CHAPTER 11 : Dinner and Responsibilities
221 13 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both had entered their home and washed up their hands and had helped each other to put the groceries to the fridge, and had separated the ingredients for the night.

"Can you dice these up?" Yuu, who was in his apron, handed peeled and washed vegetables to Aoi.

"Sure."

Aoi wasn't particularly hopeless in the kitchen. She could at least dice up some vegetables for some curry without even worrying about being cut, 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥, is what Yuu thought and it's exactly correct.

"Are these fine?" Aoi showed him a bowl full of diced up veggies.

"Yeah, you could wait in the living room, I'll be done in a while."

"Are you sure? You don't need my help?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'll call you over when I finish cooking. Besides…"

"Hm?" Aoi looked at him confusedly before exiting the kitchen

"There's gonna be a lot we're gonna decide…."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just talk about it over dinner."

"Hm. Then, sure…."

She went with the ok and sat on their living room sofa and opened their television

Their house had finally become better for just the two of them.

Then, after a few minutes, Yuu had finished "Aoi? Let's eat!" he called her name. He immediately went to the table and served her rice curry or her portion.

"Uwaahh—" Aoi looked at her plate in awe of what Yuu had cooked with a huge smile on her face.

"Well then, let's eat!" 

"Yeah!"

The two had begun eating, and for a while, Yuu had started talking about what he wanted to talk about earlier.

"So? What did you want to talk about?"

"Hm. Let's start about our relationship at school—"

"We already talked about that, right?" Aoi said with a warm smile on her face.

"I see. Alright. Then—I won't hold back to anything I'd say about our relationship. Is that fine?"

"Of course!"

"Well then, let's talk about the responsibilities for a while."

"Hm? I can take care of the laundry just fine, so if you don't mind…." 

"Then, please do. I'm honestly hopeless on the laundry…."

"Haha— really? I didn't expect that." Aoi chuckled at him.

"Well, sorry…"

"Ahaha—anyways, what else?"

"Let's see…. I can take care of cooking throughout the whole da—" as Yuu was talking, Aoi suddenly stared at him while pouting. "Wh-What?—"

"Nnnn…. Nothing…." Aoi stepped back and returned to her seat.

"Th-Then… as for cleaning, should we do it alternately?"

"Sure." Aoi sulked and chomped a spoonful of her curry.

𝘞𝘩-𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳?....

"A-Anyways. As for the bath, I'll go first and just change the water."

"Eh?" Aoi suddenly went back to her usual self, "we're not taking it together?" she said in a blank expression.

"Wh-What are you talking about!" Yuu exclaimed in a completely reddened, embarrassed face. "Of course we can't!"

"We can't?" Aoi's blank expression was the same as before, until her cheeks became red up to her cheeks, seemingly realizing what she said. "Th-That's right…. Th-Then, I'll g-go second…."

"Y-Yeah…." 

The atmosphere was awkward for what Aoi had airhedeadly said, but they calmed down a few minutes later.

"Then, I guess that's that?"

"Right, doesn't seem like we forgot something important, right?" 

"Yeah. Well then—" Yuu offered a hand to her as he stood up with a plate on his other hand.

"Yeah." and Aoi took the hand, only to misunderstand.

"I-I appreciate the hand, but… I'm gonna wash the plates…."

Aoi had realized her misunderstanding, and immediately blushed, and handed Yuu her plate as she stood up, exclaiming "I-I'll help!"

"Y-Yeah, that's a big help…."

The two had spent a while washing their dishes and cleaned the kitchen and also had cleaned the house a bit before taking a shower, of course, Yuu went first, replaced the bathwater with a fresher, warm water, before letting Aoi in. 

"Aoi, I'm done."

"Mm. Thank you."

After the two had finished their showers, they went upstairs where they were to be separated.

"Then, Goodnight, Aoi."

"Mmm. Goodnight, Yuu."

With that being said, Yuu had changed into his bedwear and tucked himself in. 

4