Chapter 15- A final fight
296 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Just as Koto said that, the spider jumped towards them. The spider spun, and spread webs all over the boss room. [Great, now we have to worry about our surroundings.] The spider started focusing on Kokoro, so Koto took this time to prepare a spell. [Focus, stir up wind. Control it to a certain extent. Now, once you have it under control, focus it on one spot. Apply it there and hold it.] *You have learnt the skill Gentle Step* [Perfect] Koto crouched down, getting ready to jump. As soon as he jumped, he disappeared and appeared right behind the distracted spider.

"Sword Aura." A blue transparent coating appeared on his Kuroshi, and he sliced the, what could be assumed to be, neck. 

{Skreee} The spider screamed in pain from the attack.

"Go for it!" Kokoro recognized the signal and used her skill. Her daggers increased in size, and do double damage. Kokoro started throwing a flurry of attacks, and it dealt a decent amount of damage. [Alright! We have it in a corner, but we should still be careful.] The spider, however, suddenly got a boost. The spider screeched and knocked Koto and Kokoro backwards into the wall.

"Urgh!" Koto's mana was being drained heavily, and he just took massive damage from hitting the wall. *The enemy is in a state of rage. It has gained a boost to all stats, but has lost all sense of reason.*[Damnit, we only lowered it down to the second bar of HP, and it's in a state of rage.] Koto popped open his last MP potion while thinking of a plan. After thinking, and thinking. He thought of one last plan.

"Alright, let's do this." Koto plopped down from the wall he crashed into. 

"Kokoro!" Kokoro was still recovering from the crash, and she turned to look at Koto. 

"Come to me!" Kokoro sprinted so fast, she got there instantaneous.

"Got a plan?" Koto nodded in response. 

"But first, we need to distract that thing." Koto said while pointing at the spider.

"I got this." Kokoro pulled out three things from her inventory and threw it towards in three different directions. Once they landed, they started popping.

"Firecrackers?"

"Yup." Koto shook his head, [Not gonna ask where she got them.]

"Alright, what I need you to do is-" 

After talking about the plan, Kokoro nodded, and they separated from each other. 

"Oi, over here!" The spider turned over to Kokoro, and once the spider saw her. He started chasing her. Over with, Koto. He was holding his sword on his right hand. He had the right side of his body turned towards the spider, and had the left side faced away. He had his eyes closed, not focusing, but praying for something. [Oh please let this work.] Koto kept the position, waiting for something. After waiting long enough, Koto saw an opportunity. He started sprinting towards the spider, however the spider noticed him.

"Kokoro!" Kokoro threw her last firecrackers near the spider's legs and the spider stepped all over it.

"Skree!" The spider screeched and walked away from the firecrackers. [Nice, the firecrackers worked. Now I just need to finish it off.] Koto slid under the fleeing spider's stomach, and Kuroshi started flaming. Koto chucked Kuroshi while yelling,

"Flame Javelin!" Kuroshi went straight through the stomach of the spider and stuck onto the roof of the room. The spider stumbled backwards, but didn't collapse. It still stood strong, however it stumbled onto one of its webs it made. The web caught on fire because of some basic fire starting skills Kokoro had, and the spider itself caught on fire. The spider kept crying, trying to stop the fire, however it failed and died. *You have beaten the one who devours all. Lvl up* The notifications for leveling up continued on for a minute, and it stopped. [I should check my level.] Koto opened his status,

Name:Arako Gender:Female
Race:Human
Lvl:38
HP:224
MP:184
Str:96
Spd:117
Int:79
Status:Worn out
Points Remaining:46

Koto's jaw dropped looking at his level. [16 levels in one fight!? Well, it was well deserved.] Kokoro limped over to Koto, and plopped right next to him.

"What now? I can barely move, and you can't move either." Koto and Kokoro had no idea on what to do until, *Congratulations on defeating the intruding boss, generating rewards now!* A blue transparent screen of images and text appeared in front of Koto. Koto scrolled down and selected three items. Then the screen then disappeared and appeared in front of Kokoro.

"You can take the rest of the items, I already got what I need." Kokoro was confused, but still took the items. *Sending items to inventory now. Processing... Completed, you have received the selected items.*

"Now that we got our rewards, how are we supposed to leave now?" 

"I can help." Koto was surprised from the sudden voice, and realized it was Touyo. 

"How so?" 

"Who are ta-" Koto held up his finger to his mouth to make a shushing face, and continued with Touyo.

"I can teleport you to the city from the dungeon."

"Convenient. What about Kokoro?" 

"I can as well, since she is in the party."

"Well then, start it up." Koto, Kokoro and Kuroshi started fading away from bottom to top. Then they completely disappeared and reappeared in the beginner town. *An item has reappeared in your inventory* Koto quickly opened his inventory to see that Kuroshi returned. [Oh, that's what it was.] Koto closed his inventory and turned to Kokoro. 

"What are you going to do now?"

"Head off, I'm have a nice sleep and hope that I don't have nightmares of that spider." Kokoro disappeared, leaving Koto on the street, alone. Koto looked up to see the moon, [Guess I'm going to sleep too.]

"Touyo log me off." Koto then disappeared too.

13