1/2
928 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Family curse

Everyone knew about the Jacobson twins and their eldest brother, Jonathan. They were the strange family with no parents that lived in the hills overlooking the small mountain town called Eden. It was a rather peaceful albeit mysterious place, outsiders rarely drove through and when they did they didn't stay long. Odd phenomenons tended to happen in Eden, such is the case with the Jacobson family. The three siblings were born to a sterile mother and father, the first sign of odd occurances. Twenty years ago the couple had conceived their first child, a young boy by the name of Jonathan. Two years after they birthed a set of nearly identical twins. A boy and a girl. All three children looked nothing like they're parents, which was the second odd thing people started to notice. The children had midnight black hair, golden eyes that resembled the color of straw, their skin as pale as frost on a cold winter morning. They're parents however were of Mediterranean descent. The final and oddest thing that the townsfolk noticed is that shortly after the birth of the twins, their parents had died mysteriously in their sleep. It confused the local coroner and sheriff to no end. There was no sign of foul play, no traces of drugs or poison in their corpses, absolutely no signs whatsoever other than the relatively young and healthy couple had peacefully and suspiciously died in their sleep. 

Because of this the trio of children were seen as an omen and treated as the black sheep of the town. They grew up alone, taking care of themselves, the sheriff, also a superstitious person still felt bad for the children, he gave them food everyday, taught them how to take care of themselves and made sure they were enrolled in the local public school. As the trio grew up they learned to stick together, they defended each other from bullies and harassment from the townsfolk. Because of this they very close to each other and almost inseparable. Our story starts on the twins last year of high school, the year that everything would change for the siblings, for better or worse that is yet to be determined. 

Chapter 1

Jonathan cracked a few eggs over the hot skillet on the stove. He adjusted his tie and sighed dreading another grueling long day of work. He tossed a few pieces of toast on three plates, along with the fresh cooked sunny side up eggs and a few pieces of bacon. He assembled the breakfast foods into a sandwich with the toast then poured three glasses of milk. This was the way he and his siblings started every morning. His younger brother and sister had slept in late as usual and he quickly rushed up the steps to their rooms after checking the time on his watch. 

"Mary! Joseph! Wake up! Breakfast is ready!" Jonathan yelled from the hallway. 

Two teens begrudgingly came out of their bedrooms, grumbling as they went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

After they had showered and dressed they met their older brother in the kitchen and sat down to eat breakfast. 

"You both know what tonight is right? So make sure you're home early."

Mary rolled her eyes.

"We know it's a full moon tonight John." She said as she took a bite of her breakfast sandwich.

Joseph sleepily nodded in agreement.

"It's not just a full moon, Mary. It's a blood moon. The first in 100 years. We have to be careful." Jonathan said in a strict tone

Mary rolled her eyes again and sighed.

"I doubt it'll be any different than a regular full moon John, stop worrying so much. Besides I already prepared the cages for us last night. The townsfolk will be safe from us as usual." 

Jonathan sighed and rubbed his temples. 

"Just be home early okay?" He said.

The twins both nodded and all three of them finished eating.

Jonathan grabbed his car keys and the siblings all piled into the rugged used jeep that Johnathan had bought a few years ago. 

He started the engine and drove down the small gravel mountain road that led to town. He dropped the twins off at the local high school and drove towards his workplace. 

He arrived at the newly built call center, the town rejected most offers from companies to build businesses like this in town, but the call center and the money it brought in was too much for the towns local government to decline, and so ever since it was opened two years ago when Jonathan turned 18 he'd had a boring, grueling, awful job that ate away at his soul. He hated it but the pay was nice and he definitely couldn't say he didn't need the money. 

Once inside the building and at his desk he started his day of listening to frustrated customers scream at him over their cable television not working. 

Hours passed and once lunch was over he'd just about had enough for today. He walked into his boss's office and started coughing like crazy, his boss, being the clean freak she was looked at his with a shocked expression and covered her mouth and nose with a handkerchief. 

"Jonathan dear, that cough sounds dreadful." She said with a worried expression.

"Yes Mrs Bell, I think I might have a fever." Jonathan replied in a convincing sick voice.

The woman waved her hand towards the door.

"Go home Jonathan, we'll see you next week, I can't have the entire office getting sick." 

Jonathan hurried out of her office, making sure to cough loudly around his coworkers as he gathered his things then left the building. He got into his jeep and drove towards the high school. 

Once parked and inside the school office he signed the dismissal papers for his brother and sister and soon they were called up to the front office for dismissal. 

"I thought you had to work till four?" Mary asked as they pulled out of the schools parking lot.

"I couldn't take it today, too stressed about tonight." Jonathan replied. 

He drove to the local pizzaria and payed for an early dinner then he and the twins rode in silence back home.

The sun was setting as the siblings stripped in the large barn behind their home. The temperature was starting to drop and none of them were too happy about ditching their clothes but it was necessary. 

Mary locked the door to the barn and walked over to the three large cages built to house Tigers at a zoo. 

"Okay big bro you first!" Mary chirped happily at Jonathan. 

He sighed and walked into the first cage, Mary closed the door behind him and locked the pad lock. She set the key on the ground, close to the cage door under a mat. She then did the same for her twin brother and for herself. The three siblings Sat on the small cots in their cages and waited for the blood moon to come.

“I’m so dreading shaving all the hair tomorrow.” Joseph groaned loudly.

“It’s not that big of a deal, I kind of like it personally, makes me feel primal.” Mary laughed.

“That’s not very ladylike, Mary.” Jonathan groaned as he felt the changes start.

“Oh God Here we go!” They all screamed in unison as the changed begin to overtake their bodies.

