Chapter 2
1.2k 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She's stuck in her room again... "Well--." To be fair, Cecelia did start her school later then I did - 9:15 -, but it still pains me that she wouldn't even give me a goodbye or anything. 

Just what in the world did Alicia do to her; or what was Cecelia's relation to the family before? Regardless, I left her portion of breakfast on the kitchen table with a note before heading back to my room.

"Now," I checked myself in the mirror again. My hair was straight and clean - check -, my uniform was straight and clean - check -, my face was clean and didn't have any pieces of food - check -, my school bag had my elective class materials; my sketch book and what I could only imagine as music sheets - check. I sat down to pull my knee high socks up, "Ready!" I did a final check, again... "Good..." I felt confident in myself at last as I examined myself one last time.

I went down to our doorway and put on my shoes to go. I looked back at the house. "I'm leaving; there's breakfast for you when you come out!" I yelled in the most caring way possible.

I felt ready for my second day of school.

 


 

... no; I wasn't ready today, I had...

Art--ugh... 

As it happened to be, Noela happened to be the instructor for both String Musical Art and Arts Sketching and Design. I at least had someone I could depend upon.

As for the students here, I knew no one here. Everyone in the class seemed like quiet, serious introverts. Serious as in serious about their work and passion, completely different from the serious in a difficult science or intensive study class. I felt totally out of place mentally as a smart student here; though I suppose I belonged in appearance wise.

I just hope Alicia's natural passive memory includes fine control with sketching.

With that in mind, I just tried thinking of something to draw... the room? That should be simple, as I looked around... There were plenty of potted plants here as well as the open window with the sun light, so it should be pretty detailed, right?

I started my drawing... Line after line, scribble after scribble...

... Why is Noela looking my way? I was just drawing what came to mind; the classroom. "It--... Wow, I never knew you were such a good artist, your work looks great Teseia!" Eh--? 

... What good was it?

To me, it was just a bunch of lines. We were only doing pencil drawings, so I felt some desire and need to add some shading, but it just ended up looking like lighter and darker lines in parts of the drawing when I looked at it. I mean--, it looked good, but... Great? Was there something I was missing that Noela saw? Not to mention my drawing was still incomplete as I didn't even draw the outside of the room such as the clouds, and the shading on the window and plants were still empty.

"Is--is it really so Instructor Noela?" I couldn't tell much of it besides it was a great sketch view of what I saw in the classroom. 

I instinctively moved out of the way for Noela as she looked at my sketch... "Such detail; is it at all possible for you to bring in any other piece of work you've done before? I would just like to see your personal work personally." Wah--? 

"... sure...?" I mean--it was all Alicia's work, none of my own. So if I did, I would need to make an excuse to explain it... 

Though Noela looked joyed to hear me answer in confirmation. "I am really looking forward to seeing your art!" I guess I needed to make excuses somehow... Though--

... I sure hoped that Alicia's natural skills translated to music as well... In that class I would really need some excuses.

 


 

"I would like for everyone to listen to play to their sheets." Eh--, er--. What was this...? I looked at the sheet Noela gave me for my instrument, yet I couldn't remember or think of the sheet as anything meaningful... I couldn't even comprehend to myself how to read this...

I know these lines and dots and symbols and everything that the sheet had meant something, but just what in the world did these symbols mean, and what action should I do according to what they read?

Actually--. Thinking through, I did do something in advance... something that will probably be my excuse to end times as I live through my life. I raised my hand--this is where I use memory loss as an excuse, right?

"Yes, you may go Teseia." Ah--not--. Um, err, I guess... I didn't need to use the restroom, but not going would probably be more awkward then going...

I got up from my seat and put my instrument on the ground in it's case gently before carefully getting out of formation from the sea of seats to exit the music room. As I left the music room, suddenly a heavenly melody started--this... Was this music?

"... I should go to the restroom..." Staying here would look weird, and will worry me more.

