Chapter 4 – City
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work leave a follow, comment or rating. Enjoy your reading!

Alex sat by the fire. “God, I almost died again. I had eight life points left as I looked at the status during the fight. I have to be more careful because I won’t be reborn a second time. I should create a servant from the body of this bandit commander,” he pondered and Lucifer came pushing a cart filled with coins, artwork, precious stones and several skill books. “My lord this is all I have found,” said lucifer bowing. Alex tucked everything into the system inventory, then took out the books and started looking through them.

“[Wall of fire] it won’t be useful to me now, [Ice spear] also medium,” he looked at the last one and his lips smiled, [Corpse support] “Finally something useful,” he took it in his hand and started reading.

“[You have learned Corpse support magic],”

Alex thought to check the exact working of this skill. “[Corpse support],” he thought, and a message appeared in front of his eyes.

[Corpse support] - Revives corpses within range (10m) to aid the thrower for two minutes. Growth Opportunity.

He was satisfied, as this was the skill he needed most if there were more than one opponent. Moments later, the bandit brought in a few girls who had been kidnapped. “My Lord, I found only them,” he said, kneeling down. The women, when they saw this, did not know what to think. At first they were happy that someone had killed the bandits, but they guessed that this someone was not a law enforcement person.

“Look at me,” he said in a serious voice. The women raised their heads and looked into his eyes, which were indifferent to their lives. “You have two choices. Either you go to my place and be a maid there, or death on the spot.” The women knew he couldn’t let them go because the kingdom would find out what happened here. The woman looked around at the others and replied: “We agree to serve you,” she said and bowed. “Alright now tell me everything about this kingdom, the nearest city, the professions that are done, everything you know.” The women just looked at each other and began to answer. “This is the kingdom of Azrael, it is one of the weaker ones in the area, this is because only a small portion of the population has combat classes. Because of this, we are mainly an agricultural state. We exist mainly because it doesn’t pay to conquer us as we don’t have many dungeons where people can grow by killing monsters.” said a woman with amber hair smiling gently. After a moment another woman added: “As for the nearest city it is the city of Limewood, about an hour away, it is one of the larger cities in the area, there is also a dungeon there so there are quite a few seekers. As for the economy, our kingdom is leading the way in agriculture.”

‘Alright now you will go to my place of residence. No one will do anything to you if you don’t provoke him,’ he said and looked at the undead bandit: ‘Lead these ladies to the tomb and take care of them. You should be able to contact Matias mentally ." He said and sent them away with a wave of his hand. Later he stood up, walked over to the captain’s body and created an undead from it. “Your name will be Jasper and you will do what you have been doing so far. Besides robbing, you will look for people with special skills and classes. When you find such either recruit them or kill them and take their corpses with you, we will be in touch. I hope you can handle it.” He said to Jasper and a smile on his face.

“Yes my lord, if you don’t mind me asking what classes are useful to you?,” he asked mentally

“Classes such as archer, mages of any kind, spy, scout, assassin, thief besides it is important their skills if they are useless in their classes or just weak then I am not interested,” he replied with a surprised expression on his face. He didn’t expect the undead to ask him anything.

“Yes, my lord,” bowing he left the cave.

Alex, out of curiosity, gave such a mission to Jasper. He wanted to see how much it is possible to perform tasks by an undead in which he has to show creativity and caution. Even if he died Alex would lose almost nothing and if he succeeded, it would mean that he could just commission unspecific missions and by the way he would gain a lot of silver and maybe some suitable corpses.

“My Lord, shall I prepare a carriage with horses?” Lucifer asked.

“Yes prepare, we will travel to Limewood”.

A moment later, a carriage harnessed to two horses stood in front of the cave. The interior was simple. Inside, there were two benches on two sides to transport over three people sitting in the front. Alex came out of the cave, sat in front next to Lucifer, and nodded that they could go. The road was rough at first, but once they got on the paved road, the journey passed quickly.

“Remember Lucifer, you must act like an adventurer and I am your companion, so from now on you call me Hades with no titles when anyone is around. I will portray you as a mute, but if anything happens, remember not to give out my identity.” He said with a menacing expression on his face.

“This servant will remember,” he replied.

Soon the city could be seen in the distance. The walls reached about ten meters. On two sides were towers on which stood guards with bows and ballistas. The carriage pulled up to the gate. The guards were checking the carriages to see if they were smuggling anything illegal. “Two bronze coins for entry,” the guard said to Lucifer. Alex took and gave the guard two silver coins instead of the bronze ones. The guard was surprised, looked at him again and let him drive in. In the beginning of the town, there were many factories for clothing, weapons, armor and all sorts of things. As we drove, on after a few, minutes we came to a place where stores, taverns and various services started. The street was wide enough for 6 carts to fit in the width. People were walking back and forth. You could also see a lot of slaves on the street, who were often of a different race. He went through the walk and see what was being sold in the stores and for how much.

“Good morning,” he said, walking into a gun store. “These things, compared to what was in my armory, look like they came out of scrap metal,” he thought as he walked by checking the prices and quality of the products. He didn’t know much about swords, but he wanted to know the prices, anyway. He walked around many stores and finally decided to go to the office that sold houses. The building was in the center of the city and was nicely decorated with two guards standing outside. Alex went inside and approached the window. “Good morning, I would like to buy a house,” he said, and the man turned around with an unsavory expression on his face. “Kid you better not joke around and get out of here,” he said hungrily waving his hand. Lucifer almost growled at the sales agent but held back, not wanting to reveal his Lord. The woman on the side who worked here watched and nodded. “Maybe he’ll finally learn not to judge people by their appearance, let alone their age,” she thought.

“I think you made a mistake, I am here to buy a house, if you are not capable of such a simple task as showing me which house is vacant and accepting the money please call someone who can handle it” Alex said mocking the guy. The employee burst out angrily, calling out the guards. The guards came in and knew they had been put in some good shit. “Arrest them for insulting a public servant,” he yelled, pointing at Alex and Lucifer. The guards hesitated. They could see that these two were no ordinary people. Lucifer took off his shield and sword, which was about a foot and a half long, from his back. When the people saw this, they knew that all this had happened because of one official. “We’re going to get out of here and come back with a warrant to arrest this clerk and now if you don’t want to eat sand from underneath then move,” Alex loudly said in such a tone of voice that even the king would have backed away. The guards moved away, and he and Lucifer walked out. The people breathed a sigh of relief because blood would have been shed if the young man had not stepped aside. His words left the people in amazement. After leaving the office, they went to an inn to spend the night and to hunt for the mayor of the town in the evening so that their stay would be without problems.

If you like my work leave a follow, comment or rating. Enjoy your reading!

1