10 : Academy (1)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ilsung woke up early in the morning and packed his bags. He didn't have to pack too many things as Academy 1 was in Gangseo, which was less than an hour by car. He went downstairs, and after grabbing the box of cookies Eun made for him, he decided not to wait for breakfast and got in the car.

The car arrived at the Academy 40 minutes later. The Academy was located on a large grass field, the building looked brand new. When Ilsung received the enrollment email, he looked up the location on the internet, and he could only find a block of office buildings and a small park.

After seeing the Academy, he was now sure that either the buildings were demolished by the Government to build the Academy, or the most likely scenario, a dungeon has appeared here and destroyed the buildings, and the government built the Academy near the dungeon.

Ilsung looked around, but all he could find were a few buildings, the Academy itself, and a training ground in front of it. He couldn't see anything that could be called a dungeon.

*Well, whatever... I'll find out soon*

Ilsung showed his enrollment email to the security posted at the entrance. After being escorted into the building to the front desk, a beautiful woman politely greeted Ilsung. After he showed the email, the woman verified his identity and details. Ilsung was given an ID card and was assigned room number 6 on the 1st floor.

The dormitory was in a different block, separate from the main building of the academy. It was a multistory building with 5 floors.

*The academy and the dormitory are moderately sized, they shouldn't be able to house more than a few hundred. This means there should be multiple Academies throughout Korea for each aptitude level.*

Ilsung walked to the dorm building while thinking about other Academies. He entered the building and could see rows of rooms in a rectangular outline and a central dining hall. Ilsung wheeled his bags to his room, waved his ID card, and put his thumb on the fingerprint scanner.

A voice came from the speaker above the fingerprint scanner.

"Biometric Registration Complete. You can use your fingerprint to enter the dorm room and access the other facilities."

The door to his room unlocked, he pushed open the door and carried the bags in. He unpacked his bags and placed his clothes and other things he brought inside the wardrobe. After finishing the unpacking, he took out his laptop and placed it on the table beside his bed. The room also had an office chair, besides that, the room was pretty small, and the bathroom too was small, but it was very clean and cozy.

*The buildings should have been prefabricated and assembled here. It's quite impressive.*

Ilsung was hungry, he closed the door to his room and went to the dining hall. He could see several vending machines and a buffet-style set-up of trays with different kinds of food. He grabbed a plate and picked two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a hard-boiled egg, and a big bowl of meat stew.

Ilsung sat at a table and started to devour the food on his plate, just as he was finishing the bowl of meat stew, two men and a woman walked into the dining hall. They filled their plates with food and sat in front of Ilsung.

"Hey dude, did you just arrive?"

"Yes, I arrived an hour before, I was hungry, so I decided to try out the breakfast. My name is Son Ilsung, by the way."

"The food here is good, dinner is the best meal. I'm Ban Yongsun"

The woman then greeted Ilsung and introduced herself.

"I'm Cheon Ji, nice to meet you."

Ilsung nodded.

The other man introduced himself, "I was the first one to arrive, I came here two days ago, immediately after I got assigned here" He gave a corny smile and swept his fingers through his long hair. "You can call me Mr. X"

The other two laughed.

"Nice to meet you Mr. X" Ilsung cringed inside. "When will the Academy session start? And how long will we be staying here?"

Mr. X started explaining, "The training will start in a couple of days. As for the duration of the session, my father got some insider info regarding this. We will be trained for 4 months, after which we can graduate. After we graduate, the academy will be open to everyone, people can enroll here after passing a test."

Ilsung nodded, "Makes sense. Thanks for the information."

Mr. X smiled and threw his hair back. "Of course, you're welcome, you're my junior after all. I'll definitely look after you."

Ilsung and the other two cringed.

"Please take care of me senior, thank you" Ilsung bowed, laughing inwardly.

Mr. X looked satisfied, and with a smug expression, he said "No need to call me senior, treat me like a friend".

Ilsung smiled and nodded, "Sure".

After finishing his remaining stew, Ilsung got up and put his plate on an empty cart, he washed his hands and before leaving he went to the group of people. "I need to go unpack my bags, see you later guys".

The three people waved at Ilsung. Before leaving the dining hall, Ilsung went up to a vending machine and grabbed a can of cold coffee. Needless to say, it was free.

*All of these facilities and not charging a cent. I guess the government intends to invest heavily in this. This will surely play a big role in securing the nation's defense against the dungeons*

Ilsung returned to his room, he sat in the chair and started browsing the various international and national forums and news sites on his laptop as he sipped the delicious cold coffee.

The governments of the world didn't yet let up on suppressing information, for fear of triggering panic among the people. Ilsung managed to find a few posts on Korean forums, which reported on dungeons popping up in their neighborhood leading to the destruction of buildings, and the subsequent cleaning up of the debris by a crew and large buildings which seemed to be constructed almost overnight.

Ilsung understood that these locations are where the Academies were constructed.

*If they are demarcating the Academies by talent and aptitude, it means the dungeons have a grading system they were able to identify.*

"Interesting!!"

After browsing for a while, he closed his laptop, finished his cold coffee, and threw the empty can into the small trash can placed in a corner of the room. It landed inside the bin perfectly. "Kobe!" he shouted. It has been more than a month since he became Ilsung, with the previous memories intact and due to scouring the internet daily, he was now aware of memes and pop culture references.

This fascinated and amused him greatly, whenever he saw a well-crafted meme, it never failed to put a smile on his face. Ilsung, with each passing day, grew fonder of humanity's culture here. Though he was at war with humans on his home planet, the humans on earth are different and have nothing to do with the war on Farvin.

He was also appreciative of the irony of isekai novels when he found himself in the exact situation these novels usually described. Though he never read much of this web fiction, he knew of many web novels, whose main plot was the sudden appearance of dungeons. He was unsure if the humans were lucky or unlucky, as web fiction turned into prophecy and then into reality.

*The sale of dungeon novels will skyrocket for sure, maybe I should buy a publisher that specializes in publishing such fiction.*

Ilsung had a long call with his father, asking him to look into buying a web novel publisher, one that specialized in publishing dungeon fiction and the like.

After finishing the call, Ilsung decided to draw a teleport inscription. He brought a large yoga mat for this exact purpose. He unrolled the yoga mat, took out a small carving knife he brought with him, and after heating it with a fireball spell, he began carving an inscription.

15 minutes later, he finished embossing an inscription onto the yoga mat, after removing the burnt edges, he wiped it thoroughly. The yoga mat was now looking neat. Ilsung stood on the mat and projected an inscription and rotated it to exactly match the one on the mat, the two inscriptions coalesced into one and started to draw mana out of him rapidly. Ilsung was almost drained of his mana when the inscription glowed a bright white before it faded into the yoga mat.

A wide grin appeared on Ilsung's face, he had a look of satisfaction and pride as he examined the blue yoga mat, which now has a tier 5 teleport inscription. He rolled up the yoga mat and place it in under his bed. He was exhausted, the meat stew and cold coffee didn't help either as he felt sleepy, he lay on the bed and quickly drifted to sleep.

~~

END OF CHAPTER 10

0