After going, and coming back uneventfully, I looked at what was in front of me again... here I was, back at the dreaded music room... I took a deep breath--haah~, and knocked on the door.

After a few seconds, Noela was the one who opened the door. "Welcome back Teseia, please come on in--"

"Could I speak with you Instructor Noela?" I needed to tell her this before I end up messing up this class by my lack of knowledge.

A comforting smile rise from Noela--is this the smile that charmed the hearts of young high school boys I've heard rumors of? 

She closed the door to the music room and stepped outside with me. "Yes, of course anything from you. I assume it is something urgent looking at how panicked and sudden you asked?" She's sharp... Though I can see why she was known for being very caring. She can sense urgency in someone.

I--. Now that I thought about it, a sudden sense of shame came to me. I felt both ashamed to tell her honestly... "Ano--. I..." Was--was this really the right thing? "... don't know how to read these music sheets..." I felt frightened telling her in the case she had a negative response, but I honestly told her. Noela won't lash out at me, probably. "And--... I don't want to ruin your class's beautiful melody."

"Ah--." Noela uttered before silent... "I understand." She still kept her smile throughout this--was it a bad or good smile? 

"I'm sorry--I don't remember anything of who I was; and all my current classes came to me as a shock." Being honest to her was, without a doubt, the right response... even if it was an excuse. "I felt natural drawing, like it was something in me; but here I feel confused, I just can't recall anything with music in my head, unlike drawing where it came by like my body's will..." I felt scared being so honest with her, but maybe, Noela could be a support for me to rely on. Maybe--,

... Eh--, "Poor thing--, I can't say anything, but..." Noela uttered with silence... "I know you're a hard worker and a brilliant student; if not for your accident and memory loss, you would have definitely been someone who could be a high achiever." Is this the fabled chest-press hug? "I'll let you watch on for today's class and send you home with some instructional videos and readings." Noela let me go as she opened the door...

"Haah~, thank you Noela..." I really was blessed that she was both my homeroom instructor and my elective teacher; to where I could get her to know and like me as a student.

I sat back down to my seat... "I apologize class, but due to an injury from her accident that has not quite healed yet, Teseia will not be playing for the few classes for now." Ah--Noela is so respectful, making the class understand why I wasn't playing, 

I sat in formation still, though with my instrument down... and listened and watched how people played. I kept the sheets in front of me and tried looking at others with an instrument that looked like mine's. 

Before long, the class ended whilst I was listening. The final beat ended as the sound struck through in a lengthy, yet wonderful sound... well--I couldn't explain it...

"Thank you everyone, you all did wonderful, you may leave for lunch early--though please do not tell anyone I allowed you to be dismissed." Noela said as everyone packed their instruments in their cases. 

I kept my instrument in my case the entire time, but I took the time to check my bag to make sure I had everything. My books for my afternoon classes - check -, my boxed lunch from home - check -... I should be good to go--.

"I know it is a lot, but could you come to the music room the day after tomorrow and the day after? Once you're done with all your classes of course." Noela asked as she closed the cover of the piano.

"Of course." I suppose I would need to have some personal lesson to catch up to the standards of others. My next day of class for music was in three days so it works out in the end.

I got up from sitting down and carried the instrument's strap. "Thank you; apologizes for taking your time. If your memory loss gives you any other issue, you can rely on me Teseia." Noela... 

"Then--, please remember me when I forget." I uttered...

... Why... did she suddenly make such a scary expression? "You make terrible jokes; don't say something like that." Eh--? Why is this of all things I am getting reprimanded from?

 


 

Lunch came and I returned to the art room.

"Drawing..." It seems Alicia talent was still very much inside. I myself was amazed at how I could draw with Alicia's natural pencil movement. "I should try to draw something." I was sure as long as I thought of something and saw it, I could draw it. My hands seemed to have good control with a pencil; though... as I thought about it, "Why was Alicia so good with a pencil, but terrible with a knife?" I would think that knowing how to apply pressure and force applied to both of them, and control as well, but... perhaps I was mistaken.

