Chapter 12
755 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came back from my therapy appointment and went out to eat; to enjoy myself. I was out the house, so I spent my time eating out to enjoy myself. Thersia really was a nice area; besides the various prestigious schools, Thersia's commercial district was the biggest; with Astoria coming very closely second - despite being the capital of Arcstera. 

I walked down the bustling streets back to the trains. I was done for today and heading back home—

“Cecelia?” What was she doing in the main district of Thersia? Seeing her from afar, she was still wearing her uniform, not to mention she sat alone at her bench. What was she doing here alone?

She happened not to hear me call out for her - I supposed… I started to get closer to her—,

“Who do you think you are Teseia?" Huh—I looked around—who is she—, "You’re pathetic thinking you can run.” Wait—! 

“What are you doing!” I moved forward as fast as I could and caught the girl’s arm that was going to hit Cecelia.

I took the time to examine this girl closer; she wrote the same uniform as Cecelia and… Well, she looked like someone a part of a toxic entourage; a person that just gave a bad aura. “Wha—, who do you think you are!” The girl struggled in my stiff arm grab as she spoke in complaints.

“… who do you think you are?” My kindness was gone quickly, “… you have some audacity, I give you that, but never let me catch or hear you do this again; hear me?” I wanted to do as I wanted, but… I wasn’t my old self, and my power as me now was very limited, but I felt something revive within me.

“Yes—yes!” I let go of my grasp as she scampered away. 

… well—next to me was Cecelia who - even more so then the girl I scared off - looked absolutely scared.

I took a deep breath—this… is going to be awkward no matter what. “Cecelia, if something like this happens, tell me, okay... Cecelia?” I knew as I spoke this Cecelia would more then likely still hide things from me, but after saying what I needed I left. 

… Yet… no, it was the right thing to do, probably… “If Cecelia wants to speak to me, she’ll open up what she wants to say at home...” Yet as I thought about it and what little I knew about her, "... probably not..." 

 


 

Tsk—, did that sudden moment of speed to catch that girl’s arm really do that much to me? I forced myself to get off the train into the same park as last time… on the same class schedule day… To think my legs would give out on me; did I really exert myself in that period where I rushed to stop that girl's arm?

“Alicia—?” Cecelia called out to me. I looked around and eventually found the signature light brown hair Cecelia and I both possessed. 

“Hehe—hello Cecelia.” I gave out a dry laugh… “Sorry to let you see me in such a pathetic situation.” I didn't expect her here... I took a deep breath… It was still pretty early, and I guess Cecelia was back earlier than normal…? Though—I wasn’t sure how long I would be here. “You don’t have to wait for me Cecelia, I’ll be home later.” I eased myself on the bench to rest.

“What’s…” Cecelia uttered slowly in a forced manner, “… okay…” She slowly turned and walked away…

Haah~… I’m alone now… Well—let’s just enjoy the park view again. I didn’t have paper; all I had was my phone, so it was an afternoon watching the park. "That's my plan for today, I guess..." 

… … …

“Again…?” Someone uttered—huh? 

“Ignation, it’s you again—?” Next to him, to my surprise was “Cecelia?” 

“Teseia Cecelia, huh…” Ignation uttered, weirdly… Wait, what? 

“Ano—is… Thank you mister Ignation.” Wait—!

“How did this happen—how did you two meet?” More than anything else, I was confused. How did they meet, and why did Cecelia trust Ignation? 

“It was nothing special Tes—,” An awkward realization by Ignation when he came across us two. “I called out ‘Teseia’ at the station to her thinking she was you, and she came to me and urged me to follow her in a polite passive manner.”

“Ah—I see…” Our hair… Thinking about it, I suppose Cecelia was me, but smaller. Not that I was large, but Cecelia and I both shared similar statures. “Well—err… thank you for helping me…” I purposely tried not to direct it to anyone in particular; mostly in embarrassment… I was here again, but with Ignation and Cecelia. 

Ignation bent down for me to climb into his back. “Apologizes, but could you lead me to your house Cecelia?” Ignation said as I climbed into his back—Guh! 

The sharp glare from everyone filled the area, all of it directed towards us. More than before, doing this in public eyes during clear day was most embarrassing of all... compared to last time in the early evening period where there were few people here.

“Mister Ignation—ano, this way…” Seeing Cecelia brave up and speak felt so… odd. She shook with anxiety and her own self-doubt, yet for her to find someone to help her. I could only commend her for going out to find Ignation, alone.

Cecelia walked in a very awkward, forced manner - something I’ve never seen, other than her quick fleeing escape movements. Ignation followed behind her slowly…

“Apologizes again Ignation.” I—wait, realizing it… No, it’s not like that, right?

Surely, last time we did this, he wasn’t trying to look good with me, was he? Ignation was oddly quiet now; probably since people were actually here watching us.

“It’s okay. Is something up with your leg Tes—Alicia?” Names—being called back to first name basis felt weird, especially since no one called me by… Alicia. “Is it weird? I can call you something else calling you by your given name is uncomfortable.” 

“No, it is fine.” It felt nice—I had a good name. “… Alicia…” I was in awe with my own name again.

“You can call me by my name if you would like Alicia; also…” He turned towards Cecelia, “You can call me Kaeula, no ‘mister’ needed Cecelia.”

