CHAPTER 10 : Supermarket Trip!
199 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My dad had already deposited money to me, so we should be able to buy enough to last a week."

Apparently, Yuu's dad had agreed to split the costs for their everyday life by his side of the family, while living expenses is on Aoi's side. And as quick as ever, his dad had already deposited enough money to probably last for a month, but spending it all isn't so practical, so he thought they should only buy for weekly life.

After this decision, both had left after a few minutes of Aoi giving her selfish request. They had entered the grocery, took a push cart and started walking around. Yuu didn't think about what to have for dinner or even the food the days after, so he decided to just buy any ingredient that's priced pretty low and continued placing it on their cart.

"What are you gonna cook?" Aoi, who is confused to why Yuu kept placing stuff on their cart asked him.

"Hm? Oh, I haven't thought about anything yet. In fact, I'm not bothering to think of it."

"Why?"

"Let's see. Well, if you choose what to cook, you'll be put up mainly on its ingredients and might go too much, risking a higher price. So I thought that if I just take necessary ingredients for about a week, we can just think of what to cook later."

"I see…. I didn't know that… to think you thought that far…."

"It's just that— wait, don't tell me you haven't noticed it?!" 

"Eh? Notice what?"

Aoi didn't seem to know what Yuu is talking about, and Yuu just sighed.

"Other than living together… they're also leaving us… responsible for what we do. That's why I was being punctual about our food."

"Seriously?!"

"Seriously."

Aoi was shocked by what she heard and regretted not knowing something so important.

"Pfft." beside Aoi, Yuu suddenly chuckled while pushing their cart.

"Wh-What is it?"

"No… it's just that— I didn't expect the smart Aoi to be dumb sometimes." Yuu kept chuckling as Aoi pouted on him.

"Ah— geez!" 

"Ouch— sorry, sorry." Aoi pinched Yuu's cheeks which made him immediately apologize.

"...dummy." Aoi said silently as she sulked.

"Yes, yes. I'm a dummy." Yuu said as he continued pushing the cart with one hand and held Aoi's hand with the other. "Well then, shall we pay?"

"Yeah. Wait, we're done?"

"Yeah, we can go for curry tonight, are you fine with that?"

"Of course. I'll be happy with anything!"

"I see." Yuu smiled at her while he placed the cart by the counter and started paying.

A few minutes after packaging, 2 large shopping bags were there, inside were their weekly ingredients. As Yuu was about to take the bags, Aoi took one.

"Eh, Aoi?! That's heavy, isn't it? Let me ca—"

"No!" As Yuu was talking, Aoi exclaimed a No. "If you hold both… we can't… hold hands…. Right?"

By the sudden surprise, Yuu reddened up, and answered a silent "Yes… you're right…." Yuu offered her his hand, which she immediately took and smiled as beautiful as a sunflower.

As both of them walked on the night, on their way to their new home, with the moon illuminating them lightly, and the street lights, Yuu immediately realized something.

"Wait a minute…"

"Yuu? What's wrong?" Aoi asked him, they didn't stop walking, but Yuu suddenly exclaimed so it made Aoi worried.

"It's just…. What do we do about tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? I can cook some 𝘰𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦 if you don't mind me."

"Ah— sure. Wait, no! That's not the problem. I'm talking about school."

"What of it?" Aoi had a bewildered face, she doesn't seem to understand where he's going.

"Our relationship… how do we explain it?"

"Let's see. Shouldn't we just say we're fiancés and living together?" Aoi answered in a nonchalant voice and questioned face.

"..." Yuu looked at her with pity. "You know… you're quite an airhead, huh…."

"Huh? Are you mocking me?!" Aoi, while holding Yuu's hand, suddenly pinched him.

"Ouch, ouch— no. It's just, how do you think people would react, to two of the same age, living together, and are opposite sexes?"

"Yeah? And what of it? We are, aren't we?"

"...." Yuu was looking at her with a troubled face. "Did you even unders—"

"I don't care." Aoi suddenly exclaimed with a silent voice, and held his hand tightly. "I don't care what people would think of us, I love Yuu and I won't hide it to anyone. You do too, right?"

"Eh?!— of course I do. I love Aoi as well!"

"See? Then why would you even care about what others think?"

"It's just…"

"After all…. Yuu isn't… the type of person would do that, right?.." Aoi said as she loosened up her hand a bit, and intertwined her fingers to his.

"Nn…." Yuu reddened up to her words, but he saw that she was just as red as his, and she held her hand tightly, as tight as she was doing earlier. "Alright…." they continued to walk to their home which is just a few steps away from them, then Yuu said a few silent words to her, "You're too cute, damn it…."

"I know…. I know…" Aoi replied with a gleeful smile on her face.

5