Well, I should eat before thinking of something to draw. I opened my lunch box and started eating cleanly.

The school had no regulations in where we were allowed to eat; so long as we made sure wherever we ate was clean for classes. 

"Oh, hello again." Wait--who was... A girl--wait!

"Ah--it's you!" It was that upperclassman girl who asked me if I was fine my first day...

She sat down at a stand and looked... at me? Wait--she isn't trying to draw me, is she?

She sat on the seat with the drawing stand in front of me. "Could I get your name?" Oh...

"Ano--... Teseia Alicia." So sudden--why did she want my name?

"Could I get your permission to draw, Teseia?" Wait--she couldn't be? Leicia? How could I-- "Oh sorry; my name is Qualtia."

Of--course I knew your name... Though--her hair change, why? Why did she change her signature long dark red hair into one that was--. Well, not short, but just below her neck? Her change in appearance was a shock, though her gentle-carefree personality, eagerness to sketch and draw, and simple introduction proved it was still her. 

"Unn--. Yes L--Qualtia..." I felt embarrassed having to do this again... I knew Leicia--, I should think of her by her surname when I see her, before I accidentally say her given name and expose myself. Qualtia was an excellent artist, especially a pencil artist, but... I couldn't help but feel embarrassed now with my current situation.

"You can eat; just act natural. I'll show you the sketch before you're done." She proclaimed... which I knew she probably would be done by the time I finish eating.

... haah~, then I guess just eat... 

... ... ...

"Done; you can come over when you are done eating." That was incredibly fast! Even by her standards, this was incredibly quick!

I just gave Qualtia a silent-confused nod--I've done these draw overs modeling many times before, yet seeing her do it here with a random person was a shock. Much less her speed doing so. I finished the small bit of my lunch quickly then--ah...

Her artwork looked beautiful--. "Wha--! Is this--..." Was this the true potential of what art could be? I suddenly felt no urge to continue legal work now and felt all the urge to go into arts. Seeing her skill with just pencil made me want to become her student.

I felt like I was looking at an edit of myself in monochrome; my posture looked refined and elegant, my left eye was open with my bangs lifted up a little more then how I usually styled it - but her way of doing it made it look much better then when I looked into the mirror as it empathized my beautiful eyes... I felt this was even better than half the drawings she did when she drew me before or Kaeula.

"Thank you for letting me see the work of a professional Qualtia." Professional was short selling Qualtia's skills even--unique was how I could word it best.

She shook her head, "I've done this too much..." What did she mean by that? "Err--yes, apologizes; of course. I'm actually trying to get into a competition with other pencil artists, so thank you for allowing me to draw you." Ah, a competition.

"... yes--." I--why does she always respond a thanks with a thanks? A part of me almost wanted to blurt out my original response, 'Yes, now stop responding with a thanks.'

Ugh--she seems so normal that I'll be bound to let my true self slip through. I got up and packed my things... I felt content with just seeing Qualtia draw my figure, so I felt no need to draw; and I also wanted to leave now before I make any mistakes.

"Thank you for listening to the rambling of your upperclassman. I'm sure you'll share many experiences here as I did." Qualtia got up after I did and tucked the paper canvas she used to the corner of the room... "Haa--I'm sure we'll see each other again." She uttered.

"Yes--I'm sure." I waved back to her...

... Why is my life now such a coincidence? Meeting my two best friends in school? Sigh...

"I shouldn't get stuck up; I should move on." I told myself.

 


 

"Ah--nice to see you again Teseia." Ah, it's Leici--Qualtia... 

"Hello again Qualtia." Calling her by surnames makes it feel like our relation actually regressed then progressed. Though I guess that is actually how it was now with our situation.

She opened the door to the club room. "Come on in; it isn't a very lively room currently, but it is quiet and relaxing." Qualtia said as she held her arms open for me to come inside.

I went in to see... Kaeula, and a boy and girl... Wait, I know them; the signature eastern twins, Sazukyo Serio and Seria... Their signature true-black hair and sharp brown eyes.