“… Kaeula…” Cecelia uttered quietly—or perhaps I just heard it silently for my imagination. “… Alicia…” 

Our journey back home was slow, though 15 minutes of light random chatter between me and Ignation later, we made it back home together. I slowly got myself off Ignation’s back,

“Thank you—again.” I swore in my heart to never repeat an incident like this again… Though—, “Please let me thank you properly, I’ll make something within time, so come in.” I had an idea come to mind. Everything somehow ended up like this, so why not build on the situation? 

I motioned for Ignation to enter the door Cecelia opened, “Then—excuse my pardon.” Ignation accepted my invitation and entered into our house. He took off his shoes at the entrance and walked inside.

Here in our house was Ignation in his school uniform - for some reason on a non-school day -, Cecelia in her school uniform, and then... me, in a semi-professional wear of a knee-high blousy skirt alongside a blouse top. "Cecelia, Ignation, you two can go to the dining room and talk in between yourselves, I'll make our early dinner." I decide it was best to keep those two together... as I felt as I didn't belong with Cecelia... for now.

I ran off to the kitchen to cook up something, leaving the two alone in the dining room. 

"Seriously..." I was happy Ignation was here; he had the unique ability to seamlessly solve any problem, and I hope he can help Cecelia with her trauma. "..." Yet... the way I was foreseeing how it would go between the two, and knowing him personally before, "It'll... be a long story between the two..." Sigh—well, I'm here along for the ride, and as long as they do well together, it should be fine...

I silenced myself to focus on cooking... I tried to cook with haste, but I felt my mind drift to thinking about Cecelia and earlier... "I saw a different her earlier." She changed completely; I saw her caring responsible nature even though she avoided me. I really wish I could see and interact with this side of her...

I eventually made something for the three of us to eat and brought it over to the—, "You haven't heard Alicia play her violin? You should—." As I came into the dining room with plates in hand, Ignation saw me and stopped talking. "Do you need help Alicia?" 

"No." Perhaps it was me being stubborn, but I didn't want to be seen or helped by him after what happened... 

In enough time, I brought all dishes I cooked to the table alone. 

"Thank you for the food Alicia." Ignation said,

"Thank... you Alicia." Cecelia uttered soon after.

... It—I rarely heard such things... "Of—of course..." It felt embarrassing being acknowledged when I normally never was. "Then—please enjoy." I sat down with the two at our table and ate with them... It—isn't this my first time eating together with someone? 

I slowly became more and more conscious of eating together with the two as we ate. I directed my stare downwards towards my food for most of the meal until I finished. "Y—you two can leave your plates on the table, I'll get them." Afterwards, I quickly took my plate and waited in the kitchen. "That... was nice..." The meal was silent, but... I felt happy - just a little bit. To see others actually eating my food gave me a feeling of delight - maybe this wasn't so bad after all... 

I stayed in the kitchen until Cecelia came in with two plates in hand. I figured they both were done eating so I went over to help Cecelia get all the dishes back to the kitchen. We both silently brought back everything in a strangely efficient and organized manner, before we both found ourselves in the kitchen...

"Cecelia, come to my room later, okay?" I decided - whatever she likes it or not - to force the issue. Our relationship wouldn't change if I pretend to do nothing, and the time from there and now made me question if I should wait for Cecelia to press her issue. 

"Ye—unn..." She uttered quietly with a small nod. 

We coordinated our efforts cleaning up. We quickly finished washing the dishes before going to the dining room. "Thank you for cooking dinner Alicia." Ignation said.

"Hehe—err..." Shame... "It was the least I could do for you bringing me back..." Two times was too many times.

Ignation laughed, "Well, thank you for that. I'll be taking my leave; I'll see you next school day." He said as he went to the entranceway.

With him gone, I turned to Cecelia. "Come with me." I told her. I went to my room with her following behind. As Cecelia came into my room I closed the door behind her, "You can sit on the bed Cecelia." I motioned with my hands. As Cecelia sat down, I sat next to her...

"Alicia—ano—," She looked nervous with her shaking arms, and spoke in broken stutters. Remembering that diary and what was written on it, I was sure Cecelia was reliving something terrible as I forced her into my room, but... 

I let out a sigh; holding her left arm with my hand. "It's okay Cecelia, I will be here for you." I ushered to her. "Alicia will never do such things again." I figured speaking softly in a third person tone would calm her down. After speaking my say, I kept quiet... I figured it would be better to let Cecelia calm down slowly rather than constantly reassuring her. I sat next to her, closely, hearing the rapid breaths from her...

"I—... Alicia..." Cecelia uttered slowly before going silent again.

We sat together for a few more minutes... I waited for Cecelia to respond once more before I initiated my conversation...

... Huh? Why was she leaning against me—wait... I looked at her, "Oh..." She was asleep... Did I really get to her so much that she felt comfortable to sleep right next to me? "... Haha~, this was all it took?" I asked myself; thinking myself a fool. 

Well—seeing Cecelia in her uniform reminded me of what happened to her earlier; I figure I should do something about it... I knew she was sleeping in her uniform, but I didn't care about that. I slowly removed myself from her and let her fall onto my bed, before putting my blanket over her. 

... Sigh—looking at her sleeping in my bed so peacefully reminded me that I had things to do... I took my phone and headed to the common room, looking up then number for Cecelia's school. There was no way I would ignore the issue of Cecelia's school life; especially if someone was bullying Cecelia. "... sigh, this is going to be difficult..." I uttered; knowing how school drama was firsthand.

22