Bones could be heard cracking and adjusting, tufts of black fur spread all over the siblings bodies, they grew several feet in height and each resembled a humanoid beast of an animal. 

Jonathan looked like a towering 7 foot tall fox with snarling fangs and razor sharp claws.

Joseph resembled a large cat person, also equipped with claws and fangs.

And Mary, probably the most terrifying of the siblings was an 8 foot tall wolf woman, she looked like she belonged in a fairytale. A classic and horrifying depiction of a werewolf. 

All three of them begin to howl and growl as they banged against the cages they’d locked each other in, but it was no use, they couldn’t escape, they’d made sure of this, not until they were sound of mind and back in human form could they reach the keys Mary had left under the mats. 

The howls and sounds they made each full moon could be heard from miles away, and it shook the townsfolk to the core. They knew all too well to stay away from the hills that the siblings owned. They believed the land was cursed. And for good reason, if they discovered the siblings secret, life would be over for them. 

Chapter 2

Jonathan awoke to sunlight streaming through the rafters of the barn. His entire body screamed in agony and he groaned as he rolled off the little cot he’d been sleeping on. He blearily rubbed his eyes and noticed something felt off, well more off than usual the morning after a full moon. A deep voice from one of the cages started him from his early morning stupor and he looked up. 

“Shit John I think you were right about being worried.” The deep voice said from the shadows of Mary’s cage. Jonathan felt his heart begin to pound in his chest. Had someone broke into the barn? Had they been discovered. He started to panic when the voice spoke again and this time a tall, figure emerged from the shadows. 

“John calm down. It’s me, Mary.” The handsome, brooding man standing inside Mary’s cage said.

“Wha..?” He said but choked at the high pitched sound of his voice. He cleared his throat again and tried to speak.

“What happened?” He said again in an unfamiliar voice. He clutched his throat with his hand and his eye’s widened.

“Mary what the fuck happened!?” He yelled starting to panic.

The man claiming to be Mary unlocked her cage door and went over to Jonathan’s to unlock to cage for his. 

“I think this had something to do with the blood moon.” The man said, holding out his hand to help Jonathan up. 

He noticed the man had sleek, black wolf ears on top of his head and a long black and grey wolf tail. He noticed the man’s ears twitch slightly as he looked down at Jonathan. He also realized to his surprise that this man bore a strong resemblance to Mary, that is if Mary had been taking testosterone since the age of 12. He was huge, ripped and muscular, he looked like he stood well over six feet in height.

He pulled Jonathan to his feet and he gawked as he looked up at Mary, the man’s eye color was the same as his sisters and the resemblance to her was too strong, there was no doubt in his mind that this man was Mary. 

What bothered him wasn’t the fact that his sister was now his brother but that Mary towered over him, the height difference shouldn’t be so drastic, Jonathan knew for a fact he was six foot even. 

Jonathan looked down at his own body and almost fainted at the sight that greeted him. He was small, very small, that was obvious. He had large, heaving breasts, a slim toned hourglass figure and wide hips. His jet-black hair now hung down to his hips. He spun around and noticed three fluffy, black and silver fox tails, jutting out from his spine. He gawked up at Mary and looked like he was on the verge of tears. She noticed and pulled him into a tight hug, stroking his large fox ears that were flat against his head. Wait!? Fox ears!? His breathing begin to hasten and he felt like he was on the verge of a panic attack. He felt the tears he’d been holding back burst forth as he cried into Mary’s chest while she held him. 

“John it’s okay. Calm down.” She said softly in her comforting deep voice. 

“Okay!? It’s not okay in the least bit! We can’t hide this! We’re freaks!!” Jonathan practically screamed as he looked up at Mary. 

“We’ll figure this out don’t worry. Just calm down okay?” She said. 

Suddenly Jonathan’s worries went towards his brother. 

“Where is Joseph!?” He said in a panic. 

He ran out of the cage and grabbed the key to his little brothers cage then yanked the door open. 

In place of his brother was a small teen girl who looked to be the same height and build as Jonathan’s new body. The girl was still asleep and she let out a little snore as she rolled over to her other side. 

“Oh my god. He’s a fucking Neko!?” Mary practically yelled with excitement. 

Jonathan spun on his heels and glared at his sister.

“How are you taking this so lightly Mary!? He’s going to freak out when he wakes up, aren’t you uncomfortable being a man now?” Jonathan seethed at her. 

She smiled and ruffled his hair furthering his agitation. 

“Honestly ‘lil’ bro, I don’t really mind, in fact I like this. I feel powerful. I was never really into girly shit growing up so this isn’t much of a surprise. I feel so comfortable in this body.” She replied with a smile.

“Yeah well that’s great for you, but I don’t feel the same and I doubt Joseph will either.” He said feeling tears prick the edges of his eyes again. 

“We won’t know until he wakes up. It’s not the end of the world John, being a woman isn’t that bad and you’re very beautiful so you’ve got that going for you.” She said looking down at Jonathan.

“This isn’t.. this isn’t right. Besides I’m more worried about work, you really think they’ll believe I’m Jonathan when I look like this? And what about you and Joseph? You can’t go to school like that! The town already thinks we’re freaks they’ll kill us or worse!” Jonathan said with a huff as he looked up at his sister now brother.

“Look we can worry all we want about that later.. but for now I think it’d be best to adjust to our situation, Cmon let’s wake Joseph and go inside, I’m pretty famished and I’ve got a feeling you’re hungry too.” Mary said with a sigh. 

Jonathan simply nodded, knowing there was no sense in arguing or causing himself to have another panic attack. He watched as Mary lifted Joseph’s sleeping form and carried him out of the barn towards the small house on the hill they called home. 

21