do I respond?... Do I keep quiet; do I speak out and interact with him? 

He walked past me and sat at his chair in the room, before looking through a pile of papers... Ah--the club papers. Every club needed to turn in their financial report every 20 school days, and today was 129, so... 20 school days in. This was really the main work; the other stuff was mostly member-tracking and club plans. The majority of the work was--... err, done by me before the school year started...

I got myself up from my seat and leaned next to Kaeula. "Is--... Would you like help?" I felt sorry; I knew the pain of doing this alone... "I don't want to use this space without helping you at the very least..." I uttered as my excuse.

"No--it's fine." A frost cold reply... I knew this reply--and knew how to respond to it. "Hey--what are you doing?"

"Please don't mind me." I still needed to keep up my act of being a girl... I took a sheet of paper and saw next to him before looking at the paper I took--,ah--I knew how to do this, but... "Is this just... expense calculation?" I asked, pretending to not know.

This was obviously the expense and funding for this club. I went to see--huh? Did everyone leave after I died? We used to have more then 10 members before, yet... Here on the second day of school only 5 members were here.

... Well--I... should make a plea to myself to take a different path rather then Law and Legal work... though I want to help out this club at the very least; seeing it in such a sorry state makes me sad.

"Yes--if you persist then it can't be helped..." Kaeula handed me some more expense and funding sheets - last years sheets - from the seat next to me. "My name is Ignation Kaeula, may I get yours?" Finally opening up...

I stood up and faced him. "Teseia Alicia, thank you for letting me stay." Then sat back down to do the expense sheets.

Our budget every 20 odd days as always been consistent, which was low... Though we didn't really need much as the only time this club used any Marks was to travel to actual Imperial court hearings (Which was rare), or to gain permission to tour Ignation Legal Office (Which was definitely not because Kaeula was in the club) and gain experience by helping them file and fill out papers. 

So... I just needed to trend this by averaging out our expenses throughout the year and consideration of any club members... five club members. Him, my old self under the name Waltsia Yesen, and Qualtia Leicia were the notable members. So only four club members in total.

"Is... there any reason why there are so few members?" As long as I make it seem like innocent probing, I should be safe, right?

... Eh--? Is... "... After one of our key members left, I couldn't take it to myself to do recruiting..." No--this was not him, he was perfectly fine as a person to socialize. "It hit me hard; and it hit many of our previous club members hard..." His--, did--... My death must have really shocked many of them. I was close with many of our members, and I guess they couldn't accept it. "I created the club together with him; so I felt it was my responsibility to keep it going." Kuk--!

... Ahem--please don't hit me where it's weakest...

"Why... are you crying Teseia?" Eh--?

"I'm--... not--," Wait--that's a terrible excuse! "No, it just--... seems like a sad story..." I really did feel bad dying, even if it was outside of my control. 

"Don't mind it too much..." Kaeula uttered... "Life is life; sooner or later we will all meet the same fate." Ugh--Kaeula was not this despondent... Where was the reliable, serious, lovable and trusted person I knew? Did... 

... ... ... I... ... ... 

... Felt really bad...

 


 

... Sigh--...

School went uneventfully afterwards, yet...

I laid in bed looking at the ceiling that was covered in glittery glowing pink and gold stars...

"To think Kaeula would turn to such a terrible state..." I never realized just how important I was to him; much less to everyone else. "Just--... what do I do...?" I was going to never involve myself with the Law and Legal Club, but here it was; in basically a ruined state with depressed upperclassmen.

... Whatever I do, I wanted to do something for Kaeula... We made a promise that I'll be there for each other when we need it; yet here I am, useless as a girl--...

"... wait--..." That's... No--it's a... terrible idea... "I'll give it some time; and monitor the club more." I told myself that I would stay to see it's afterschool activities and how they are tomorrow.

46