Seria turned her head towards the doorway. "Ah, a first year?" 

I made a light bow whilst holding my bag. "Sorry for intruding; I am Teseia Alicia, please don't mind me." I introduced myself.

"Oh, you're free to come, apologizes for my sister sounding so sharp." Serio said. "You can call us by our given names since we're twins; my name is Serio and her's is Seria, welcome to the club." 

I sat down with my stuff next to Qualtia and observed the club... 

... and observed... for a few minutes...

Yet--all I could note was that I have never seen such quiet club that wasn't the Library and Reading club. Everyone sat here doing their schoolwork like a normal study session. The 5--well, I don't count, so there were 4 people here silently sitting and looking at papers... and this wasn't the library club where students normally studied together.

"Sorry for this sorry state of a club Teseia." Qualtia whispered beside me.

I shook my head... "No--it's fine... I like it here; it feels comfortable, and everyone welcomed me in already." It was true, me being here made everyone talk and introduce themselves to me, even if it was once, and I felt comfortable being here. Plus it gave me time to go through the music book that explained to me some aspect of music, and my instrument the violin. 

Regardless, even after our small exchanges of words we held, nothing happened today in the clubroom besides silent pencil scratches... but, thinking about it, Kaeula really did turn unsociable... He held this untouchable aura to him that differed from what I knew of him.

After a while, Qualtia started to get up to go. I followed suit after her; I had something I wanted to ask her. After we made it out the room to the first floor, "Um--why is the club leader so... Miserable?" I asked...

Eh--? Why this frozen glare? "I--." Qualtia took a deep breath. "Sorry; I shouldn't blame you." She uttered as her gaze frozen scary face turned to a forced smile. "It is something we have to deal with... You can't help us with it." She took another deep breath...

I gave her a nod to show Qualtia I cared about what she said... Regardless; I cared about what she said because I wanted to know how she felt as well.

Qualtia turned around and started to walk away quickly. "... It has nothing to do with you; but if you could never mention the name Waltsia or Yesen to Kaeula, that is all I ask for..." Eh--wait!...

... I must have pried too deep...

"I definitely seem suspicious." I made it look like I held too much interest in Kaeula. I hope that doesn't bring trouble later.

 


 

... I never saw this side of Qualtia...

She was still gentle and caring, but her secretive side--was this something between women that wouldn't comprehend as a guy? 

I know there was nothing I could have done... I knew Qualtia was like Kaeula, though with this... I really felt like I knew nothing about her; I questioned just how much I actually knew her as a person. Rather then as Leicia, friend of Yesen. 

"I... What could I do?" I uttered too myself. 

Sigh--... I shouldn't dwell too much; I need to make dinner today.

The door opened as Cecelia came in. "Alicia--?" Eh--she actually acknowledged me? Err--no, she just walked past the common room and to her room.

Yesterday she came home late and ignored me as I finished dinner... I didn't mind too much; but it still hurts even now.

I didn't plan anything ambitious for dinner. I was just going to create some basic stir-fry for dinner. It would be simple to make whilst being nothing Cecelia couldn't eat. 

From my little bit of knowledge from making breakfast, Cecelia was definitely a good person. She wasn't picky and ate everything without leaving any trash. She also knew how to clean up after herself, which I respected. 

I finished eating and retreated to my room... before falling onto my soft-girly bed... I looked up to the ceiling again like all the other days and fell into thoughts.

I just wished that I could be close with her. Even though I was not the Alicia she probably knew; I still just wished to get along with someone like a sibling rather than friend. Someone I could call true family, rather then family-by name...

"... No one knows the true pain of a Waltsia..." Alone, even with siblings, we are destined to face our challenges alone--,

Ugh--that's--. I need to do something to ward away my past life; there is no need to worry about it... I'm not alone--I'm not alone, I can share my worries and problems with people now... I can do it...

"Ah--that's right, music." I should study for music class. That'll drive away my worries for the time being. 

40