Chapter 7
769 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“And—you now officially have your instrument.” Instructor Noela said as she took the signed paper from me and gave me a case.

“Thank you.” I took the case from her with care and opened the case… It was a violin, alongside the weird string stick called a bow in a side compartment.

“I’ll give you some more classes after school on top of the videos recommended to you before I let you join the others in their performance.” Agh—she’s really kind but—, well, I suppose I did say I was a total beginner (As I believed) in instruments. Besides—the performance now by the class was beautiful, so… best I don’t ruin it. “But for now, watch our violinists play and see how they hold and move with their instruments; both the violin and bow.” 

“Yes…” I really questioned my music career… Would I even be able to be a musician by the end of this school semester?

Regardless, I took her advice and sat myself close enough to observe the musical formation…

… for most of the class…

At last came a the end of what seemed like a repeated session of them playing the same piece over and over again. “Good work students!” Noela exclaimed whilst closing the cover for the piano. “Those that I gave recommendations to, keep practicing to refine those points. Everyone else; continue practicing your part at the pace we play. Everyone, dismissed!” With that class ended as students put their instruments back into the cases before leaving. Noela also quickly left the room as well…

While everyone left, I stayed in the room and waited for Noela to come back for my additional catch-up classes…

I looked around whilst waiting; and looked at the piano in the center of the room… “I remember touching a piano…” I thought back to the times I visited my younger cousin Goldia. Even though I had no musical experience, Goldia still tried to teach me and play the piano with me. I did moderately well, but—well… I wonder how I would do now. I opened the cover for the piano seeing the many black and white tiles. I sat on the seat, and started pressing a combination that came to mind.

“Waah~?” That sounded… terrible… I changed what I pressed again and again until I got something that sounded nice. “I—it should be somewhere here…” I played the same sound again and again, adjusting little by little until I got something that somewhat sounded the same as the reminiscent tone Goldia used to play.

“Do you want to learn the piano?” Aaah—? “Oh, did I scare you? Apologizes about that Teseia.” When did she…? 

“Was… I that focused?” Music really was a scary thing. For me to turn a blind eye to everything else… it kind of felt nice. 

“Music is a wonderful thing.” Yet I couldn’t disagree with Noela.

With that ending in note, I got off the piano and practiced the violin with Instructor Noela for around an hour, and then some basic classes on the piano for around thirty minutes before leaving for lunch on my own. 

 


 

I came back to the music room after school just to play the piano. I opened the cover and kept on with the melody I had before. I felt more confident as I played the keys here; learning the basic lessons made playing a lot easier - where to position my arms and fingers, as well as how to move them. 

“Why are you here?” Who was It now—Seria?

“Why are you—,” I couldn’t really say much realizing it now… 

I really knew nothing about Seria, besides the fact that she and Serio both enjoyed being in the Law and Legal Club, since Ignation and I were almost like mentors to them… despite being in the same year - albeit we were a year older due to us having delayed entry to school… yet; here I was, a little young girl. 

“How… are you so good at the piano?” Ugh—Kuh—! What?

“I—ahem…” I took a deep breath, “I… just learnt the piano today.” As I played and tried to develop that bit I played, I thought back to all the things Goldia taught me… She did really well; the only problem was that everything she taught me would only be relevant if I had some knowledge of the piano—no, actually just general music knowledge.

“Wait—! Play that again.” Seria asked, suddenly speaking soft. I never seen Seria like this, and it felt—, honestly, it was like I was discovering a side of her I never knew. So I played the same melody and kept adding on to my own liking, “How do you know Golden Goodbye?” Eh?

“Golden… Goodbye?” That name didn’t ring a—ah, Golden, Goldia. 

“Yes! Waltsia should have been the only person who knows this song - much less created it. Do you know Waltsia Goldia?” Haa—ahem…

How… No point in lying, it’ll only make me look more suspicious. “Goldia was a… good friend…” It felt uncomfortable saying that—especially when I remember her looking up to me so much. When she played the piano, it really showed and separated us; me as the head of the family and her as the secondary family. The piano really gave her confidence; it made her realize that there were things that she was good at and things I wasn’t as great in.

“Teseia?” Auh—? Was—I really spaced out, didn’t I? “You’re alive, alright…” Seria really was an odd person…  opposed to the silent girl I knew before. “Thank you for the show. I expect more from you, and a visit together to Waltsia.” Tsk!

A—I just created my own grave, didn’t I?

 


 

 

I came back home motivated and energetic. It was calming to spend time doing something I enjoyed… ahem—something I found I enjoyed.

“Maybe something simple yet elegant should be for dinner.” A cake would be great. I was in a good mood, and sobering sweet would be nice.

Within two so hours, I finished cooking and baking our dinner. I quickly ate, reheated everything, then went to the Cecelia that I was done eating and that she could eat. 

I ran to my room my after I signaled to Cecelia it was her turn. As I entered my room, I checked my phone, “Ah, a text from Seria.” I uttered. I opened it and read it,

‘Thanks for today. Your piano really made me realize how great my friend was. If you would like Teseia, could you come with me to visit Waltsia on the 148th?’

Guh—! I really did dig my own grave!

I need to think of a plan for 11 days from now.

For the time being, I set down my violin and it’s case on my bed. I set up a stand for the basic practice sheets I was going to practice playing with before taking out my violin. “Let’s get to playing.” I uttered as I held my violin with the bow.

26