Chapter 8
583 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boring classes went by and ended slowly... For me I already knew most, if not all of what was taught. If it were not for the fact I couldn't be the student representative, and the fact I as me couldn't take the entrance exam, I would be the student representative... I was sure I was the most knowledgeable student in my year - or for that matter the school -, so being school representative wouldn't be a far fetched task for me.

While everyone in our final class packed up to leave for home or club activities, I snuck away to find the empty music room to hide in on the second floor... Sneaking mostly so those I knew would think I went back home. The empty music room was mostly the storage room that the music teachers dumped their junk, as the room was filled with chairs and music stands. The main music room was where all the music teachers took turns to take their classes in, and also where students commonly went afterschool provided there were no appointments... I only knew this being one that had to take the one-on-one appointments...

I found and placed a music stand in front of the chair I was going to sit on. As I set took out my music sheets I wrote and put them on the stand, I took out my violin out of the case to play. "Hmm~," Within a few days music slowly became my favorite hobbies. From playing my instrument - the violin -, the piano, and singing, I realized how much fun a hobby for entertainment and enjoyment was. Different from legal and law stuff which I—well, at best I could say I enjoyed doing, worse I was good at. 

I kept playing my simple music sheet I made that was a combination of nice sounding notes for a while whilst humming. "Here it, this room." Eh?

“Why…” Here I was playing my violin alone when all of a sudden, the door opened... “Why are you all here!” 

I wasn’t even trying to play to show. I just wanted somewhere peaceful and alone to practice - which was exactly why I stayed away from the club room, yet here Seria was leading everyone in...

Ignation let out a dry laugh, “Seria begged us to go to the empty music room.” Seria? I glanced at her who moved to the side seemingly trying to hide behind her brother Serio—she had the biggest grin on her face...

Grr—I looked down away from them... "Curse... you..." I quietly uttered to myself.

Clapping came from someone in the group. “You play very well Teseia.” Huh—this… Hearing Qualtia not teasing or having fun with me felt… odd. “... It really reminds me of someone..." Guh—!

I suddenly realized that I played a series of notes that sounded like a song I used to listen to—something I knew Qualtia and Ignation heard a lot... Without a doubt those two heard it outside the room.

"Ah—all the memories,” Curses—I didn't remind them of something bad, did I? They always preferred to avoid talking about me, "It's funny how this song always unites us. Thank you Teseia." Eh—?

"I—yes..." Qualtia was always a box of surprises. I knew she was definitely hurt by my death, but she—well, I suppose she was always the cheerful or cheeky one in our friend group... Though this song always brought us together, "Ano—I'm still trying to practice, so... could you all leave me be?" I didn't want to ruin our song we listened to. Peacefulness, tranquility, and relief - that was what I wanted to play in the end.

"Haha—okay, I'll let you be Teseia." The mastermind said—she had no credibility in her words...

Soon enough everyone disappeared from the music room... "Phew—gone..." I picked up my violin and started playing again. Again and again, the same notes; focusing on perfection.

After spending a good two hour entranced by my instrument - playing a combination of notes and singing - I finished my practice sheets again. "Haa~, I never felt so fresh..." Playing my instrument really was stress free—though when everyone came rushing in it was... No, it was more like a hidden hobby that I wanted to look good in even though I wasn't good at it. "Did I—." I... pondered, "... want to look like I was something special?" This—I never had a feeling like this before; I was always put into a place where I was supposed to fail and learn. Never to succeed, and a place where I—,

"Students and staff, the school gates and entrances will be closing at 18:00. Ensure to finish up any remaining duties or activities in a timely manner before entrances close." Was I here this long? 

"It's time to go." I uttered to myself. I packed my sheets into my bag, my violin in it's case, and put away the music stand before leaving.

 


 

I laid down in my bed after dinner and stared at the ceiling... "... everything's changed..." The only thing left unchanged was my room. I never touched anything, though I did tidy up the room. The room ended up more organized, but otherwise it still held the girly touch of a teenage girl. 

Thinking about it—, I checked my account on my phone to see the amount of Marks I had. "Just over 20 million marks." I looked at my wallet; tomorrow was going to be my physical therapy day. I would be free from school, "I never done... anything for myself." 

... I can endulge myself a little bit, right? Besides... I am a girl...

Lunar Year 933, First Half, Day 138-2,

Writing this now, I totally forgot about yesterday's entry... Well not that yesterday was different today.

Yesterday and today made me come to the realization that I had an unknown ambition and wish in me. I had something I never knew I had - a desire to excel and be acknowledged one day for something. Playing both my assigned instrument the violin and the piano made me realize that I was more then what I was simply good at; that I was what I enjoyed. Perhaps—just maybe, there was something about me not having to put up an image that allowed me to feel free at heart.

Free of heart... 

Alicia, the name of the historical girl, the Successor of the Blade, the girl who fought for the freedom of her country, the Kawachi Empire. Without a doubt, our parents were definitely intelligent and caring - yet how could they allow Alicia to do what she could?

"This—," I looked back at my entry, "Free of Heart, whichever of the names people knew it by..." Alicia, without a doubt a reference to her, the girl burdened by responsibility, but yearned for freedom. She fought for her country, hoping her country's freedom would lead her's. "Have... I really been freed from my burden?" I uttered. "Everything's changed, but I haven't." I still kept to trying to do as much as possible; with little to no rest. 

"..." Playing for fun felt so nice; it almost felt like relaxing, "I—need a true break."

30