Chapter 9
576 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I came back to our house from my therapy appoint around noon. I had time to myself for the day, and I wasn't going to waste it. 

I started with makeup. "Hehe~, finally a chance to look good." I was lucky that I had a good natural look, but I wondered how I would look with some polish. I knew the power of makeup as a guy - having to be able to polish myself up -, but this would be the first time I went out in total public with some makeup as a girl. I felt excited, yet—there was a sense of uncertainty of what people would see me as. 

I applied some light makeup to my face - mostly makeup to empathize my cheeks and eyes; features that I felt were what made my appearance special - before looking at myself in the mirror in my room—,

"Cu—," I... was in awe... This was me? I knew makeup could change people - most of my experience was with stylists for important events and seeing Qualtia before - but my change, "Well—what should I wear?" I felt satisfied with my makeup work; it was light and pretty. I needed something that would match my appearance, so I went to look for something in my closest.

Something casual, yet pretty. I didn't want to go with skirts or dresses, but I had nothing really suitable besides those... I could always go with a safe option of a good-looking blouse or one of the pretty casual jackets alongside a wrap skirt, though I wanted to try something that would stray from beaming 'cuteness'.

I took to trying out clothes piece by piece, over and over... and over...

"... Eh—?" Did I really spend half an hour looking and changing clothes and my hairstyle? I only noticed after my eyes glanced at the digital clock on my night desk which read 14:12. "I should get going before I stay home for the day..." What I was wearing was fine, a knee-length blue-red plaid pleated skirt alongside a similar color blue and white blouse top with a sleeveless jacket. 

I looked at myself in a full-body mirror again, "..." The youthfulness of my outfit alongside my general appearance really gave off the air of a pretty young girl... though I still had a face that was nothing but a cute-teenage girl... 

I looked at myself again to make sure I was ready to go. My clothes were neat, my face and makeup were excellent, and I did my hair in a way to add to my youthful appearance, braided around the back of my head. The only thing left was—agh, shoes! Whatever—I'll just wear some cute high tops with white knee highs. I looked at myself, lifting my leg, "Modest." I felt satisfied with my appearance, as it stuck to my comfort of being modest in skin exposure. "Time to go." I told myself.

 


 

I arrived at the entrance to the Astoria Commerce Mall… alongside the glare and stares of people. “Well—I’m used to this…” It was different from when I went out in disguise before. From people recognizing an important figure, to now looks of… err—admiration and awe? “Just—it’s sharper…” The stares from the young men were especially intense.

I went to look for a place to eat; or somewhere to enjoy. “Fleta’s Crepefe.” Was a place I remembered exploded in popularity with girls a while ago. I never went there; being the uninterested me before, but now, “Sweets sound nice.” 

I slowly led myself to where I last remembered Fleta’s Crepefe was—,

“Hey—hello there.” Ugh—? I quickly turn whilst taking a quick step back in reaction, “Don’t be so frightened.” One of those type of guys… I turn back around and ignored him—, “Don’t run!” He was more forceful this time taking my shoulder. 

“… What is it…” I grew annoyed as I turned my head around.

“Eh?” The guy - likely one of those troublesome college students - uttered. “Ahem—you mind going for a drink?” 

“No.” I walked away, irritated…

“Wait here!” He—tsk! I looked around to see—!

“Wait there.” Guh—! Why are familiar voices always surrounding me? 

“Huh—who are you—…” Eh… This pickup artist did not know what he would be getting himself into...

Haha~, I knew him way too well. “Me?" There was only one person who looked like him, with the pretty face and natural-born glossy silver hair unique to his family.

“Asterisia again?” The man yelled; before running off... I suppose this wasn't their first time.

“Sigh—seriously…” I looked at Desnyoon beside me… Err—Asterisia Desnyoon. “Thanks for stepping in.” 

It was standard of him to do something like this… From his treatment of his younger sister, he became overprotective of younger girls to the point he’s become a joke within the our circle. 

“You aren’t afraid?” Asterisia asked. “Actually—thanks for not freaking out upon looking at me.” Haha, that…

The Prince of the 5 Families, Desnyoon… Capturing the eyes of young girls - and for that matter, women -, we all laughed at him for that, though in a joking manner of course. There was no way we could ever match up to him in term of importance.

“Why should I?” I uttered. I knew him too well—prideful, sharp, and awefully logical… Wait—actually…

I should be careful. The only one—correction; the only few who could even suspect me were him, Goldia, and Empress Tenshi. 

“Fair enough.” Asterisia uttered.

I shouldn't be with him too long before my habits kick in. “I have to get going; thank you for driving him off Mister.” I politely thanked Asterisia whilst giving a light courteous bow before walking away.

I waited until I was a bit away… “That was close.” I almost acted too familiar with him. I spoke to him at first to informally in a relaxed manner. If I didn’t catch myself, I may have even used his name, Desnyoon. “… if it’s him, if he finds me out, he’ll be sure to bring me back…”

I took a deep breath—I was fine… I was just going on a trip to get some crepes; I still wanted some crepes. “Crepes…” Think of crepes; don’t think of Asterisia and what he could do…

I took out my phone and searched up Fleta's Crepefe after walking through the slightly emptier than normal than normal mall workday afternoon for a while. After following some directions, I finally arrived to the legendary crepe cafe. Fleta’s Crepefe. I neared the entrance to the cafe—,

"Welcome to Fleta's Crepefe!" A girl wearing a black dress and detailed colored apron greeted me. "Are you coming in for us today?" She asked in a very bright upbringing manner.

"Yes." I nodded. "Please lead the way." 

 


 

“Thank you!” Those crepes were really good… For that matter, everything was really good. My taste has changed significantly as I felt sweets and sugar were really fulfilling. My old taste has… really died out. 

“Likewise as well. Fleta’s Wishes, come again.” An older, more mature girl said as I left the cafe. I felt fulfilled leaving this place. I for sure planned to come back here eventually; it had a nice atmosphere inside, had sweets, and sweet drinks. 

I planned to visit clothing stores and look around. I looked at my phone to get the time, "15:33." As long as I got back by 18:00, I would still be able to cook for Cecelia. If not by 18:00, I could probably just bring back something for both of us to eat.

I wandered around the mall window shopping until something caught my eyes. "An arcade." I piqued my interest; I never had any experience that could be considered... all fun. "Haha~," I remembered all the times I came to this mall and passed the many entertainments. "... Lucky them..." I was always busy when the other four - actually three, correction - had all the time to themselves... 

Now—as I looked at the arcade. "I... wonder how it feels like." I walked towards the arcade with my wallet ready as I walked in. I walked to the main desk and saw a male receptionist. "Greetings mister." 

"Ah—," He looked at me...? "Err—hello there, how may I help you?" 

I took out my wallet. "How much does it cost to play?" I asked.

He brought up a small board, "You can load the card to work for the time listed for the listed price." Hour, two, three... The price seemed reasonable for the length of time.

I changed my gaze over to the arcade machines, "Could I get a card for an hour sir?" I couldn't indulge myself too long, I still had to go back to get dinner ready.

I handed the listed number of marks - 1450 Marks - to him over the counter. "Of course." He took a blank white card and put it into a machine... "Here you go. Keep this card; if you come back here with it you'll get 5% off every visit, and this card will also serve as your profile in case you come back to play any games here." 

"Thank you, mister!" I took the card and ran off to a machine. 

The machine I went to looked like a driving game. It had a picture of a cute looking character on the side of the machine, so I was a little interested in what it was. I went to sit in it, "It's... awfully large." I looked below to see if I could adjust the seat, and to my surprise the seat indeed could be adjusted. I adjusted it to where I could comfortably touch the two driving pedals before inserting my card into the machine. The machine asked for me to input a name on it. "Te—se—ia..." I slowly uttered my name whilst typing my name on a small keyboard on the side. It then showed, "Wah—? So many characters?" A massive grid appeared on the left side of the screen with characters showing up on the right as I went through them all. Alongside the character came unique vehicles, "Is... this what games are?" I felt sad to say I barely touched many games.

The last time I touched one was when I was much younger, when games could be considered... Well, pixel and computer nerd stuff. I knew games progressed, but I never had any initial interest in them before. Though now, "How—this looks so good..." I went through all the characters to see them; their designs and vehicle, not to mention animations were excellent. 

After picking a character that slightly resembled me, it put me into another screen... "Maps... well—anything works." I picked a random one without a care. The screen said in front of me, 'Loading'. Now—I was here!

I started the game, and ended the game... 

... and the screen in front of me showed... 12th place... "Grr—!" Driving was never this hard! "... stupid items..." How in the world do you aim those... Lasers? I got hit by the lasers way too many times, and eventually I was in last place trying to catch up. Not to mention the driving was so hard—how did people do those turns without losing speed? "Again! I swear I'll do better." 

This time I went again...

"7th place." Better than last time, now that I managed to improve my driving, but still... "One more time." I uttered as I tilted the stick to go to replay. 

... this time...

"... 2nd... I—I... did it..." I did! "I... I did it—Ididit—Ididit!" I was so happy, even if it was only second place... The drifts, the turns, all the driving, and my item usage. "I... did... it..." I took my card out of the machine and got up... 

I wanted to play another game. My spirit and morale were high, and this time... I went to a game with a weapon. It played an auto-played game of what looked like a crosshair on a bunch of... aliens? "Let's go!" 

 


 

I left the arcade with complicated feelings. "It was fun." Though—I felt mentally tired, and my cheeks felt flushed hot after being so on edge on one game. 

Once again, another spot in this mall was marked for future visit. I moved on out of the arcade to what I actually wanted this trip to be dedicated to, shopping. I took to window shopping around the mall outlets looking for stuff of interest... clothes. 

I walked by the countless windows with mannequins and clothes until I came to a store I knew pretty well. It was a mixed-gender clothing store that was of high quality; I could trust finding something fashionable and casual here.

"Hehe—hopefully I can carry everything back with me." I uttered as I walked in.

I wanted to get some pants, tops, and shorts. Something that could fit the more modern casual street style I see on magazines. With that in mind, I went shopping, looking around the female section of the store.

 

 


 

 

"Guh—!" I dreadfully walked up the two steps to our home... "I really am pitiful..." I thought I didn't buy a lot, but my body said otherwise as I struggled carrying the three bags of clothes into our home.

27